PSO GC: Get ready for Episode II Challenge Mode

Jack

Guest Lord Monty

awww, gorfy - your team has deserted you...its a shame because c3 is full of monkey goodness. These new challenges certainly are hard bastards, but it seems like with a bit of strategy, luck and perseverence they are do-able...although we are now wishing we had a ranger on board. And the feeling when you complete one is better than chocolate

I'm enjoying them more than the first lot in fact, mainly because with the first ones I was blindly following the guy with the maps, so I never got to know the levels. It would be interesting to have another go at ep 1 c mode without them

I'm enjoying them more than the first lot in fact, mainly because with the first ones I was blindly following the guy with the maps, so I never got to know the levels. It would be interesting to have another go at ep 1 c mode without them

I was pretty apprehensive about not having maps for c2 and c3, but like you said finding the way ourselves does add to the fun. I know the maps are tried and tested by the rabid hardcore (especially ep1) but part of me does wonder that if everyone follows the same route and method how is there ever going to be any fresh ideas?

And as for ep1 cmode again, that's something that I keep thinking about doing too. We probably know enough willing people to have another 4 now. Perhaps Mathilda, and maybe Tobias could be persuaded for Thursday nights??

I take it the people posting here wanting to join teams are sorted now with Gorf's new team? or not?

Woah, woah, woah, Tex - I thought we were just having a couple of weeks off to mull over our next move? Still, the more I think about it, the less I can be bothered with it. That being the case, Red's gonna hang up her shiny, patent leather boots and S-Rank daggers and sail off into the sunset, search out new worlds to explore and unleash mayhem on, etc.

But before she does, she'd just like to thank the following people from various places for making Ragol such a pleasurable place to be over the years:

Blade, the Boye/Miscreant, Cosina, Daisy/Kim, Devdas, Duncan, Eowyn, Grandmaster, Jigsaw, Joygirl, KATO, Lord Monty, Mugla, Sheriff Pacman, the Streetest Dude and around a couple of dozen others whose names I sadly forget right now;

Special mention to the dynamic trio of Pungee, Sabreman and Tiptoe, who were the acest and kindest team mates a poor, put-upon HUnewearl could ever ask for;

Naturally, I can't go without shouting out to Yuji Naka and Every Hunters of PSO, without whom, none of this would be possible;

And finally, last but most certainly not least, the man who never gives in when his back's to the wall, who fights to the end and is taking it all...the one, the only, the irrepressable Gorf King, aka Zoltan, aka Mike Dracula, aka Mike Dracula Jnr. A miserable aul sod (and a sodding Mag to boot) but the smartest guy* on the forum by a long way and just the sort of guy you want backing you up and hacking them up when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. The kind of guy who just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, 'Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.'

This is Red, survivor of Pioneer2, signing off.

*Even if he is completely wrong on the most important issue of all - those overrated scousers never came close to matching the sheer aceness of Time on My Side, Sympathy For The Devil, Gimme Shelter or You Can't Always Get What You Want

YOU KNOW IT.

*Even if he is completely wrong on the most important issue of all - those overrated scousers never came close to matching the sheer aceness of Time on My Side, Sympathy For The Devil, Gimme Shelter or You Can't Always Get What You Want

YOU KNOW IT.

Sure, sure, sure. So how come Jagger or Richards weren't offered the gig for doing the Thomas The Tank Engine voices, eh? EH? Because they just didn't \m/ enough, that's why. Only the Ringomeister was hip to that groove, my lad. Sympathy for the Devil? 'Meh' for the Devil, more like. Gimme Shelter? Pah. Gimme Octopus's Garden, any day. Raawwkk.

Cosina: only Flint Paper has so far expressed an interest in forming a new c-mode team, so it looks like it could be coitans for the endeavour. Still, in exciting offline developments, I found a Storm Gladius just now that tekked to 35/0/0/40/40, which by my rudimentary maths comes to a photontastic 115%. Coo, eh; wonder if it's a record?*

*OK, so it's a tiny and rather desperate attempt to get all excited, but in the absence of the prospect of S-Rank glory, one is allowed to let one's standards slip a little.

EDIT: Odd run through Ruins that: I also found a 35/35/35/0/0 Thunder Ripper which I didn't even bother to tekk. I may be so long out of playing 'proper' that I've got this mixed up, but isn't it supposed to be impossible to find weps with a total photon efficiency of over 100%? Obviously I'm mistaken, but I could have sworn... still, it was the oddest map ever, and a kindly horsey dropped a pair of Rico's Earrings for me, too, as a parting gift after trying to decapitate me with a large gun/sword combo. Aww, the sweetie. Unfortunately, they'd clash with my frock, so I think I may have to organise a bring and buy sale.

Anyone want to swap a Guld for them, or a 1973 Blue Peter annual? Preferably a Guld.

This is Red, survivor of Pioneer2, signing off.

Does this mean we can come find you in deep space, rescue you, then convince you to go back to Ragol to face your fears i.e. challenge mode 2?

Remember, you have my word....we're going there to end it, not to study or bring back....

I plead guilty to rarely being on PSO these days; but I'm afraid Sunday nights and, perhaps, a weekday night are my limit for c-mode - I do have other commitments. Having said that, it should prove sufficient to (God willing) carry us through. I'm simply waiting for a fourth team member to volunteer themselves, and we're on.

In anticipation of which, I still rather fancy the 2 HUcast, RAcast, FOmarl mix - I have an intuition from c1 and c2 that this might be a winning combo, and the c3 experiences of Monty's Mercs seem to confirm it. So it's up to you, but I reckon making a separate c-mode char in the form of a HUcast, RAcast or FOmarl might not be a bad idea (obviously, one's level is of no importance). After all, it's what I did with this here HUcast (I prefer to play the main game as an XX.mar for some obscure genetic reason). Still, a HUcaseal might be good in lieu of one of the HUcasts; it's just that I think we need as much power as possible, with a bit of ranging and some support techs - hence the suggestion.

Tip hasn't absolutely, officially quit c-mode yet (or at least I haven't heard if he has), and Loop and some others are still knocking about, so hopefully the fourth man will make himself known soon. And, yes, I'd say we very definitely need the fourth team member. Truth be told, from my own experience, we could do with at least six...

Guest Lord Monty

Are you fellows talking about doing episode 1 or 2 c mode? If its number 1 I dont mind joining you. I'm already doing number 2, but we are on the seabed now which may prove to be harder than my iron balls, so I may be willing to make up your numbers if one of your members goes awol...

seabed tonight? woohoo! squids, robots, evil biscuits, floating bastards and olga

It's ep2 I'm signed up for (I'm assuming chris and Flint are similarly oriented).

I don't think I have the hours to run ep1 and ep2 c-modes together - and I doubt I'd be beating that ep1 c1 time of 11'27" anytime soon, even were I to try...

...plus, I have a sneaking suspicion that, along with glory, S-Rank in ep2 might actually give up some covetable weps to the victors. God knows, you'd deserve it just for trying.

Guest Lord Monty

if the rumours are true, you can expect your very own s rank needle amongst other things, which could possibly be the greatest weapon in the universe.

It's alright. I've been tooling around with a hacked one, darkly named HIV NEEDLE. It grinds to +70, and it's fairly nifty with a King's special. There's no EVP loss either. Same poor range of the regular Spread Needle though. I reckon Androids will be loving it though - there's no division of EXP stolen, so that's 80 EXP per bullet, leading to 400 EXP stolen per shot.

Since I couldn't figure anywhere else to put this... ^^;

Fuck. How many of you still play this online frequently, I played it loads on the DC but have only recently got the GC version and am awaiting a BBA from a friend ( <3 Sammy keyboard).

Also, what exactly is your Hunters License bound to, both me and a friend have PSO saves on different memory cards, but using the same copy of the game, as we always play together on the same GC, is their anyway for us both to get online without needing to buy a second copy of PSO?

Guest Lord Monty
Since I couldn't figure anywhere else to put this... ^^;

Fuck. How many of you still play this online frequently, I played it loads on the DC but have only recently got the GC version and am awaiting a BBA from a friend ( <3 Sammy keyboard).

Also, what exactly is your Hunters License bound to, both me and a friend have PSO saves on different memory cards, but using the same copy of the game, as we always play together on the same GC, is their anyway for us both to get online without needing to buy a second copy of PSO?

The licence goes by the game/machine so you can have multiple cards all on the same licence. you wont both be able to play at the same time though unless you have access to the same machine in an alternative dimension.

There are still a small bunch of regulars on arcturus 9 and the more the merrier. We are mostly on ultimate but it doesnt take long to catch up with a bit of help. And theres always c-mode if you can get a team together.

let me know if you want to meet to swap cards

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lord Monty

Well now, how is everybody getting on with their challenge mode adventures? Still having trouble getting your teams together?

One of our members - undine aka big swifty - is off on holiday for a couple of weeks so Montys guns are for hire if you need them.

We are currently on ep2 c4 and its tough as old boots.

Thanks for the gracious offer, Monty; but unless we can get four long-term team members together, I think I'll have to decline. I can't imagine anything more frustrating than stalling half way (bit of optimism there) through the challenges when you return to Team Monty and we're looking to start all over again at c1 with a new fourth member.

I have to admit the fourth man is increasingly looking like a figment of our collective imagination here, so I think I may hang my PSO spurs up for now, or maybe for good. Perhaps there'll be a 'proper' ep4 after all, in which case I'll see you all there - if not, thanks to everyone for the experience. They were the best of times, etc.

Oh, and if anyone finds a Guld on their travels...I hate you, you undeserving swine.

Perhaps there'll be a 'proper' ep4 after all, in which case I'll see you all there - if not, thanks to everyone for the experience. They were the best of times, etc.

Aw Gorfy, it's sad to hear you're giving up. Although I gave up myself a month ago....

It was always a delight to play with you. Are you not even a teensy bit tempted by episode III?

Ep III appeals to me not at all, I'm afraid. It's just not cricket, and all that.

It was always good to play with you, too, tip (fnarrs frowned upon for you mockers out there). I must admit - if it weren't already obvious - to being ridiculously sentimental about this game, and the partnerships that were made therein. It was never meant to be played casually (except within the context of being played seriously, iykwim), and I leave the fold with a heavy heart - which is odd for an aged cove with more real world mileage than the QE2; but your confirming your departure, along with Loop's not signing on for c-mode, has sealed it for me, I think. Fin.

Funny thing is that it was PSO that made me post semi-regularly (on whatever subject) on the old Edge forum, and now it's gone I can't really see any reason to post here. So at least there's a positive forum benefit from the mofos' collapse.

Anyhoo, to all the chaps who made the game what it was, but especially yon mofos (and Red, I never did properly thank you for proposing virtual marriage to me; maybe it was just the trauma of imagining life with a one-eyed ginger mutant that put a dent in the graciousness of my declining: so, thanks, pet) and Monty, the Boye, Jimmy Saville, Dev (aye, I accept you might just have been a tad the more dedicated player :D ), and all the others (you know who you are) who've made PSO such a pleasure to be part of:

Thanks for your indulgence. Good hunting. Stay clean. Get lucky. Goodbye.

manga_coverpage2.jpg

and all that...

Guest Lord Monty

I'm not crying, there's something in my eye. (boohoo)

Well chris on the moon, you and anyone else fancy doing the old episode 1 challenge mode? I reckon I'm ready to give it another go, and we could probably rustle up a team of 4 between us.

Guest Lord Monty

Oh hello, I'm back from my easter hols now, so anyway - we have the following challenge team:

chris

me

mr reverse

possibly mathilda

so all we need is a time that will suit everyone. Any time should be ok with me.

Gather unto me you hardcore robot hunters I'm back to Ragol and ready to support you!

Can we make a 9pm seabed romp tonight?

I'll be on from about 7:30 with Cosina for some normal mode xp accumulation, but don't mind starting cmode early if we can all make it.

Guest Lord Monty

Welcome back old bean. I will get olga in a headlock while you whack him up the bum with a frying pan

Guest Lord Monty

well, still not even got to olga, and undine said tonight he is unavailable, and i'm not sure when is is next in town, so we are left dangling over the edge of our pso seats for the next bash at olga the badass. hopefully he will see this and we can all live happily ever after.

oh by the way cottem and mr reverse, we never did organise another c mode get together, you guys still interested?