Football Thread 2011/2012

How many league titles has Harry won then? Like it or not, Mclaren is one of the two or three most successful English managers out there.

Again. Academic. Redknapp has a better than average chance of getting the job. McClaren has none. He had a go and managed to fuck up royally. And winning the Eredivisie is like wining the Championship. And there's plenty of English managers that have done that.

Again. Academic. Redknapp has a better than average chance of getting the job. McClaren has none. He had a go and managed to fuck up royally. And winning the Eredivisie is like wining the Championship. And there's plenty of English managers that have done that.

That's exactly the kind of attitude that'll see England fuck it up in the summer once more.

How is it academic to you calling him a shocking manager? He's won a title, he's reached a European final, he's won a domestic cup. He's probably the most successful English manager active at the moment, along with Hodgson.

What an arrogant post - winning the Championship isn't a doddle. Winning any league isn't easy.

Obviously, when the FA get down to it, they'll be consulting the masterminds of rllmuk to appoint the very best person for the job. This thread is really shite at the moment with the Terry/Redknapp/Suarez/Capello subjects doing endless circles.

Have some long range soccer goals thread

I remember reading an article about that one Carlos scored for Barca stating that it was nearly impossible due to the speed the ball was travelling down the line before he struck it and the angle he hit it from, an astonishing goal.

I'm pretty amazed at the continuing idiocy of the public - "Yea get Arry in, Geezar!"

Many now seems to be calling for an English manager because "The foreign guy didn't get it" - which is harsh because he did indeed fail pathetically at a major tournament.

More than this it's another stupid knee jerk attitude shift that happened after Sven. "It has to be an Englishman in!" came the cry. That worked out well.

What we can't forget about this is who is at the centre of it - the FA. What a great bunch. They can't do anything right, utterly incompetent. The Terry incident had been handled ridiculously. Why take his captaincy away now? Nothing had change except a court date. Why not do this months ago? Pathetic.

For the first time in my life I don't care about the England team. This might change when the Euro's come around yet it's unlikely.

The players and core of the team is still based around a bunch of aging international failures, rotten to the core to boot. Led, until lately, by a despicable man who believes he's a proper role model.

I don't think Redknapp should get the role, and there's no way he deserves it. McClaren is still more qualified for the job.

However it would be funny to see Spurs fans crow about how he left them, and if he failed spectacularly with the Englad team his vilification would be well overdue.

My head tells me the FA wouldn't appoint him as he's horribly under qualified, and has admitted he can't read, write, and is an idiot.

Yet my head tells me that the FA are a bunch of twunts who'll go with the flavour of the month.

What an utter mess all round.

Didn't really want my first post in this topic to be about the England job but i'll throw my opinion into the topic.

Personally i would give Pearce the job until after the Euro's and give somebody the job after the summer. We have one friendly (i think) before the tornament and i just don't think it would be a good idea to appoint a brand new manager now, every England manager deserves a fresh start, what happens if Harry is appointed now and we do awful in the Euros'... do the media and fans jump on his back? Well the media probably won't as he is from London.

I don't think it matters who will get the job on a results basis, we don't have a good enough team to win a major tornament. I would rather see a manager come in and give youngsters a chance, even if it means we don't win as many games.

Oh and Capello was never the right man for the job but that's the FA's fault.

Surely Pearce is a racist. No different from Suarez.

He was involved with the National Front once.... although Stuart Pearce is the English version of Chuck Norris. I wouldn't fuck with him Dinobot. He's probably hiding in your wheelie bin right now armed with a machete. Leave it.

He was involved with the National Front once.... although Stuart Pearce is the English version of Chuck Norris. I wouldn't fuck with him Dinobot. He's probably hiding in your wheelie bin right now armed with a machete. Leave it.

I'm sure his brother is still involved with that stuff isn't he? Either way, Psycho is a legend.