rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
SMD

Football Thread 2011/2012

Incredibly harsh on Wigan, just had a legit corner goal chalked off for having one their men standing too close to De Gea. It's getting beyond a joke now.

I suppose being a Wolves supporter doesn't help either.

Sorry. :(

Nah it's fine, I'm quite removed from it to be honest. I'm made a conscience decision to distance myself from it all. The ineptitude of our upper management plus the bias of the FA has really killed football for me now.

It's just not fun any more.

And this is not just Wolves bias, I was outraged about the up holding of that QPR red card this week, plus all the decisions going against Wigan at the moment. Just doesn't feel like a fair sport to me anymore.

• Upvote 2

There was a good point made on the Graun this week - Martinez for all his faults isn't a serial moaner about the officiating and is always well spoken and polite. So for him to come out with the comments he did about the officiating shows how deeply he feels about it.

This from the Guardian feed sums it up for me -

....you've called Wigan's disallowed goal poorly I feel. No conspiracy here - De Gea is physically stopped from doing his job. You can see he's trying to get past Caldwell, with nothing doing. The biggest giveaway however? Caldwell with big arms up giving it the classic "I'm innocent, guv" pose before as the ball flies off Moses's head.

Nah it's fine, I'm quite removed from it to be honest. I'm made a conscience decision to distance myself from it all. The ineptitude of our upper management plus the bias of the FA has really killed football for me now.

It's just not fun any more.

And this is not just Wolves bias, I was outraged about the up holding of that QPR red card this week, plus all the decisions going against Wigan at the moment. Just doesn't feel like a fair sport to me anymore.

On the one hand, I'm tempted to agree with you. On the other, Karl Henry.

• Upvote 1

Scabby goal for Dortmund, but glad to see Bayern getting what they deserve for passing to Ribery.

@ xyz

It is a tactic a lot of teams use, get a player in close to the keeper to put them off, make it harder for them to come for the ball. In fact, you'll probably see Hernandez doing it at some point this game. Set pieces are a bit funny- for example defenders usually try to block off the runs of attackers at corners. If they didn't, they'd probably get slaughtered every time. Is this technically obstruction though? There's a very fine line it seems.

Bitters in here, probably not even watching just seen a disallowed Wigan goal and going off on one.

They deserve to be ahead. United have been woeful.

On the one hand, I'm tempted to agree with you. On the other, Karl Henry.

He's not as bad as he's painted, but I really can't be arsed getting into it. It's not worth the time and energy defending someone who get's paid thousands of pounds a week for doing fuck all.

I've been watching the Bayern vs Dortmund, which is a barnstorming affair. 1-0 to Dortmund. Robben just dived for a penalty, missed it, got mercifully mocked by a Dortmund defender and then followed that by missing an open goal. Exciting business.

I would find it amusing that Dortmund were closer to scoring in their own goal than Bayern if I hadn't had over 1.5 goals in an acumulator and that was the only one not to come in.

Utd are the only team messing up my accumulator :doh: Typical.

Still time. Never rule them out. Even though they have been awful so far.

Wigan scored from a corner which looked like it should've been a goal-kick. Justice done from earlier perhaps.

Huh?

Mainly being not all that good a manager. I dearly hope they stay up though, because that means that one of Blackburn or Bolton have dropped.

You'll be fine. I can't see see enough teams catching you to send you down. It's going to be very tight - QPR have done so much better than pundits predicted and Wigan are fighting for their lives.

In other amusing football news, Rennes lost in the cup to Quevilly meaning it's a Lyon vs Quevilly final.