IGNORED

Trials Evolution

The Sarge

I don't think I've wanted to buy a game on impulse so badly until I tried the demo. It's like the best version of excitebike ever :wub: - will deffo be making sure to save up my ingame cash to dress my biker as a pretty little pink hell's angel <3

Also, seeing you mukkers and your best times is making single-player so much fun. So much I had to use the game's 'gloat' function to message joffo that I've beaten two of his best times - should be a nice surprise for him next time he signs in :eyebrows: More games should have this as standard, seriously.

GT is ohnoitsbedwin if you like adding strangers off the internet :)

Also, seeing you mukkers and your best times is making single-player so much fun. So much I had to use the game's 'gloat' function to message joffo that I've beaten two of his best times - should be a nice surprise for him next time he signs in eyebrows.gif More games should have this as standard, seriously.

It has that? That's excellent! I do love a bit of Time Trials rivalry. I was really wishing for a feature like that in Mario Kart 3DS so I could let Lyrical Donut know in explicit detail just how beaten his time was. I ended up just sending him a drawing of me driving off into the distance on Letterbox instead. To be fair, I'd have received more gloat messages from him than the other way around anyway.

What a spectacular and marvellous and excellent and ace game Trials Evolution is. It really does improve on Trials HD in pretty much every single way (other than the very minor issue of mild texture pop-in during re-starts/occasional tearing). So, so beautiful too. I really enjoy all the loving nods to other games, even games in competely different genre. And the excitebike inspired level made me giddy with joy.

The fuel-conserving skill game is brilliant fun as well, though the button mashy icarus one less so. I've not had much time with the Skill Games, but Skiing looks pretty entertaining as well. Trickier to land than I expected though.

I need this game on a handheld please thanks.

I got way too little sleep because of this game last night and I hate the fact I'm at work right now coz i'm gagging to play it.

Has anyone found any squirrels yet? Not sure how many there are, but I managed two yesterday:

The first I found just coz I watched the amusing death sequence at the end of a license test, and the second was a complete fluke on Archipeligo - right after the rock hand closes there's a bit where you have to make a jump. I landed short and ended up falling to a hidden section below where I found a squirrel hiding :D

This game is the nuts (if you don't mind the pun).

first game in ages to make me feel like a child looking at the console as I leave home for work/school !

online is great, had a couple of go's with Meerman & Boozy last night (sorry no mic chaps, was charging) - anybody else find the MX tracks a little confusing ? I assumed they'd give each rider a view with yourself at the front but they don't - couple of times I crashed as was looking at the wrong rider.

simply an awesome game - I've banged out a few friend requests from the online thread.

The servers seem to be fixed now. Considering its only been out a day there's already some decent-ish tracks up to download, though my favourite downloadable track so far is the Redlynx developed Angry Bikers. The FPS, table football and 2-D shooter games you can download all control like crap but it'll be interesting to see what people come up with with such a flexible editor.

Incredible game. The way you see the friend list "dots" on screen as you race is inspired. Bought the game yesterday, and rather than progressing in any substantial way, I ended up replaying level one 74 times to beat a friends time ^_^

question about the dots tho; will the game only show me dots from people using the same bike as me? Some of them just hare off into the distance the moment the track begins, and i'd like to think this is because they're on a better bike than mine (cheats :hmm: )

Brilliant stuff, as peeps have already stated it shames many £40 games.

I love getting a new bike too - not only does it give you access to faster times (of course) but often forces you to re-think tracks you thought you knew so well.

Suddenly its possible, for example, to make a longer jump completely avoiding a slower section- if you use the full length of the run up to get the required speed.. which forces you to actually slow on the previous jump.. and so on.

So to go faster not only do you need to minimise air, maximise rear tyre contact and still make the course.. you now are forced to strategically slow in certain sections to go faster overall. Its an amazing feeling to watch the rival dots leap ahead while you lay off the throttle only for you to zoom past 30 feet further along and leave them for dust.

Add me if you want!

They are, Blip. But having a faster or more powerful bike doesn't mean it's also the quickest at the finish line though.

It pretty much does, when I started it was easy to tell that Meatball had already come back with a better bike making trying to keep up impossible. Certainly the top two bikes in this one will be setting all the best times and if it's anything like the last game then the final unlock will be the best choice for 99% of courses. Although saying that there does seem to be a lot you can bulldoze through in this one which the first game lacked a bit, so maybe the top speed bike might get a bit more use this time round. Worst thing is that it doesn't seem to record which bike you were on in the leaderboards :(

They are, Blip. But having a faster or more powerful bike doesn't mean it's also the quickest at the finish line though.

Ah, right. I initially thought they were using good timing at the start to get some kind of mario kart style "boost". Wasted quite a few tries attempting it :facepalm:

It pretty much does, when I started it was easy to tell that Meatball had already come back with a better bike making trying to keep up impossible. Certainly the top two bikes in this one will be setting all the best times and if it's anything like the last game then the final unlock will be the best choice for 99% of courses.

Well I haven't played Evo that much yet so my observation was based on HD. In there you had certain tracks where the fastest, most powerful bikes weren't necessarily a guarantee for the fastest time. I assume that's the case in Evo as well.

I wasn't really feeling it all that much last night when playing the beginner and easy tracks as I've never particularly enjoyed the faster pieces. But played through both sets of medium tracks this morning and oh my I'm hooked! So darn addictive.

Well I haven't played Evo that much yet so my observation was based on HD. In there you had certain tracks where the fastest, most powerful bikes weren't necessarily a guarantee for the fastest time. I assume that's the case in Evo as well.

Are you sure, I thought virtually all the best times were set with the Phoenix weren't they (the top acceleration/control one, equivalent of the A class unlock in Evo)? And any that weren't were done with the Scorpion (the top speed one), so that's the two best bikes in either game.

Is the Donkey not as fast as either as those? It just has ninja handling.

So far, enjoying the game very much. Not sure where there is a rank/progression online and the hard tracks seem alot easier than on Trials HD but otherwise, immense experience.

Are you sure, I thought virtually all the best times were set with the Phoenix weren't they (the top acceleration/control one, equivalent of the A class unlock in Evo)? And any that weren't were done with the Scorpion (the top speed one), so that's the two best bikes in either game.

I'm pretty sure, aye. Smith played HD to death, has a high leaderboard ranking and he once told me that the fastest bike isn't always a guarantee for the fastest time on certain tracks. I don't know on how many tracks though.

Played this for a few hours last night, superb!

Leaderboards we shagged for me last night, but they're fine again this morning (yes, I was late for work!). Many of my times I recorded last night are missing from the online tables today... probably for the best, I'm generally not that quick :) But my progress, just unlocked Extreme, has recorded OK.

My fave tracks so far have been Gigatrack (where I kept thinking of Bruce and going "toot toot") and Mindbender.

Wanting a few more players in my leaderboards, so feel free to send me invites. Gamertag: 'MIRV Valver'

Many of my times I recorded last night are missing from the online tables today...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!

I managed to best meatball on that rosey red sky medium level (still second to dark junglist tho) after about 30 tries. I hope it registers it when i log on later :(

I've been trying this out for the past few hours. I've seen your best times, Meerman, and to paraphrase Chief Brody, "You're gonna need a bigger bike". :P

I'm pretty sure, aye. Smith played HD to death, has a high leaderboard ranking and he once told me that the fastest bike isn't always a guarantee for the fastest time on certain tracks. I don't know on how many tracks though.

As I said up thread. The high top speed scorpion is fastest on tracks needing sustained high top speed, which tend to be the earlier ones. Hard, expert and a lot of mediums will see the Phoenix perform better.

I've been trying this out for the past few hours. I've seen your best times, Meerman, and to paraphrase Chief Brody, "You're gonna need a bigger bike". tongue.png

My times on HD or Evo? I've played Evo for 1 hour yesterday, how do you expect me to have any decent times, you prrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick? :P;)

As I said up thread. The high top speed scorpion is fastest on tracks needing sustained high top speed, which tend to be the earlier ones. Hard, expert and a lot of mediums will see the Phoenix perform better.

Indeed. Sorry, didn't read your post properly.

This is amazing, I've only unlocked up to the A licence test at the moment as I was messing around with the mini games and downloading tracks, I'm nowhere near some of the times on my friend list so if you do need someone to make you feel better about yourself add me. GT is FavouriteFletch