IGNORED

Trials Evolution

The Sarge

In The Wreck, I've FINALLY worked out how to get past that steep hill with the barrel on it, which you have to then jump from over a big gap onto a ramp. It's been taking me upwards of 100 faults just on that bit alone, and as a result of working it out I've cut my record from 120 faults to 19. Happy with that, but I can go lower!

Ugh, physics factory. Just ugh. So many random things to try to control. Not playing that again any time soon.

Ha! I unlocked Hard last night and got to the Physics Factory at about 11.45 - just clear this before bed, I thought. First 20 mins was a horror tale of a new death every 5 yards but cracked it at about twenty past midnight.

Dreading what lies in wait next. Loving it!

I'm MetalSlug SV001 if anyone wants more scores on their list.

Confident after clocking the full throttle achievement the other day, thought I'd nip back to HD and try and see if I could get the equivalent and went and did it on my second go. Was a little disappointed if I'm honest. Pretty sure that most of my enjoyment in the this game comes from overcoming something that I have previously considered impossible.

Loving this. Have done a few of the tournaments but going back to early tracks to get quickest times. I think i got top of the tables out of most of my friends (and a few rllmukers).

Sometimes its so annoying though as i try get golds on all tracks, and when you keep replaying and dieing the rage starts to come in.

Rage hasnt kicked in for me yet - except on Sewage Plant.

It's just random. I hate it.

Completely agree, unless I'm missing a trick it's just as frustrating as Launchers was in SMB2 especially when the vents flip the bike near the end

Sewer Plant is not bad! Actually I like it a lot.

I kinda wish xbox live had community groups like in Mario Kart 7. Would make things much easier if there was a RLLMUK community group we could just add instead of everyones gamertags etc

à la Forza 4's club?

I dunno; in Sewer Plant you'll consistently get the same results if you approach the jets in the same way every time. I guess the trick is getting a feel for exactly how the timing, speed and angle you hit the jets with will impact your trajectory, but it never feels completely 'random'.

Lads, though, lads; I love this game.

If you guys happen to receive friend requests by Meermanski79 and APKing67, then that would be my brother and uncle, thrawling through my friends list looking for new people to add and measure themselves against. Please accept their friendship. :D

Perplexed? In what way? It's no different than downloading a game on an iPad or something.

Also, someone at work here is 'not sure' about TE, even though I told him that 80/100 people on my friends list have bought it and it's getting raving reviews everywhere. Probably because it isn't Call of Duty (the only game franchise he seems to be playing).

Ha! I unlocked Hard last night and got to the Physics Factory at about 11.45 - just clear this before bed, I thought. First 20 mins was a horror tale of a new death every 5 yards but cracked it at about twenty past midnight.

Yeah, I have this awful OCD thing of not doing a new track until I've 0-faulted the one I'm currently on, though I usually relax that once I get onto harder tracks. I done it, but not after an hour of outraged bellowing every time that pinball flipper sent me headfirst into the pole.

As great and awesome as the game is, I'm kinda done with it already. Will pick it up for 5 mins here and there over the next cupola years like I did HD, but the time trialling is so repetitive I can't really be bothered. An hours frustrating graft to rise 3 places on my friends list on one track... I just don't have it in me anymore

I always feel a bit filthy playing this series. I'll gold all the first few sets of levels, arrogantly revving my engine at the traffic lights of trials bike accomplishment, but then I'll end up giving up on a track and leaving it silver, the first scuff on my before-perfect leathers, then smatterings of bronze, silver, gold everywhere else, then I'll spend an hour on that first silver track to try and regain my dignity but not only will I not get gold, my times will actually get worse as time goes on and then I realise I'm overthinking it, like that world-conquering baseball pitcher that was at the top of his game but suddenly lost his mojo and never got it back, and I'll feel inferior and I won't be able to play anymore and I'll know deep in my heart that I'll never be an extreme trials biker in real life and no matter how much he tries to hide it I'll always detect that hint of disappointment in my father's eyes, destined to remain.

As great and awesome as the game is, I'm kinda done with it already. Will pick it up for 5 mins here and there over the next cupola years like I did HD, but the time trialling is so repetitive I can't really be bothered. An hours frustrating graft to rise 3 places on my friends list on one track... I just don't have it in me anymore

And the backlash begins, I can relate to both these posts but I'll still be playing and cricking my neck from getting too tense and failing over and over and over and.....

I'll never be on Kickstart :(

It's important to remember that joffo lives in some kind of run-down glaswegian tenement populated by folk who are, functionally, no more advanced than people from the 1930s.

Ah, now I see.

I'll know deep in my heart that I'll never be an extreme trials biker in real life

To be fair, Trials Evolution is about as close to real trials as I am to multiple world champion Dougie Lampkin. Particularly the speed.