Android Games

Cyhwuhx

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've seen recommendations for a few games which I've stuck on my wishlist but I'd rather see if you can help me with the final decision. The games are Detective Grimoire, Bard's Tale, Archangel, Five Nights At Freddies, Broken Sword, Machinarium, and Gemini Rue. Recommend me do.

Machinarium and Broken Sword (assuming it's the first one) are both excellent. Gemini Rue is nice but I find the pacing slow and the puzzles non-obvious. Bard's Tale looks and plays like an Xbox hack and slash game from ten years ago, which is you enjoy hack and slash RPGs is probably fine but it bored me to tears. 5 Nights at Freddies is entertaining for about five minutes if you aren't 14.

Guys what is the cheapest controller to play emulators on?

Cheaper the better please.

Although a PS3 pad may work out better for you, I am giving the one below a spin as it enables you to attach it to your phone to create something more akin to a portable. It's got some good feedback on a few review sites, it is rechargeable, and it's only £15.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JB52P3U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

51410qb4-LL._SX425_.jpg

When it gets delivered I'll report back.

Machinarium and Broken Sword (assuming it's the first one) are both excellent. Gemini Rue is nice but I find the pacing slow and the puzzles non-obvious. Bard's Tale looks and plays like an Xbox hack and slash game from ten years ago, which is you enjoy hack and slash RPGs is probably fine but it bored me to tears. 5 Nights at Freddies is entertaining for about five minutes if you aren't 14.

Yeah, A Bard's Tale was only 'okay' even at original Xbox release, before smartphone controls were bolted on. I'd personally rate Gemini Rue up with the original Broken Sword - it's Machinarium I find to be too slow and obtuse in its puzzles! But yeah, one of those three first, for sure.

But you should buy 80 Days first, obviously.

If any Android users would like to beta-test my football game please let me know. Even if you have no interest in football just to make sure it doesn't crash or destroy your device in someway.

Currently I have only tested on Google Nexus 6, 7 and 9 and the massive range of other Android devices scares me slightly.

If interested just PM me with your device and I will get things in motion. Appreciated.

Cheers! What about Galaxy of Fire 2, that any good?

One of those games that is much too indepth to be a mobile game, much too lightweight to be a console/PC game. I think this is a polite way of saying shit, mind.

Although a PS3 pad may work out better for you, I am giving the one below a spin as it enables you to attach it to your phone to create something more akin to a portable. It's got some good feedback on a few review sites, it is rechargeable, and it's only £15.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JB52P3U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

51410qb4-LL._SX425_.jpg

When it gets delivered I'll report back.

Keen to find out how you get on with this. I feel like I'd order one now if it had the full complement of shoulder buttons for PS1 emulation.

• 3 weeks later...

Keen to find out how you get on with this. I feel like I'd order one now if it had the full complement of shoulder buttons for PS1 emulation.

Yeah, sorry for the delay, took a while to arrive and then I didn't get on it as I was playing something else.

It's a mixed bag really. It definitely works and is pretty easy to set up - you need to configure on each emulator once. I've tried it on the major GBA, SNES and MD ones so far with no big problems. The phone holder works well. The buttons and shoulder pads are good. It charges easily and lasts a long time.

The main issue is the D Pad. It works but it's not super responsive. For example, I tried Metroid using it and the D Pad was a bit sticky - it didn't immediately register left or up for example - well most of the time it did but not all of time. Maybe it's a bluetooth thing, but I don't think so because the buttons seem to work well enough. For a game like Metroid it's annoying because you need to react quickly. For a RPG or strategy game it would be fine, but so far, it's just not as good as I hoped.

EDIT: I've adjusted to it now. I just needed to press harder. It's fine, and for the money (£15) I spent it's a pretty good pad. I'm now working my way through Metroid without any real control problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the look of the Ipega ones, but I'd definitely be using it for PS1, and the lack of 4 shoulder buttons might be a deal-breaker. I have no idea why they don't seem to provide any models like this.

Anyone know of any similar designs to the Ipega on the last page that have L2 and R2 equivalents?

Can anyone recommend me some games for a 3 year old? I don't mind paying for something decent, all the free stuff seems to be utter garbage.

Anything by Toca Boca or Dr Panda at that age tends to be good. Amazon market occasionally has them for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Hearthstone is out for Android Phones. Works surprisingly well on my Nexus 5. So well it might be a problem. Haven't really played games on my phone in a long time, this changes things big time for me as the games are the perfect length for a quick blast at lunch or a bus trip or whatever.

It actually does have a single player bit but you have to "pay to unlock" - either with real life money or in-game gold earned from doing quests in multiplayer. Don't be put off playing against people - there's 25 ranks, you can't lose rank until 19, only go up. It's as much fun losing as it is winning, and you obviously learn as you go. I still demolish most people with my control/agro warrior deck and rarely venture outside of playing Warrior.