rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cyhwuhx

Android Games

Meganoid - is b&%$ard hard, and may cause me to launch my phone one day. More skilled gamers may enjoy it though :)

This is amazing with a hardware keyboard, even so the Oreah levels are just plain sadistic. Great stuff, reminds me of Super Meat Boy a fair bit. Now that I'd like to see them have a go at...

Some new ones I've picked up.

Reckless Getaway

From the makers of Reckless Racing (one of my fave time killing games on my phone) I just had to buy this one. Simple enough premise, avoid collisions, escape the police, perform stunts. Very similar to Racing Moto - 3 lanes, avoid traffic, but considerably more polished and easily worth the £1.89.

Saving Private Sheep

Puzzle game where you have to blow stuff up and take physics into consideration in an attempt to get the sheep safely onto land. One thing to consider though, it does require perfect timing later on, and I've found the touch response to be less than brilliant. It's a minor niggle.

Alabama Smith

Hidden object puzzle game. You either love these or you hate them. Me, I hate them. Should keep the Mrs quiet though :).

Y5 battery saver

Manages wifi by remembering locations of known network and turning it off when out of range. It's free, it works, and it's a lot easier to config than Juice Defender.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere, but Kairosoft have released Pocket League Story recently; there's some news on IndieGames.com here.

e1b8f__PLS-550x330.jpg

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere, but Kairosoft have released Pocket League Story recently; there's some news on IndieGames.com here.

e1b8f__PLS-550x330.jpg

Oh.

God.

I had plans for this afternoon! Good plans! Things I was going to do! And now....

... already at 56% downloaded :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Flick Golf, Fruit Ninja and Reckless Racing 10p each on the Android Store. First things I've ever bought on there

Got my girlfriend a Asus Transformer for christmas, can anyone suggest some games that would be new to her as an iphone owner? Her favourite iphone games are Angry Birds, Diner Dash clones, Plants Vs Zombies, Zookeeper, Robot Unicorn Attack, World of Goo etc

Got my girlfriend a Asus Transformer for christmas, can anyone suggest some games that would be new to her as an iphone owner? Her favourite iphone games are Angry Birds, Diner Dash clones, Plants Vs Zombies, Zookeeper, Robot Unicorn Attack, World of Goo etc

I like the Airport Mania games, Cut The Rope, Where's My Water, Slice It, Chu Chu Rocket, Walkabout, Toki Tori, nothing there that isn't on iOS already though (as with your list). You'll probably stuggle to find any exlusives that are any good, or aren't just complete ripoffs of popular iOS games.

• Upvote 1

Zookeeper! 69p! Oh, my! Works brilliantly as well. I know its just bejeweled with animals but there is something about the pace of zookeeper that I fucking love.

the onlive app has been updated to include xperia play hardware controls.

just tried batman arkham city and it is amazing. Such a shame the xperia doesnt have L2 and R2, or it would be perfect.

Impressive none the less, much better than using my pc with the same internet connection.

I've been playing a bit of kairo's pocket league story and although good, it's nowhere near as good as game dev or the racing one. After playing it round twice you're almost unbeatable as you can work out all the mechanics and unlock everything useful. It doesn't have anywhere near the progression of the racing one in regards to upgrades and what not. It also has some odd opinions on football itself. There's absolutely no penalties or fouls / cards of any kind, there is no ' ball in play' or extra time meaning that you can not get a goal if the ball is on it's way to an open goal when the whistle goes and you can seemingly tackle keepers.

It's entertaining but just a bit lacking, the football manager chaps should release a pared down version on android. I'm sure they could run one of the earlier versions I had on my 486 on an android phone no problem.

• Upvote 1

iPhone smash hit Hunters Episode One is soon on it's way to the Android platform, I can exclusively reveal.

Any chance you can "exclusively reveal" if they are actually going to add a multiplayer mode like they said they intended to at some point?

I can exclusively reveal that I don't know but I don't think so. We didn't talk about work much last time I saw my mate what helped make it. They're also busy with other wildly exciting stuff, so I'd guess not.

Latest Humble Bundle is a go, and features EDGE, Anomoly, World of Goo and Osmos. Each comes with an Android version as well as PC/Mac/Linux.

Have just got round to downloading mine. Galaxy Nexus owners - Osmos HD is playable on the device but all the text is really, really small. Might be worth trying the standard version despite having a high-res screen.

I have a Desire Z and Edge and World of Goo KILL my poor phone, lol.

Edge tends to kill my Desire S but World of Goo is fine.

Popular iPhone match puzzler RPG Dungeon Raid has been ported, I notice this morning.

I can confirm, this game is a horribly wonderful addiction of mine. Several minutes/hours/days plugged into this game already, I've lost count!

Also recommended is /ESCAPE\, which is a decent port of the game's Flash counterpart. Meaning it's a bit good.

I have a Desire Z and Edge and World of Goo KILL my poor phone, lol.

Must admit I've not played much Goo, but it seemed alright on mine. What's particularly noticeable?

I've been playing a bit of kairo's pocket league story and although good, it's nowhere near as good as game dev or the racing one. After playing it round twice you're almost unbeatable as you can work out all the mechanics and unlock everything useful. It doesn't have anywhere near the progression of the racing one in regards to upgrades and what not. It also has some odd opinions on football itself. There's absolutely no penalties or fouls / cards of any kind, there is no ' ball in play' or extra time meaning that you can not get a goal if the ball is on it's way to an open goal when the whistle goes and you can seemingly tackle keepers.

It's entertaining but just a bit lacking, the football manager chaps should release a pared down version on android. I'm sure they could run one of the earlier versions I had on my 486 on an android phone no problem.

This

I'd be happy to stump up 9.99 for a fast pared down port of FM2001 or similar. If that ran fine on my old Pentium then should be a piece of cake for a modern Droid phone. The other thing I'd love with those games would be a time machine mode, so you could start in 1995 say with the Kevin Keegan's classic free-wheeling Newcastle side of yore