IGNORED

Your Gameboy Advance Memories

toythatkills

What's different about it? Wasn't the first Mario Advance Super Mario Bros. 2, which was always rubbish anyway?

Giant vegetables, giant Shyguys, much more health power-ups, different level designs in places, quite a few things. Definitely isn't a straight conversion of the Super Mario All-Stars graphical update of SMB2. Reminds me bit of those bootleg 'rainbow edition' Street Fighter II arcade boards, but with Super Mario Bros 2.

Giant vegetables, giant Shyguys, much more health power-ups, different level designs in places, quite a few things. Definitely isn't a straight conversion of the Super Mario All-Stars graphical update of SMB2. Reminds me bit of those bootleg 'rainbow edition' Street Fighter II arcade boards, but with Super Mario Bros 2.

There's definitely no changes on that scale to mario world.

• 2 weeks later...

Having recently got back into the GBA hard thanks to this thread I find myself wanting to trade Pokemon between to copies of the game I own. Regrettably, I'm using a Micro and so don't even have one trade compatible GBA. I'd also really like to link a GBA to my Gamecube, something else the Micro doesn't support.

So I'm after two Gameboy Advances or SP's, as cheap as possible. Condition isn't a concern as long as they work and I've got an SP charger so the absence of one of those doesn't matter. Thanks.

I've got a white GBA I'm not using which is a bit battered (I have cleaned it up though) and has no battery case and of course the screen is hard to see (because it's a GBA). I bought it from chuchuchris here for £4 delivered - you're welcome to it for that same amount if you want it (I now have a GB micro for all my GBA needs), just drop me a PM. It might take me a couple of days to get to a post office but definitely sometime this week.

Having recently got back into the GBA hard thanks to this thread I find myself wanting to trade Pokemon between to copies of the game I own. Regrettably, I'm using a Micro and so don't even have one trade compatible GBA. I'd also really like to link a GBA to my Gamecube, something else the Micro doesn't support.

So I'm after two Gameboy Advances or SP's, as cheap as possible. Condition isn't a concern as long as they work and I've got an SP charger so the absence of one of those doesn't matter. Thanks.

You can link a micro to a gamecube, you just need a modded cable to do it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79849

• 2 weeks later...

I remember enjoying Metroid Fusion back in the day, i may replay it as I've just finished Zero Mission. What an amazing game (even though the bosses were a bit easy). So Damn classy and polished. The love that was poured into that game shines through.

I take it Zero Mission is much rarer, seeing as I had a look for it on eBay and could only find extortionate prices!

You can link a micro to a gamecube, you just need a modded cable to do it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79849

if anyone is in need of one of these, let me know. I managed to source enough of the official nintendo game boy micro link cables (and corresponding gba - gcn cables) to put together 8 game boy micro to gamecube cables.

subsequently, if you want to build the cables yourself, I can sell you the parts needed to do so.

After having my GBA love reawakened by this thread I decided to scour every game shop in town to find an SP and whatever games I could get my hands on.

After having no luck in Game, Gamestation, Cex, Grainger Games and 4 different Charity shops, I finally found a Cash Convertors that had a few loose GBA cartridges priced at 2 quid each, but some genius had put HUGE price stickers over the front of the cartridges, completely obscuring the title of the game and each sticker had no information besides "GBA Assorted £2". :facepalm:

I asked one of the assistants if they would take the stickers off so I could see what each game was, or whether they had a gameboy I could test them out on and was given a not too polite "NO" on both accounts.

Retro is dead. :(

After having my GBA love reawakened by this thread I decided to scour every game shop in town to find an SP and whatever games I could get my hands on.

After having no luck in Game, Gamestation, Cex, Grainger Games and 4 different Charity shops, I finally found a Cash Convertors that had a few loose GBA cartridges priced at 2 quid each, but some genius had put HUGE price stickers over the front of the cartridges, completely obscuring the title of the game and each sticker had no information besides "GBA Assorted £2". :facepalm:

I asked one of the assistants if they would take the stickers off so I could see what each game was, or whether they had a gameboy I could test them out on and was given a not too polite "NO" on both accounts.

Retro is dead. :(

You never know, one may be Ninja Cop.

Do the cartridges have serial numbers? A smartphone google search might be able to suss out what each one is.

You never know, one may be Ninja Cop.

Do the cartridges have serial numbers? A smartphone google search might be able to suss out what each one is.

I did have my Iphone with me but never thought of doing that, plus I was loaded down with bags and the shop was about 1000 degrees and smelt of dick so I wanted to get out of there asap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to make up a gamecube - gba/gb micro cable today using all official nintendo parts. I was able to keep everything intact (no need to stuff the tied in stuff into a project box and lose game boy advance to game cube functionality :) )

here are the results:

gc-gbmicro 001.jpg

gc-gbmicro 002.jpg

gc-gbmicro 003.jpg

Managed to grab a copy of Kuru Kuru Kururin today from the Indie. Absolutely immaculate, it looks like it's come out of a stockroom on launch day. The price? £3. :D He's got some more I'm eyeing up that I'll try and haggle over once I recoup some funds. I'm unlikely to get anything else that cheap* but he does have some good condition stuff.

Also grabbed a copy of Tennis for original gameboy for £3, stockroom condition again, even has most of the plastic wrap on it!

*apart from Spinter Cell for £2!

Harvest SunTits LOOOOL

LOOOOL

(Harvest Titz)

Every time I see this, EVERY time, I feel the need to take credit for it. And then I think; "why?"

So yeah, Gameboy Advance! The best game was Wario Ware, close the thread.