My mate at Pixar sent me a link to this:

Wonderful!

EDIT: Finally got to see the teaser for this tonight at my second viewing of Cars. The animation on the main characters hair is superb and the mood of the teaser suggested a darker tone then your usual Pixar fare. Quite a nice thing considering this is Pixar's first film with a female protaganist.

Anyway, the teaser opens with images of beautiful mountain areas, after which it shows our heroine riding on her horse through a forest. In the forest we see the blue spirits that we see in the poster float by. Finally a bear moves in and throws the girl from her horse, which causes her to grab her bow, aim at the screen and shoot. BOOM, we see the title BRAVE appearing in the screen.

And that's the teaser.

Wow. I am always impressed by Pixar stuff. A part of me (the part that enjoys French films, 1930s silent German films and art-house concept films) despises everything about Disney and how they simply make a film to shift a lot of stuff in their shop... but the child in me adores everything they do. Monsters Inc and Toy Story 3 are just charming films and I'd happily watch them on my own.

I watched Despicable Me and How To Train Your Dragon recently and they aren't anywhere near as good.

This is a definite family night out at the cinema pre-ordered :)

My mate at Pixar sent me a link to this:

stitch-kingdom-merida.jpg

It looks like the best fantasy RPG I've never played.

(that's not a criticism of it, by the way, I think it looks fantastic)

• 4 months later...

A day later than expected but here is the full trailer

Visit Apple for the HD version.

The animation looks stunning (Merida is so much better in motion than any of the still images Pixar have released) and whilst the tone is pretty inconsistent in the trailer I'm sure it will work much better in the finished film.

Couldn't wait to see this, just had it on the apple tv and have to say it left me pretty cold.

Run of the mill trailer stuff, Braveheart for kids... I will look forward to this but other than being lush it wouldn't have sold the story to me.

I gave up years ago thinking Pixar could deliver anything less than Incredible (although I've heard Cars 2 was a bit of a dud), but didn't anyone get a sort of... well, I'm just going to come right out and say it.... a Dreamworks feeling from that trailer?

I was just about to post the exact same thing. I had been psyched beyond belief about this project, but for now, consider me underwhelmed.

Yeh - it looks beautiful. Stunning even, aesthetically. But from a plot/atmospherics angle, feels very very familiar. The story and characters, based on that trailer, have nothing really odd or quirky about them. It reminded me of Tangled more than anything. With some Mulan and Braveheart thrown into the mix. None of the sheer weirdness of Up or Wall-E seems to have made it through the commitees. Which for Pixar is not very brave at all.

Yeh - it looks beautiful. Stunning even, aesthetically. But from a plot/atmospherics angle, feels very very familiar. The story and characters, based on that trailer, have nothing really odd or quirky about them. It reminded me of Tangled more than anything. With some Mulan and Braveheart thrown into the mix. None of the sheer weirdness of Up or Wall-E seems to have made it through the commitees. Which for Pixar is not very brave at all.

Not seen the trailer yet, but for some reason I'm getting "tangled" vibes from it. (Not that thats a bad thing, Tangled was decent enough)

A: you should see HTTYD it's extraordinarily good.

B: Pixar trailers themselves have occasionally been a little dodgy of late but the films turn out brilliantly (ts3 for example).

C: this'll be ace. No side smiling wise cracking animals in site so instantly better than 80% of anything DW have ever done.

Also D: nice to see the awesomeness of ginger haired protagonist correctly realised again.