IGNORED

Edge #230

Mr Do 71

I'm going to try an experiment this month. I'm not going to buy Edge. I've habitually bought it forever. This isn't an Edge is shit post - because it's been shit forever. I've just found myself barely flicking through it for months now. That tart up they did last month was shite too.

Let's see if I miss it.

I'm going to try an experiment this month. I'm not going to buy Edge. I've habitually bought it forever. This isn't an Edge is shit post - because it's been shit forever. I've just found myself barely flicking through it for months now. That tart up they did last month was shite too.

Don't worry, EDGE staff. You won't go hungry this month. I've just spent my GamesTM+Yorkie budget on the current issue - the first issue I've bought since 2007.

Let's see if I miss it.

I bet you dont. I gave it up a couple of years ago after reading religously for a decade. It really is a crap mag nowadays (IMHO Games TM is much better - and even that aint great) and a parody of its former self. I dont think the industry gives a flying fuck what scores it gives out either. Its an irrelavance nowadays.

I dont think the industry gives a flying fuck what scores it gives out either. Its an irrelavance nowadays.

I don't think that is particularly true, when ever I see a dev even bother to talk about the critical reception their game has gotten, the only source they seem to mention is Edge, the last 2 I can remember were the guy from Capy Games and Q Entertainment's James Mielke (who you might think would care more what EGM or 1UP had given his company's new product ;)).

It probably helps that both of their games scored positively in the magazine.

I really like the redesign, but what I like most is that it's giving greater emphasis to Edge's strong point - well-thought-out, intelligently-written features on games. Reviews are given disproportionate weight on here - it's the articles that remain the reason I buy Edge.