Dishonored - Definitive Edition - now 60fps on Xbox Series

The Sarge

Anyone on the fence: Buy. It. Now.

This.

Just got to work and can't stop thinking about it and what I want to do next and that hasn't happened in a very very long time for me.

@dood: Do you mean turn off the indicators and just use the

heart

so it reacts when near as it were?

Know what you mean about the end of level stats screen, after the intro/tutorial I was like...really?!?!?!

@Len:

Basically, if you turn the indicators off, when you're near to a heart, you can still see it through walls / etc as a red object. When it's really far away it will appear as just a red dot, when its closer you'll be able to make out the shape of it a bit more.

The way the heart works isn't explained properly either, I thought. It's not the traditional 'hot / cold' pulsing. It pulses more intensely when you actually point the crosshair at the item.

Try it and see what you think. Get fairly close to one then disable the hud indicator. It's a lot better with the them off I reckon.

And same here re: can't stop thinking about it!! I've been dying to see this thread bumped all day. I guess from tomorrow night onward is when we'll really get the impressions and stories coming in! :) I'm scared people are going to get way ahead of me though, so must be careful re spoilers!

And I've committed to play Planetside 2 tonight, and to try and finish Borderlands 2. BUT ALL I WANT TO DO IS GO BACK TO DUNWALL.

Oh and I thought, someone earlier mentioned that guy who finished the game in 5 hours or something. It took me that long to just do the tutorial and first level, ferchrissakes.

PS Did I mention that it's amazing? It's AMAZING.

PPS Oh and I also thought about that Eurogamer comment re: NG+, and someone (Marlowe?) posted about it breaking the balance etc. I really don't think it would, the game isn't like that. You can get pretty much any abilities you want in any order, so it's not like getting ability X on level 1 would break the game. It's a game of breaking the game!! :D

Wow, this really does feel like a proper modern Thief game. Really nice to see something like that these days.

The FOV stuff is proving a right pain for me sadly. I get headaches playing at the stock settings (even at max), but as mentioned modding it higher breaks the zoom function (which is really needed for a stealth play through). Weird that devs still aren't getting things like this right.

Yeah, anyone completing this in four hours has pretty much done as little as possible. I've spent a couple of hours in the first non-linear area just exploring, hopping and blinking about collecting coin, reading the bits of lore scattered about. Some of the stuff is pretty grim, the world they've created is really incredible, and that's just from the first couple of hours.

I've been playing this instead of sleeping, which is usually a pretty robust GOTY indicator for me.

And this is another xbox-pad job for me I'm afraid. The game at times requires instant, co-ordinated button presses and personally I just can't do that with a keyboard. Also it's a game where you'll probably want to have vsync on and the associated mouselag distracts the hell out of me.

Dishonoured is proving that there's just no substitute for art direction. It's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. It's BRILLIANT.

After a few hours I'm not getting the Thief comparisons. The stealth feels functional at best so far in comparison (having played Thief recently doesn't help this). It feels a lot more FPS than I was expecting and I found I had to adjust the way I thought I should be playing. It's been great though and the art design is just stunning.

Very random (and OT) question but anyone know if Argos are going to be stocking this Instore (not online)?

Ive had a shitload of Agos gift vouchers as a work leaving present, everything I want seems to be online exclusive and I you can't use the sodding things online! :(

Its a thoroughly average game, that is packed with lots of potentially decent ideas, that are poorly implemented and shoddily executed. Its derivative and unoriginal, copies mechanics from other better games and ends up being worse off in the process.

Much of it is disjointed and jarring too. The characters are also borderline offensive. Horrendous, stereotyped, cringe inducing, cliched stuff, that's all the rage in dysfunctional 13 year olds fantasies. The kind of mindless shit that gives games and gamers a bad name. Seriously, people associate with this shit?

Feels like one of those first gen, new console games. Its well budget. Please note this is MY OPINION. If other people love this game, then great. That is THEIR OPINION. Don't see what there is to get all upset about really?

troll post. I just imagined what the forum comments would be like if this was a Japanese game. Havent played the game, but from what people here have been saying, it could be easily construed as a bioshock clone.

yes, I am making a statement about some people that will thrash Japanese games for allegedly 'copying the west' and being creatively bankrupt (the whole post is a quote from the BD thread).

Binary Domain is fucking great and I won't hear otherwise. But with a few Japanese games from certain big developers I do get the feeling that they're desperately trying to copy styles and gameplay that they don't really understand or don't really see the appeal of, instead of simply getting on with making a good game - resulting in a weaker and more unimaginative product. But that's not indicative of the Japanese industry as a whole of course. And I don't think this forum has something against Japanese games, quite the contrary actually. But yeah, at the end of the day Binary Domain is great and that's all that matters :D

Dishonored is brilliant too btw.

This game didnt get enough attention. Its getting stellar reviews, but somehow I never heard of it until I read them. I would normally know about games well in advance...I think It is being swallowed up with the holyday rush. TBH if I dint hear about it, and I spend the whole fucking day reading about games, its not looking good.

This game didnt get enough attention. Its getting stellar reviews, but somehow I never heard of it until I read them. I would normally know about games well in advance...I think It is being swallowed up with the holyday rush. TBH if I dint hear about it, and I spend the whole fucking day reading about games, its not looking good.

You should add RPS to your reading list - even if you don't have a PC. They've been following this one for a while, and their recent posts have been somewhat positive. Alec's 'The Onion' post tipped me over into buying it.

http://www.rockpaper...tag/dishonored/

Edit: and didya hafta quote that guy from the BD thread?

It looks so fantastic that I'm tempted to put it on the long-term list for when I get a new gfx card ( as some of these captures are breathtaking ), then again it sounds like Irrational need all the help they can get so maybe I should nab the 360 version to do them a solid. Oh, I'm all conflicted.

Sod it. There's no way I can leave the Looking Glass guys hanging, time to use that Gamestation credit.

7 / 8 hours in just starting the second mission and I have to say (small enemy type spoiler)

the teleporting masked dudes are really REALLY awesome to stealth against - suddenly you're not that overpowered and you have to be careful even on the rooftops :D

which makes the game even more awesome than it already was. Dishonored :wub: