Dishonored - Definitive Edition - now 60fps on Xbox Series

The Sarge

I don't really get a Half Life 2 vibe off this at all to be honest.. reminds me visually more of Bioshock, (and even then considerably better looking) set in a weird fantastical version of Olde London.

And it plays like a first person Tenchu / MGS, but with far more sophisticated and elegant player abilities and game systems.

I was finding this really difficult last night, I might have just been too tired though. It's a game that really demands your concentration and I kept floundering at doing it stealthily. I did put it on hard difficulty too which means that your health gets quickly decimated.

Look forward to jumping back in though, the atmosphere and world design is astonishingly good.

I don't really get a Half Life 2 vibe off this at all to be honest.. reminds me visually more of Bioshock, (and even then considerably better looking) set in a weird fantastical version of Olde London.

And it plays like a first person Tenchu / MGS, but with far more sophisticated and elegant player abilities and game systems.

I think the announcements and general feel of oppression mirrors Half Life 2 closely. The combat feels more Bioshocky though.

Loving this, it's the first game since Metroid Prime where I've basically wandered around studying the environment in detail in every new room.

Saying that, definately feels like it needs a controller. Some of the prompts are a bit odd (going from hold Left-Ctrl to Hold-F to choke someone out and catch the body is weird).

You can definitely see City 17 in the environment. The metal plating over brick and mortar, the techno-industrial anachronisms. It is uncannily like Bioshock as well, I think it's partially because of the engine (UE3 rather than Source), but it's there in the character design too.

You can definitely see City 17 in the environment. The metal plating over brick and mortar, the techno-industrial anachronisms. It is uncannily like Bioshock as well, I think it's partially because of the engine (UE3 rather than Source), but it's there in the character design too.

It's Half-Life outside, but more Bioshock inside.

Spoiler about a mission later on:

Plus I'm about to go over the

bridge, which reminds me of the awesome Half-Life 2 bridge

I know. To my shame I never played System Shock or Thief. :( I've tried but find them too old.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I cannot ignore this remark :)

Regardless of any blockiness in the visuals, in terms of gameplay and controls the Thief games, especially Thief 2, still stand head and shoulders above any game that has ever incorporated any kind of stealth element before and since. You might not like the old-ish visuals, but as my sig clearly states there's a way to make it look all nice and HD for you all 2012 young 'uns. But blocky they might be, as far as atmosphere goes the games haven't aged one bit. Therefore 'too old' is not a valid excuse if you pretend to like stealth games.

All of the above is not my opinion but the cold hard facts.

All of the above is not my option but the cold hard facts.

Oh, Thief 2 is wonderful. I can't recall another game where I would just do nothing with my character for such a length of time, and still enjoy it.

(Because I wasn't really doing nothing - I was doing precisely what Garrett would; observing the world until I was sure it was exactly the right time to move. Watching, listening, analysing, planning, wondering, scheming. And worrying, always worrying.

I just wasn't moving.)

The long vertical structures, overhanging cables, posters/graffiti, colour palette and juxtaposition of harsh metal structures and objects around lived-in brickwork is all very HL2. However, it still has a really unique flavour thanks to the painterly textures and cartoonish character design.

I usually go for PS3 on single player games, but can go 360 if needs be. Does anyone know of any issues?

Should be exactly the same on the two, minor niggles on both systems, but none of the platforms have the "best" version.

So I had intended to do a no-kill playthough, and I managed to stick to this for all of the first assassination mission. Then when I got to the stats screen at the end, I realised I hadn't bothered checking if if I had managed it for the first part of the game.

Reloaded a save, got to the stat screen - one person killed. Fuck.

So I had intended to do a no-kill playthough, and I managed to stick to this for all of the first assassination mission. Then when I got to the stats screen at the end, I realised I hadn't bothered checking if if I had managed it for the first part of the game.

Reloaded a save, got to the stat screen - one person killed. Fuck.

Does it count the attackers right at the start of the game? Is it possible to not kill them?