Dishonored - Definitive Edition - now 60fps on Xbox Series

The Sarge

The alertness indicators over people's heads have three levels. Level one is "huh, what was that", two is "I'm going to go look at that thing" and three is "oh it's that guy". Do you still qualify for "Ghost" if someone gets to level one?

I got a ghost rating on the third mission yesterday and I definitely alerted a few guards to level 2 so it seems like you only lose the ghost rating if they become fully alert. I also had one body discovered and still got the rating which I found interesting.

Finished it last night. There probably is a really good game in there, but I wouldn't know because I tried to do a no kill run which got pretty boring about halfway through. It seems like all of the interesting options involve killing everyone but without getting into too much melee combat.

It's definitely not a patch on the last Deus Ex.

Finished it last night. There probably is a really good game in there, but I wouldn't know because I tried to do a no kill run which got pretty boring about halfway through. It seems like all of the interesting options involve killing everyone but without getting into too much melee combat.

It's definitely not a patch on the last Deus Ex.

i wouldn't say killing everyone but reacting on the fly whilst trying to remain as efficient as possible is the way I enjoy playing the most.

Is there any way to see how you're doing on alerts/bodies discovered/ghost on a level? I failed to get Ghost on the 1st 2 levels and I've no idea what failed it for me. Apparently there were 2 alerts/alarms and 3 bodies discovered on the 2nd level (nothing on the 1st) but the only 1 I ever saw any evidence of was them finding the guy in interrogation chair and I was well clear by the time that happened.

Deus Ex 3 is, imho, a much better game on all fronts.

Certainly, but even the mighty HR had its problems.

One of the amazing things about Dishonored is how the world changes around you depending on your playing techniques. I went for a lethal playthrough and by the end there were loads of these zombie types around just running at me resi style. If you go non-lethal then they arent zombies at all and carry on with their lives. You can eavesdrop on conversations that simply dont exist if you go lethal.

One more thing, the lean function is really not give much prominence in the game, just a very quick tutorial and then no reminder to use it ever again. I think a few more prompts might of got me in the habit of using it.

I think the mission updates to say "take his body to a safe location". You can't actually travel between maps with bodies, so "a safe location" just seems to be "outside the gates" as I did that and it was fine.

EDIT: beaten.

Oh, ffs! You'd think that the bin the furthest away from the palace would be the safest, right? Wrong, as I found out after carting his body out the door, past all the guards I skilfully avoided first time around by sneaking in via the kennels (because you can't take a body through a door to another map area), and into the farthest bin I could find, just the other side of the security station.

No. You have to dump him in the nearest bin, just to the right of the inner courtyard gates, which is the only one that the game considers to be 'safe'.

*Bad* Arkane, bad; I wonder if that's why they added quest markers, because otherwise that's just opaque to the player. Why this bin and not that bin? Because it was the only one open before I got there? I dunno.

Interesting dilemma on the next mission:

The back alley from one aree to the next has a couple of guards shaking down a woman. Dither too long and she's dead meat. Can't see a way to get a ghost rating here, not without the ability to completely freeze time and line up a couple of tranq darts. So, I now know this run to be doomed as far as getting a ghost run is concerned. Still on for non-lethal, but I was sorely tempted to drop that target for these two thugs.

You can definitely take them both out silently without the ability to freeze time - I did it with 'merely' slow time and choke holds (wait until the first guy steps forward, then you can choke and drag the lagging enemy backwards, dump him in a corner, and choke the second before they even realise you're doing anything).

Interesting dilemma on the next mission:

The back alley from one aree to the next has a couple of guards shaking down a woman. Dither too long and she's dead meat. Can't see a way to get a ghost rating here, not without the ability to completely freeze time and line up a couple of tranq darts. So, I now know this run to be doomed as far as getting a ghost run is concerned. Still on for non-lethal, but I was sorely tempted to drop that target for these two thugs.

I did that without freezing or slowing time:

I blinked to behind the cover directly in front of you when you enter that area. Then I blinked behind those two guards, towards the corner. The guard on the right (from when you're standing behind them) is just a few steps behind the other one. If you're quick, you can choke him out, carry him away and then choke out the other one before he stops yapping.

Edit: beaten to it, but at least I did it without any kind of time manipulation at all :D

Hnngh. I was in the wrong place to plan that one.

Do I retry? I haven't actually entered the bath house yet (although I have a growing collection of bodies snoozing away in an upper room overlooking the gateway) so I'm not that far past.

But quicksave gaming is a sure road to obsession.

Completed the masked ball last night and thoroughly enjoyed it and all the side quests, particularly the duel in the gardens, it didn't end well for the wolf!

I ended going upstairs with that piss head Lady Boyle and had no other option but to knock her out and let some rats devour her - didn't get any further things to do but know there were unused areas below so looking fwd to replaying that. Thought I'd talked to everyone but obviously not. Also took me ages to work out what the hell the levers in their rooms did then I finally noticed! And you get some some serious cash together by robbing them blind.

Enjoying this more and more now that I'm utilising all my abilities and keeping away from the reload button. Onwards... :)

Edit: beaten to it, but at least I did it without any kind of time manipulation at all :D

I may have fluked it - I got stuck under a table or something, started firing blindly with the tranq darts in the crossbow, and although one guy showed full white 'WTF' lightning bars, they didn't turn red before I shot him in the ankle, so I don't think I was actually spotted!

I'm now at a boss battle. A major turn off. Fuck.

There's a boss battle? Oh man :(

(I've just got to the level in the flooded sector, which I can just about imagine ending with a boss battle. Shame)

There's a boss battle? Oh man :(

(I've just got to the level in the flooded sector, which I can just about imagine ending with a boss battle. Shame)

Yeah that first part over there is actually very, very good. There's a ton of paths to take!

At the end of the Flooded District, or at least that's where I think it took place, you'll encounter a certain character again. But I believe the boss fight is entirely optional. Though purely out of principle I chose to engage that character.

I did the Lady Boyle mission last night, but ended up with three hostiles killed. Not sure how.

I choked one single guard on a balcony and left him there. Pretty high up though. Rats must've spawned and eaten him. I killed the wolf guy in the duel, so maybe that counts towards the quota. Other than that, there was just Lady Boyle. And I neutralized her non-lethally.

Hmm, I completed the mission with no hostiles killed, despite going for the lethal solution

I knocked out Lady Boyle and left her for the rats, so the game didn't count me as killing anyone...

Not sure what happened with your playthrough :/

I've been avoiding reading about this because I wanted to go in blind (to the extent I didn't have a clue what the game was about or even the setting other than it being a bit stealthy and possibly having elements of Thief and Deus Ex... ) - so apologies if this has been covered- it's a question about the lethal versus non-lethal outcomes... I'm still near the start of the game so it's not an ending spoiler...

At the start the game said something alone the lines of how killing people will cause more corpses which will help spread the plague and effect the outcome of the game... but if I was to use that perk that turns bodies to dust, does that neutralise the effect of bodies lying in the street...

Or am I over thinking it..? Trying for non-lethal but sometimes a screw-up means my sword accidentally finds it's way into someone's throat and I'm trying to break out of that bad - quick save / quick reload habit I get into with these games...

Well that explains it. That is an essential part of the stealth mechanic in Dishonored, without it you'll get spotted all the time. No wonder you were getting frustrated. It's like you completed Forza by only steering left and never right, because fuck that steering right shit I completed the game and never used it once :lol:

I wouldn't say it's essential. I rarely use it and I have no problems sneaking around. Dark Vision makes it a bit worthless.

I kinda feel like I broke the fifth mission.

got into Dunwall Tower lobby, planted some rats on the floor and watched as about 6 different guards ran over. 3 guards got killed by the other 3 in the panic! I tried it again and this time Lord Regent came running out along with various other guards. He was the last one left as the guards returned to their positions and one bolt to the head later he disintegrated into ash. It was cool but felt a bit cheap considering he's the big baddy. I never even moved out of the vent I crawled into