Dishonored - Definitive Edition - now 60fps on Xbox Series

The Sarge

Playing it 100% stealth with no fatalities really spoiled the game for me first time through. Like @kensei, my OCD kicks in but it's just not fun to play that way - it also meant I didn't use the most fun powers and gadgets as those are all Lethal. Revisiting the game with the mindset to ignore my OCD and just play for fun, experiment with powers and gadgets, and just murder fools - that vastly improved the experience. Iirc they did a better job of balancing it in 2, but in 1 literally all of the fun fun abilities are lethal ones.

It's a fair criticism but they do give you a lot of leeway. I tried to keep stealthy and non lethal but I still had a few kills on every level, was spotted loads and had a huge rolling gun fight at one point on Dishonored 1 and ended up with the low chaos ending.

Same outcome for 2 and Death of the Outsider including some incredible keystone cops style slapstick antics on Death of the Outsider.

I appreciate you don't have to be absolutely perfect to keep relatively stealthy and to maintain low chaos. It'd be unplayable for me otherwise. 

I do enjoy working out how to silently choke everyone in an area, mind, especially given the limited sleep darts. It effectively makes it a big puzzle game. But it'd be the nice to have the option to cause absolute chaos.

I hated all the supernatural stuff in Dishonored 2 and was mildly annoyed with the Clockwork level everyone loves for disabling all my powers and forcing me to play differently.

However, having played through this, I can kind of understand why they went there. The stealth gets a bit easy near the end, even with OCD worrying about using too many consumables, patience and Blink does most of the job.

You can really see the evolution towards the sequel in the DLC. I am not sure on balance which is the better game. It's pretty close.

I might do Death of the Outsider at some point, but I think I need a rest from the stress of figuring out how to kill people for a bit.

*Whispering* Hitman Trilogy? On Gamepass? Ah, shit.

• 6 months later...

I finished this today! It’s taken me ten years and many attempts across 3 different platforms (and generations, come to that), but I finished it today. 

Bloody loved it! Took no time at all to blast through, think I only started over on Sunday! 

Wondering if I should do the dlc or just move straight to 2…? 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I finished this today! It’s taken me ten years and many attempts across 3 different platforms (and generations, come to that), but I finished it today. 

Bloody loved it! Took no time at all to blast through, think I only started over on Sunday! 

Wondering if I should do the dlc or just move straight to 2…? 

Do the DLC…it’s brilliant, especially the Brigmore Witches one.

18 hours ago, JoeK said:

Do the DLC…it’s brilliant, especially the Brigmore Witches one.

Ok I started Knife of Dunwall and died more times trying to get into the slaughterhouse than I did the entire game as Corvo…mostly down to the way Daud’s blink works differently! 

Love hearing Michael Madsen chew that scenery, though. 

Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches both done. Really enjoyed both. I love how you can approach things in a variety of ways and it’s very fun figuring out the sneakiest route through a level - something that was much harder in the dlc than in the main game! Daud was indeed great, really enjoyed playing as him once I got used to his blink. 

On to Dishonoured 2! 

• 2 months later...