rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Ferine

PlayStation Network

I dunno, it's not as good as Summer of Arcade but it's not bad either. Certainly something they can build on in the future, especially if the timing works out so that they do have some exclusives they can include.

I dunno, it's not as good as Summer of Arcade but it's not bad either. Certainly something they can build on in the future, especially if the timing works out so that they do have some exclusives they can include.

Yeah, next year should hopefully be interesting with actual exclusives and not some DLC. The pub fund (and the recent $20m injection) should help.

Looking at those PSN games above they look a lot more interesting in terms of buying them all and getting a game free. Payday especially looks fantastic. The Summer Arcade offering this year I've found to be pretty piss weak. Only one or two titles at most that interest me.

Whilst I'm really glad Sony have decided to wheel out a promotion, I find it odd that they've gone with relatively high profile multi-format releases. I believe Rochard is due out soon, as are Okabu and Amy, and all are promising looking PSN exclusive titles¹.

¹At launch, anyway. Amy's situation is somewhat confused.

Whilst I'm really glad Sony have decided to wheel out a promotion, I find it odd that they've gone with relatively high profile multi-format releases. I believe Rochard is due out soon, as are Okabu and Amy, and all are promising looking PSN exclusive titles¹.

¹At launch, anyway. Amy's situation is somewhat confused.

Actually it makes perfect sense to me. I think the idea is to get people to look at PSN instead of XBL, you can't do that with exclusives. By doing an offer on multi platform games, Sony are looking to gain sales they wouldn't normally get because people would prefer the xbox versions. It might not work on Street Fighter where XBL is the primary reason to get it on 360, but it may work on the other games, especially for Plus subscribers.

From the sounds of it Sony is also getting at least one of these games before XBLA

• Upvote 2

But why not have a balance? All four of the games will be hitting XBLA at much the same time, and as this will apparently only be a yearly venture it seems like a missed opportunity not to promote what actually sets Sony's service apart.

Spelunker HD Coming To PSN Tomorrow

Good news my fellow Spelunkers of SCEE territories – the wait is over! It’s time to charge up your headlamps and push your cave exploring tendencies to all new heights… er, depths: Spelunker HD is coming to the PlayStation Store tomorrow.
- Playstation Blog
And be sure to join the other explorers at the Spelunker HD Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/SpelunkerHD, to lament your wildest Spelunker death experiences and brag about your deepest successes.

Splinter Cell HD Trilogy Sneaks Into PlayStation Store Tomorrow

It’s nice to be able to sit and talk to you all after months of work. As you may have heard, tomorrow we are releasing a trilogy compilation of our very first Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell games on the PlayStation Store. It includes Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and you will also be able to buy it on Blu-ray Disc at a later date.

You’ll be able to relive this epic series in high definition with enhanced graphics fully remastered in 1080p HD. To top it off, owners of 3DTVs will be able to experience Sam Fisher’s adventures in stereoscopic 3D. And finally, we added trophies for a more rewarding experience. I shall congratulate in advance those of you who get the platinum. Believe me, it won’t be an easy task!

As well as being able to buy all three games as a bundle, you can also purchase them separately as single games. The bundle costs €29.99/£23.99 and each individual title is €9.99/£7.99.

And just because we love PlayStation Plus users, they will enjoy a special treat:

20% Discount on Splinter Cell

10 % Discount on Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Splinter Cell Theory comes with an exclusive theme featuring Sam Fisher

- Playstation Blog

Time to have fun switching the lights on & off, on Chaos Theory ;)

• Upvote 2

Right, I've more or less updated the first post; frankly I can't be arsed to write up some of the THQ content on sale as I seriously doubt anyone here even cares it exists.

Ostensibly some pretty good stuff this week, although personally I'm waiting on the disk release of the HD Splinter Cell games so can't directly speak to their quality; to try and avoid disappointment, remember that none of them feature multiplayer. Can anyone else offer first hand impressions?

I'm not sure Spelunker is worth £7.99 or 20% off. Can't decide.

Grubbins on Ice DLC for Costume Quest is great at £1.49 but im peed off that the main game is now only £4.50 when I just paid £9 to please a Nephew :angry:

Never did play Splinter Cell. Again can't decide whether I should bother when I have so many other games to play and little time and its £6 or whatever for PS+.

Just to let you know I'll be away from the 'net for most of tomorrow and likely won't be able to update the first post until Thursday.

I can tell you one thing that'll be released, though: Cubixx HD. It's essentially Qix played on a cube and will run you £6.29, with plus members able to shave 20% off that.

I'm pretty sure Fighting Fantasy: Talisman of Death is supposed to be coming to minis, too, which is pretty interesting. There's

than runs you through the conversion from book to game.

Square/Taito releasing Elevator Action Deluxe on Japan PSN on August 31.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/18/elevator_action_deluxe_first_look/

As detailed yesterday, Elevator Action Deluxe is a remake of the 1983 arcade classic. The game is being developed by the original Taito staff and will feature remixed music from Taito sound unit Zuntata.

This is more than just a barebones remake, though. In addition to the new HD visuals, the game includes new weapons like machine guns and laser guns, and new gimmicks like high speed elevators and long ropes.

Multiplayer options include offline play through co-op and competitive play. In co-op, you and your fellow players work together to get through the missions. Competitive play includes three play types:

1 Door Battle: Steal the secret file from the single red door that appears in the stage.

8 Door Battle: Attempt to steal the most secret files from the red doors that appear in the stage.

Death Match: Defeat all opponents and get the highest score.

WTwL64s6ggm7377ZqXow68pwV526h7GO.jpg

ZBuP9A7A4iCpKHxMRhfP7fj6WMH7YDWt.jpg

UbWv3BY53kKQfErtxEK9Z6C1tf3PqB2U.jpg

SOlj5g4kX74N9uanG2Qs9J5GwS65s1Om.jpg

Crucially the teaser site has an English option, so with luck we'll get this soon.

http://dlgames.square-enix.com/ead/na/index.html

I'm pretty sure Fighting Fantasy: Talisman of Death is supposed to be coming to minis, too, which is pretty interesting. There's
than runs you through the conversion from book to game.

Did anyone pick this up? - Is my 10 year old self going to die a little bit if I get this? :unsure:

Did anyone pick this up? - Is my 10 year old self going to die a little bit if I get this? :unsure:

It should be an on the ball representation of the book (complete with original illustrations) - but (petty as it sounds) I'm not going to pay £3.50 for what is essentially an e-book with some dice animations.

It should be an on the ball representation of the book (complete with original illustrations) - but (petty as it sounds) I'm not going to pay £3.50 for what is essentially an e-book with some dice animations.

I'm away for a week at the beginning of September in Wales where there will be no TV reception and no Wi-Fi (Snowdonia) - Just looking to pick up a couple of cheap bits and pieces for my PSP and this kind of trip down memory lane might be good or normally I wouldn't have thought about it. A mate of mine picked up some of the proper books a couple of months ago and I nearly got myself a couple of those then; when I read about this I thought it might be a good buy, but...

... Yeah .. When you put it like that...

So, you're going to buy it now and I'm not? :P

Will see what's around nearer the time, the nostalgia value alone might weigh in it's favour though - It's the same reason I ended up with the Pinball Dreams / Fantasies games :)

I noted that Hysteria Project 2 is up as well, probably get that as well which will no doubt leave me pretty much none the wiser than the first outing did... :blush:

Right, finally done! I'm very much regretting setting the precedent of all that bloody formatting.

Anyway, there's quite a lot to check out this week, and not just new releases: there's some decent PSP content on sale, something those eyeing the Vita might be interested in given that it's backwards compatible with digital titles.

• Upvote 2

I saw the capcom sale , but my bank account may have just cried. The short list is currently 10 games long :o Many of those prices are noticeably cheaper than retail (BOF3 and the Capcom compilations are £10 on budget umd new, BlazBlue is the same as shopto's price for the disc and good luck finding Fate for £4! as I think it's digital only)

I've decided the sensible thing was to write down all the ones I'm interested in and not buy any for a few days to see which ones I actually want. I have a Go and a 3000, so I could pick some up over time on UMD and keep the 3000 when I get a Vita (whenever that will be).

Bear in mind you have two weeks to decide, then a new selection of PSP games will be discounted.

• Upvote 1

Plenty of time :) I was only going to wait until the weekend. I just don't want to rush into buying £75 of games that I may not play ;)