PlayStation Network

Ferine

It's saying £9.59 in gold for me

Looks like they've sorted it now. You couldn't get it for nowt, anyway. Just odd that I've seen it happen a couple of times.

Just played some retro/grade. For a rhythm action game, the music is oddly vacuous. You'd think that'd be the one thing they'd want to nail.

In the context of posting on an Internet forum, it's pedantry for sure. Who cares if the grammar isn't perfect?!

Grammar isn't the issue - using a word with a completely different meaning to that intended is.

hwoveer Wiper eevyrnoe on teh froum wlil be albe to raed tihs dsetipe teh fcat it is all selpt icnrorcelty, bceasue teh barin is a pwoerufl tnhig. :coffee:

(read it with out thinking and lets just let him away with a typo!)

and back to PSN, exactly when do we get Read Dead? I played it a bit back when released and for some reason never never bought it (rented or borrowed) I liked it but too much good stuff about at the time (and too many bugs on release) has it had many patches, and good DLC?

hwoveer Wiper eevyrnoe on teh froum wlil be albe to raed tihs dsetipe teh fcat it is all selpt icnrorcelty, bceasue teh barin is a pwoerufl tnhig. :coffee:

(read it with out thinking and lets just let him away with a typo!)

and back to PSN, exactly when do we get Read Dead? I played it a bit back when released and for some reason never never bought it (rented or borrowed) I liked it but too much good stuff about at the time (and too many bugs on release) has it had many patches, and good DLC?

Not to derail the thread further but it isn't a typo. Loads of people don't understand the difference between brought and bought. I must read brought where the meaning is bought several times every day.

Ohhh I didn't know about this! I finished and sold it ages ago when I was poor, but I'm so looking forward to mooching around again killing cougars and shit.

PS+ is proving absurdly good value - I got it cheapish due to some codes I got off here, I've only bought one game since I subscribed. The free games throw up a few surprises too, despite liking 3rd person actioners/shooters I'd written off Warhammer Space Marine as some RPG bollocks (and the title isn't exactly enticing) but it's really rather good.

Perhaps Sprite's response could have been more polite (though when similar has been done to me following language misuse I've been amused), but personally I try to point out to people when they clearly repeatedly misunderstand the meaning (or spelling) of a word, mostly because when that has happened to me in the past I've been thankful for it. Were it not for people correcting me online I would almost certainly still spell the past tense of lead as lead, rather than led; still mix up whose and who's; and not understand the difference between effect and affect. Admittedly, I'll tend to take it to PM, but I think it's mostly useful - I certainly appreciate the help that forums have given me in improving my written English over the past 14 years.

I'll leave the discussion at this juncture though, as we've gone drastically off topic. Which is largely my fault.

Ohhh I didn't know about this! I finished and sold it ages ago when I was poor, but I'm so looking forward to mooching around again killing cougars and shit.

On this subject, might be a silly question. If you previously owned a retail game and have saves on your PS3 they still work with a PS+ download of the same game, right?

Going on this it's the 5th of September. Looking forward to it, I've been thinking about getting it on the PS3 as it's one of those games I like to dip into the multiplayer every now and then and I've not bothered to renew gold this time.

Anyone seen the Playstation Blog this week? The no show of the Counterstrike game in the EU has caused epic nerd rage in the comments section. Even one (idiot) accusing SCEE of being racist.

Not really bothered about Counterstrike myself but I can see the frustration if its available everywhere else (Steam and Xbox Live and on the US PSN)

However, im hoping that this no show and the fallout will maybe give SCEE a kick up the arse about trying to get things released at the same time as the US. False hope maybe and dont get me wrong, the PS plus side of things is very very good at the moment (better than the US from what I understand) but it would just be nice to get some things release over here quicker.

Pinball Arcade took over 4 months to get here for example!

Who am i kidding, never gonna happen :(

Bought Sound Shapes last night and played through tutorial and 1st Beck track......early impressions, WOW :hug: , absolutely loved what i've played so far. I really didn't know what to expect but it's fantastic. The music is something i'd probably not listen to normally but in this game it's been incorporated brilliantly.

I might even have a go at making something myself which again is something i've never done before with other games where you can make your own levels :D

So it looks like Tomba!/Tombi! is coming out on the 5th of September. I think there was talk of us getting the US version of the game, which is absolutely A-OK by me. I've never actually played the full game, but I remember absolutely rinsing the twenty minute time-locked demo back in the day. Super excited to finally play this!

Where is the best place to get US PSN credit these days since Best Buy is showing 'out of stock' for the e-mail delivered codes. I should've organised this before Rock Band Blitz came out...

Head to Jerry Cards which is www.jerrycards.com I spend a out $150 a month on US iTunes cards there. They do PSN and Amazon and Netflix etc. great site

No disrespect dude but Jerry cards are marking up 20 bucks on a 50 dollar card! Fuck that.

Ah sorry I forgot UK prices. To be honest if I have mates going over I get them to buy them. When I buy a $100 iTunes card I usually pay an extra $12 due to exchange rates with Aus dollar and US dollar.

Anyone know how you go about getting the number of PS3s your account has been activated on reset?

You should be able to do it via this website. Account tab, Media and Devices menu item, click on the Game pane and then Deactivate All.

As for Dust 514, I think it's too early for anyone to call. The very first Beta build I got my hands on several months ago was practically unplayable so it's come on leaps and bounds, but I wouldn't really be comfortable saying more than it's progressing well and has a lot of interesting ideas. I'd at least encourage people to give it a few hours once it's actually released, though; it's free-to-play so you've little to lose.