rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Ferine

PlayStation Network

I got the two capcom collections and Powerstone. Also grabbed the cheap Denki Blocks. Now pondering Monster Hunter but is it as good as they say?

I've just gone for Fate/ and Mega Man so far. Umming over the Capcom collections (I have them on ps2) and Pirates mostly. Not sure about Darkstalkers and SFA3. Powerstone I had on UMD a couple of years ago, not sure If i'm bothered.

Just a quick question about the love film streaming service on the PS3, is it SD only or do they do HD streams as well?

I hope Capcom put Mega Man: Powered Up and Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins up on the EU store at some point.

Powered Up won't be appearing due to Capcom not wanting to pay to voice actors again <_<

UGnG is up on the American PSN, so we should see it, but then again America don't have Mega Man X on their store :unsure:

Elevator Action Deluxe trailer, should be out next week in Europe :)

Grandia get. Finally a proper RPG with colours. Last RPG I tried - White Knight Chronicles - is a snore fest .

Just a quick question about the love film streaming service on the PS3, is it SD only or do they do HD streams as well?

I was a subscriber to Love Film until about three months ago - It was only SD then... :(

Back O/T:

LOVE that they've included the CAPCOM collections - I've been after these for a while but only ever see them at a price I aint prepared to pay for them, especially the first one with the original Street Fighter :omg:

Gonna pick both of those up and Street Fighter 3 from this week's update, so, basically throwing all my love to CAPCOM for this update... :)

This week continues what's like to be a steady flow of releases until Christmas, although I don't think there's anything for me other than finally giving Blue Toad a try.

Just as a reminder, the PSP sale will be refreshed next week with a new batch of titles so if you've been umm-ing and aah-ing over anything now's the time.

Also, whilst not explicitly related to games, Sony have decided to drop the terrible Qriocity name for their media services. The renamed Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited and the PlayStation Store now fall under the banner of Sony Entertainment Network. Obviously this doesn't mean much at the moment, but it does speak of the company's desire to broaden their network services.

Is there a way to check current PSN prices without connecting your PS3 and connecting to the store? I downloaded the iPhone app to check the current prices of Flower, Limbo, Noby Noby Boy and maybe Third Strike and it doesn't have prices.

• Upvote 1

The Assassin's Creed: Revelations multiplayer Beta is now up in the Plus section. It weighs in at a rather hefty 2.7GB and apparently there's a 150MB patch to get on top of that.

Low quality SD

The next round of the PSP Power Sale has been laid out, although the selection on the Store doesn't switch until Wednesday's update. It doesn't seem as good as the first lot, but there are choice pickings to be had.

Incidentally the US has a pretty great month ahead for Plus members. I'm hoping SCEE matches the launch discounts on RE4 and Code Veronica as I'd actually buy them at 50% off.

Definitely slim pickings there.

edit: US PS+ looking quite good though!

Probably the best month ever, Plants VS Zombies (I've been hovering over 'buy' for months with this one) 3 Resi games and 50% off the Best Game Ever. Magic.

Man, I hope we get that Plus content over here, that's amazing. EU PlayStation Blog does their Plus update on the first Wednesday of the month by the looks of it.

Whilst this might already be common knowledge — I tend to buy games online — I went into GameStation today and they had a full suite of PSN credit vouchers available, ranging from £5 to £35. Obviously you aren't saving anything on the RRP, but it could be pretty handy for those looking to burn some store credit: I had enough to pick up £35, which has paid for my next year of Plus.

Speaking of which, a year's subscription is currently £31.99 when bought through the Store, shaving £8 off the usual price. In my experience it's well worth it, but your mileage may vary.

So they're doing vouchers outside of the £25 and £50 denominations now?

Yep. I'm pretty sure they had every increment of £5 within the range I mentioned.

Another positive, at least in my eyes, is you don't have to deal with so much packaging. You take the card to the till and they print the actual code on a receipt, stapling it to a little leaflet that tells you how to redeem it.

Thats might just be a game(station) thing as I looked on amazon a few days ago and they only had the old nominations. It may be part of the Game(station) arrangement with Sony to do voucher codes for store content

edit: your last post confirms it

If you're after vouchers I can recommend electronicfirst, email you the code within the hour (usually 5 minutes for me) and they cost less than the face value of the card.

EDIT a £35 card on there is £32.99

• Upvote 1

Oh my, Bloodrayne is very unpleasant to play. Reminds me of a combination between Shank and Moon Diver.

The protagonist does not feel powerful. Enemies are sponges (even the first ones you encounter give you a feeling of 'ow, so this how it is going to be'), changing the direction of an attack in between hits takes too long or is not possible at all, getting hit in mid-air triggers a fall animation that can not be interrupted. There is no crouch move (just a standing dash), a higher jump is done by running the opposite direction then turn around and jump. I wonder if the designers ever played a 2d side scrolling game in the past 30 years...

Ugh, I had some hopes for this but after reaching a dead-end in Level 2 I am done with this. Back to Hard Corps for my 2d side scrolling adventures.

Plus content in the UK continues to be ridiculously good

Plants vs Zombies - 100% off

Ratchet and Clank: ‘All 4 One’ Open Beta (Exclusive)

Jellypop (minis) – 100% off

Kaleidoscope (minis) – 100% off

Resident Evil: Director’s Cut - 100% off

Guerilla War SNK mini – 100% off

Plus a ton of discounts.