IGNORED

PlayStation Network

Ferine

It's also the section that someone thought it was a good idea to put a big PSN+ banner on the top. Which means you can only fit two rows of games on the screen, unlike other sections which have the screen full of games.

I quite like the look of it but it's things like the above which make no sense, looks nicer but you have less useful things on screen.

It's better than the old one which was fucking dreadful with items in multiple locations, and some grouped together purely for the hell of it. To be honest I don't think any of the big three have got the hang of laying out an online storefront but PSN is probably still the least awful.

It's also the section that someone thought it was a good idea to put a big PSN+ banner on the top. Which means you can only fit two rows of games on the screen, unlike other sections which have the screen full of games.

That's the only thing that annoys me, everything else is really nice looking and it seems easier to find things. I really wish it would keep the smaller icons on the screen though, that PS+ section is such a joke when you're trying to scroll through the games.

I promised you exciting news, so here it is!

SingStar

, the ultimate competitive singing game for

PlayStation 3

, will now be available to everyone in SCE Europe territories (as well as Australia and New Zealand) as a free download straight from the XMB.

Yes, that’s right, no more need to slot in a disc to get that party started. Simply installSingStar from the XMB and you will be able to start singing in no time, share your performances with the community and visit the SingStore to get hold of more great tracks for your collection.

I’ve listed all the great things about SingStar on the XMB for you below but I am most excited about the fact that you can now play SingStar with your PlayStation Eye camera. We have spent many an afternoon testing this in the office and are pretty pleased with it so please let us know what you think! This will only work for single player mode, so if you’re gearing up for a serious SingStar battle, you’ll obviously still need to plug in some mics.

If you’re brand new to SingStar and have never bought a song from the SingStore before, there are also some short demo songs available for you to download and try out.

SingStar on the XMB:

• The SingStar game client is FREE, no disc required!
  • Sing with PS Eye
  • Compatible with SingStar microphones, official PlayStation Wireless headsets and common USB microphones
  • Short demo songs available for download for new SingStore customers
  • Easy access PS2 and PS3 disc swap from song carousel
  • Use PSP or PS Vita to create playlists with SingStar Remote
  • Instantly share your performances with the SingStar community and your friends on Facebook
  • Acquire new trophies

SingStar will be added to the XMB very soon. Follow us on Twitter @SingStarHQ and keep your eyes peeled on www.singstar.com for more news and a confirmed release date.

I hope this doesn’t mean they are whacking the price of songs up again

Caveat: if you want to play the songs on your discs, you still have to put the disc in, but you can swap between them quickly using the carousel rather than having to quit out.

So yeah, no discs required for your dlc songs, but discs still required for all your disc based songs. So the news isn't that great, really.

Caveat: if you want to play the songs on your discs, you still have to put the disc in, but you can swap between them quickly using the carousel rather than having to quit out.

So yeah, no discs required for your dlc songs, but discs still required for all your disc based songs. So the news isn't that great, really.

Singstar for free though for the people that don't already have it is

The PS2 bit though. Is this only if you have a backward compatible PS3? I'd assume so.