IGNORED

Jurassic World

Goose

• 1 month later...

Decent paint job that, considering it's survived 22 years!

"No expense spared."

Shame there is no Sir Richard in the film. I would love to see a David Attenborough doing a cameo appearance in the film as himself :)

Maybe they could resurrect him via DNA so we get some Cyriak-like Dickiesaurus roaming around looking for loads of ice cream.

• 1 month later...

Considering it's a teaser and the cuts are so quick, it took a moment to realise we were looking at new footage. I thought they were going with a nostalgic "hey look at the gate entry shot!" and "hey look at the gallimimus stampede scene" kind of angle.

Had to watch it a second time to realise I was watching new shots. I'm up for this.

Glad to see it's shot on Hawaii again, even if Lost has ruined that landscape a little in my mind.

Looks like the park is fully up and running as well, which is exciting.

It is; InGen has been taken over by another company and the park has been up and running, successfully, for years. However, as is our nature, humans are getting a bit bored of the same old dinosaurs, which leads the money men to order the creation of a "new" dinosuar, to re-ignite interest in the park. Something bigger, scarier and unknown.

Things do not go well.

I actually think it's a good approach to take. Trevorrow's spoken about sitting down to break the story with his writing partner and they discussed what's changed since 1991 (since the series is progressing in real time) and they latched onto two ideas; first, no matter how risky something something sounds, someone will do it if it means making money; which is why Masrani buy InGen and open the park, despite the previous films. They've succeeded where Hammond could not and the park has been making shit loads of money ever since.

Secondly, they address how we're racing ahead in terms of technology, far faster than even sci-fi could have predicted and as a result, we're taking it for granted and becoming bored by it.

I've read that there's a shot of a teenager standing next to a glass wall, with a fucking T-Rex standing right behind him and he doesn't care. He's playing with his phone. I think that's brilliant.

Some of the other stuff I'm less enthused about but overall I think it sounds decent.