IGNORED

Jurassic World

Goose

I wish Spielberg was at the helm because it might have got the vision it needs. It's been 20 years since JP1 (the last great dinosaur film). The sequels I enjoyed a lot but still don't hold a candle to the first film.

I'm very welcoming of a new JP film but I also dread that it will probably be utter turd without the series creators running the show.

I wish Spielberg was at the helm because it might have got the vision it needs. It's been 20 years since JP1 (the last great dinosaur film). The sequels I enjoyed a lot but still don't hold a candle to the first film.

I'm very welcoming of a new JP film but I also dread that it will probably be utter turd without the series creators running the show.

Surely Spielberg isn't the only one capable of delivering a quality Dinosaur flick?

I think we're being a little harsh on that footage. It's apparently a test reel for the film - something that the recycling of the "dive" shot and the overall cheapness of the CGI bears out - so it won't be indicative of the finished product; all it's doing it showing what kind of direction Trevorrow is going in.

Personally, I think it looks fun. It's going to be dinosaurs loose in the real world on a massive scale, what's not to like!

Dinosaurs out in the civilised world even in the JP world it just doesnt make any sense if you take even a second to think about it

1, Can A Dinosaur eat a tank? No

2, Can a tank blow a dinosaur to absolute bits? Yes, no problem.

It works on an island in the Dinosaurs environment but we'd just wipe them out with the silly amount of weapons we have anywhere outside of there. If man declared war on any big predator on this planet we'd wipe them out in months with nothing more than a few rifles, Great Whites, Polar Bears, Crocodiles, you name it, we'd destroy them all in no time.

Dinosaurs out in the civilised world even in the JP world it just doesnt make any sense if you take even a second to think about it

1, Can A Dinosaur eat a tank? No

2, Can a tank blow a dinosaur to absolute bits? Yes, no problem.

It works on an island in the Dinosaurs environment but we'd just wipe them out with the silly amount of weapons we have anywhere outside of there. If man declared war on any big predator on this planet we'd wipe them out in months with nothing more than a few rifles, Great Whites, Polar Bears, Crocodiles, you name it, we'd destroy them all in no time.

Yeah it would need to be combined with some other disaster that neutralised the human race a bit, maybe a super flu outbreak.

If Spielberg still has any producer input into this don't expect any dinosaurs getting machine gunned. One of his edicts on (the terrible) Terra Nova was that no dinosaurs were to get shot where I think people were hoping for Flesh from 200AD the series.

I think the answer to that is, no, no we can't. It's not even about nerds and anal-retentiveness, it's just a shit idea, that's all. Shitty cheap Syfy movie that everyone rolls their eyes at, yes, ok, go for it, but not as part of a franchise revival of JP from a big hollywood studio.

Well, yes, but to be fair within the confines of the film it does sound believable. For most people, and especially kids (I was 9 when JP came out) it really would have seen possible, or at least, not so impossible that it took you out of the film.

A film where dinosaurs run around a city and humans are completely helpless would immediately evoke a "why don't the humans just shoot it?" from literally everyone who knows what a gun is and what it does.

• 5 months later...

The main problem I had with The Lost World is what they did with Goldblum.

He was a crazy mental in the original (and a fucking amazing one too), in The Lost World he was boring as fuck.

The main problem is it was a remake of King Kong.

• 3 weeks later...