Resident Evil 6

How do you change or even see difficulty in co-op? Started this today and my partner and I noticed significant differences between the damage we were taking from attacks. But I can't see anywhere to change the difficulty or even tell what difficulty we're both playing on.

Midway through Chris' fourth chapter now having done both Leon's and Jake's. I don't get complaints that the game gets worse as it goes on, as to me, it just keeps getting better.

This may be down to me playing it in the chronological order, which means the three campaigns are interlocking and the play styles of each campaign are complimenting each other really well. Capcom really should have just done a mode where it did this automatically. It would have really benefited the game.

Finished the Leon chapter and the whole thing was fucking bananas from the get-go. Everything is either already on fire, about to be set on fire, exploding, rigged to explode, crashing or about to crash. If the game went on any longer I wouldn't be surprised to see Leon's legs violently blow up because every other mode of transport he goes near ends up cartwheeling down the street in flames.

The absurdity is constantly piled on until the final boss fight and it never gets boring. As much as I do like the series, they have finally taken Resident Evil and dragged it screaming to its illogical conclusion by doing away with the shit puzzles (paintings that drop jewels?) and focussing on the sheer enjoyment of blowing the fuck out of monsters in various global locations. Like James Bond written by a 14yo. The graphics do have their flaws - some of the texture work is shonky as fuck but at the rate the game clips along you hardly have time to dwell on it and some of the later locations do have wonderful touches and detail. Shout out to the player models, which I think are great, especially the facial animation and Leon's swagger.

And to mention Leon's final boss:

I thought it was universal game law that if an enemy has bright or glowing body parts, those are the bits you shoot the fuck out of. The pole/lightning combo is so obviously signposted you can't not do it.

Top entertainment and I still have the other parts to play as well.

Really enjoying Chris' campaign so far. Just did Chapter 4 in coop with a random on live and it was fucking ace fun. Frantic sniper battles, and loads of new mutated Javo' to fight.

I had to use the cover system for the first time during the course of the sniper battles, it works pretty well, but Capcom should have stuck it on B or another button instead of making it the 15th thing that the A button does.

Also, the award for best weapon in the game goes to Piers' Anti-material Rifle! I can't believe you start the game with it, it's an absolute one-hit kill beast!

can someone explain to me why if i set infinite ammo - i end up running out of ammo?

and when you have run out of ammo - why there is a red cross through some ammo boxes that won't let you pick them up. v. frustrating.

i would enjoy this game alot more if i actually had some bullets in my guns.

some beautiful moments ruined by shoddy controls and no ammo.

did i mention i HATE running out of ammo in games...

I might be wrong, but I think turning infinite ammo on at the campaign screen just allows the use of infinite ammo cheats for players who have unlocked them. That's how it worked in Resi 5 at least.

Also, a red cross on an item means your inventory is full. Are you mixing your herbs together to save room?

I might be wrong, but I think turning infinite ammo on at the campaign screen just allows the use of infinite ammo cheats for players who have unlocked them. That's how it worked in Resi 5 at least.

Also, a red cross on an item means your inventory is full. Are you mixing your herbs together to save room?

Yep that's exactly how it works. You need to finish every campaign first before you even get the opportunity to purchase infinite ammo skils and it's only then that you can use infinite ammo as an option.

Oh ok. Thanks. Is anyone else running out of ammo very quickly?

Yeah, but there's a skill that gives more ammo drops I believe. Also with leon you can get away with quickshot -> melee to take zombies out with a single bullet,, on normal at least.

No I meant it the right way, sorry. Holding LT so I'm actually aiming, always. THEN flick or hold the stick n press A.

It defo doesn't work consistently.

Here are the ways you can dodge:

Press LT, direction and A at the same time

Press LT, then press A and then push in a direction

Press LT, then push in a direction, then press A

I posted a video a few pages ago about it, because people seemed to be struggling at the time.

How!? As a player there's two things you can do: shoot the boss or shoot the zombies. Regardless of which you do, eventually you'll be presented with the zombie speared by the pole. The game then points out the pole like it's an AIDS-ridden prostitute, so you can't miss that. You're clearly supposed to something with it. If the whole thing takes you more than 30 minutes, you've clearly switched off your grey matter.

it's clearly a problem, I've heard it echoed repeatedly in podcasts all week long. A lot of the bosses don't provide sufficient feedback to the player to show when you've damaged them. Some of the dialogue is even counter intuitive, implying you're doing the wrong thing when actually you need to do it several more times.

150/150 kills on Mercs. Urban Chaos. :eyebrows:

More importantly, Sherry's alt.1 costume is basically Sakura off SFIV. :wub:

Erm....Sherrys alt costume is Sherrys costume from Re2. When Sherry was 12. Shes wearing a sexed up version of her 12 year old selves school uniform. Maybe cause i palyed Re2 back in the day i just couldnt find sherry hot as i remember her as a kid :lol:

Anyway, further impressions:

Chapter 1 of Leons campaign was awesome. Seriously, it was fucking great. Yeah it had jank, but the setting was brilliant and it felt like a scene pulled straight out of a zombie flick (OTT shitty prologue aside).

Up to chapter 2 now and the opening in the cemetery was nice and creepy, with, holy shit, actual out of the ground decomposing corspe zombies! Amazing! Goes to shit once you get into the cathedral tho.

Its all lever pulling and shitty 'puzzles', the pace of Ch1 is totally gone. The crappy boss fight against the titnipple monster was so badly done too. Had no idea if i was hurting it or if i needed to trigger some environmental shit to hurt it. The underground lab just isnt interesting, wouldve loved if it just stayed as a flight out of the city.

I think i read a quote from Orson Welles once where he said something like, you should never ever have your character say "im bored". And RE6 does this a few times in Ch2. Helena says "i dont have time for this crap" when doing the stupid crossbow statue puzzle, and i thought the same thing, i was like "damn i wish i was still fucking up zombies with my shotgun instead of this crap". After a great start in chapter 1, 2 really has just gone to shit.

Erm....Sherrys alt costume is Sherrys costume from Re2. When Sherry was 12. Shes wearing a sexed up version of her 12 year old selves school uniform. Maybe cause i palyed Re2 back in the day i just couldnt find sherry hot as i remember her as a kid :lol:

Now i feel like an old perv! lol! I haven't played RE2 or 3 so i'm not totally clued up on the history.

So, I've...

Gotten to the Chinese market part. It definitely has improved - though not terribly so. There's still a lot of "what just happened?" in regards to getting smacked to the ground, and there's still too much QTE nonsense, and I want the camera zoomed out. It's absolute shit and far too close.

But yeah, I've enjoyed it more tonight, though I think that's because I've stopped expecting anything great from it.

Who's campaign are you playing through, Meh?

Leon's. Helena's quick shot with her unique shotgun is awesome.

I'd agree with Velos that you do, indeed, get the required feedback from bosses by shooting them in the right bits.

Man, it's a fucking shame what happens to Leon's campaign. So much potential in the first three chapters. It's like they forgot what game they were making, MGS4 all over again.

I do love the core mechanics and how they've integrated the online component with the various campaigns, it's just infuriating that they didn't make the most of them both. Why aren't there any epic 4-way zombie sieges, as opposed to endless bullshit boss battles? That's what people love about these games, right? Why've they been so stingy with the best bits? The last two chapters are ripe with opportunities for these moments and yet there are none.

Gah, it's only frustrating because it is genuinely SO good at times. I'm looking forward to the other two campaigns, Chris' in particular as it seems to be a lot more straight-forward and no-bullshit in its gameplay.

So, I've...

Gotten to the Chinese market part. It definitely has improved - though not terribly so. There's still a lot of "what just happened?" in regards to getting smacked to the ground, and there's still too much QTE nonsense, and I want the camera zoomed out. It's absolute shit and far too close.

But yeah, I've enjoyed it more tonight, though I think that's because I've stopped expecting anything great from it.

I do that with most games, expecting greatness from games always leads to dissapointment.