IGNORED

Borderlands 2 - Show Me Your Guns!

Thread Owner

Just to be a knob and add fuel to the fire, here's the difference, done properly instead of taking the piss like Morrius:

Makes little difference when you're on the sofa, though it is comparable ot DVD vs Bluray - if you can notice HD films looking considerably better than regular TV or DVDs on the sofa, you'd see the difference on true 1080p gaming.

And obv noticable when you're sat at a desk, about half a meter from the screen!!

You forgot to mention the bit where the PC version crashes because of a runtime error and then a virus takes over your system and clears your hard-drive.

It's Night and Day. I'll never be able to enjoy this game knowing that people are able to play it with such massive differences in errr.. what am I meant to be seeing here ?

Man, I expected much better from you.

Heartbroken. :(

The 99p trade in deal is in Gamestation too. I just picked up my zx spectrum version.I got the Premiere Club edition which came with an unlock key for

: A Golden Key

Vault Hunter's Relic

Gearbox gunpack

and a New Character Class

It also came with a Creature Slaughter Dome Code.with Moxxi's Rocket Launcher.

I have no idea what any of these mean though.

You get:

- 1 key to use in the best chest in the game (located in the first major hub, I believe), it always yields a great gun, but always less good than the best that can drop. It also scales the weapon to your level, so you might want to save it for a bit.

- A token that gives you a +5% chance at better loot

- 3 massively OP-for-the-beginning-of-the-game guns. Seriously, first named baddie got dropped by 3 shots from the sniper.

- No new class yet, but eventually you'll get the Mechromancer, who's a n00b class for your mother to use, as it has a giant robot that tanks everything.

The Creature Slaughter Dome will likely be something like Moxxi's arena in the first game.

You forgot to mention the bit where the PC version crashes because of a runtime error and then a virus takes over your system and clears your hard-drive.

That doesn't happen since the Norton bio-matter anti virus apps were released.

If anyone on steam's just noticed a friend request from 'THRILL COLLINS' pop up, that's me adding people on the group :)

Currently lvl 9 with steroid dwarf and lamenting the fact that every single decent AR I pick up is a jakobs, therefore semi-auto, therefore a shitload more clicking whenever I gunzerk. But it's all gravy so far. Can't wait to co-op.

To add some balance, I'm playing it on an ageing PC (connected to my TV and using a 360 pad) stuck at the lowly res of 1360x768 but it's still absolutely glorious!

Seriously impressed with how well this scales.. Yes I know I'm missing out on the PhysX bells and whistles but it's still a damn good looking game :wub:

Is it really that big a deal ? I mean it's still the same game isn't it ? I know you guys need to wave your PCs in everybody's faces and lord it up over us peasants but is the grass really that much greener ? I mean it's still grass isn't it ?

I'm going answer honestly: (I swear)

I'm not trying to wave anything in anyone's faces really, just stirring for lols.

It does make a difference to me, just as I prefer to watch movies in 1080p these days. I enjoy the crisper image. I think it looks nice. I don't think you are a peasant if you don't care about image quality, or don't notice it.

A lot of dudes on this forum have been migrating to PC gaming in the last couple of years (including me, I'm still new to it really!), if I convince a few more people who like shiny things to take the plunge then that's cool. For geeks like me its totally worth it.

For you its not, and that's cool man.

:)

If you have a bluray player though, you're wasting your money :P

I lamented about Yodel being shit on Twitter and Yodel's customer service tweeted me. I feel really bad now.

Ask them why they're so shit for me?

Is it really that big a deal ? I mean it's still the same game isn't it ? I know you guys need to wave your PCs in everybody's faces and lord it up over us peasants but is the grass really that much greener ? I mean it's still grass isn't it ?

It is a pretty big gap at this point in the console cycle. You only have about another year to wait until the consoles start to kick ass again.

I lamented about Yodel being shit on Twitter and Yodel's customer service tweeted me. I feel really bad now.

You shouldn't feel bad. I have heard a Yodel driver posting the card saying he'd tried to deliver and that motherfucker never even knocked on the door. I was in the room right next door and I heard the letterbox go. He reckoned he'd tried knocking. Bollocks did he.

Adding to the Yodel moan: They delivered a parcel this week while we were out of work, the card said they'd left it in the shed in the back garden. Which they had. So they tried the gate, saw it was open, and then looked at the shed and left it there.

I'm unsure if this is an improvement on their usual throw the parcel over the back fence.

Borderlands 2 looks better on a good PC and it costs less to buy too so if you can then you should IMO. BUT, I know it won't be as good a game as the sub 30fps 720p Dark Souls on the PS3 though so at the end of the day all that matters is how good the game is. Very nice to see a proper PC version though I must say. Wish I had the day off :-(

Borderlands 2 looks better on a good PC and it costs less to buy too so if you can then you should IMO. BUT, I know it won't be as good a game as the sub 30fps 720p Dark Souls on the PS3 though so at the end of the day all that matters is how good the game is. Very nice to see a proper PC version though I must say. Wish I had the day off :-(

What about the 1080p 60fps Dark Souls on PC :eyebrows:

(etc)

It is pretty boring isn't it. I mean I asked if I could use a 360 controller on the PC and Clippa posted about playing a piano with elbows. Then we get all the jokes about the console versions being far inferior.

Well as an owner of bother versions who has just booted up the 360 version... the console version has been the better experience so far. Not only does it look fantastic but I'm not having to worry about tweaking my settings.

Now admittedly this may be just my issue but some people here have posted about how they're always tweaking things, well so was I and man did I miss the point. Being free from technical hassle I got fully absorbed into the game, so much so that I've noticed so much shit I didn't in my previous play through because I was trying to get the frame rate ideal and flicking different toggles to improve performance.

I can't believe I missed the note from Lori, Claptrap's bizarre obsession with himself dressed up as a lady and the Clap Flap he uses to exit his house, the macabre way Claptrap is organising people around his house including the poker game. All because I wasn't enjoying the game, I was enjoying optimising the game.

Plus did I mention it looks great? Those worried by comments from "The Master Race" needn't worry. Having played from Borderlands on 360 recently, the textures in this version are much improved.

Hopefully now the game is out the talk can be about that.

Hmm. I just loaded up and it's chugging. But by that I mean a second of movement, pause, repeat.

I have installed it on my external USB drive...thing is everything else is fine on there. Crysis etc.

Might be the streaming tech? :S