IGNORED

Borderlands 2 - Show Me Your Guns!

Thread Owner

This is the PC one: KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3

X360: 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB

PS3: 5JKJ3-6TWKS-CSTCT-S3KJJ-FXX3W

redeem inside the extras -> shift menu in Borderlands 2, PC one still worked for me just now. They all have 10k activations each, be quick!

Thanks - Xbox key secured!

It's still not great, but learn the keyboard shortcuts and it's OK. What I wouldn't give for a bog standard drag and drop MMO 'bag' setup.

Totally agree. As Clippa said in the post above, the UI seems to actually be worse in Borderlands 2 than it was in Borderlands! Everything from the backpack to the way you equip/compare weapons/items is just awful.

Keyboard shortcuts? I'm all ears. Do you just mean "m" for map and stuff?

It it just me, or if I press "m" to get map, it doesn't go away again if I press "m" a second time?

No in the menus, Q to drop, E to swap etc. It's pretty inconsistent, crap to drive with a mouse yet doesn't support WASD, where your fingers are 99% of the time. That said, it didn't ever bother me once while I was playing.

I'll try the shortcuts, but I'm really holding out for a mod, to be honest. What do we think the chances are that some bright spark will make some modification to the inventory UI or keyboard mapping? Also, I might try 360 controller to see if the problem just solves itself when I use the input method that the game was obviously designed for (from a UI perspective).

Pitchford has just tweeted Golden Keys for all platforms (360, PS3, PC)

PC one worked for me a couple of minutes ago.

How many are you supposed to get? Like a complete idiot I mistakenly opened the box at L8, thus losing my key and getting a couple of not-that-brilliant handguns. Bah. So I sign up for Shift to get one back then see this and now I've got 3 golden keys somehow. Hooray!

redeem inside the extras -> shift menu in Borderlands 2, PC one still worked for me just now. They all have 10k activations each, be quick!

Cheers, used the PC one, now I've got 3 (!) golden keys (the premier club one, for signing up with Shift and for submitting that code). :wub:

I was just about to have a go at the menus and say they must be shit on a pad too, then mid post I decided to try it with the pad to see how it's supposed to work and now I get it. Weird how it just immediately makes sense on the pad, seems I just wasn't selecting stuff enough with the mouse (kept assuming a highlight by hovering was enough when trying to swap weapons) so it actually works alright.

Pitchford has just tweeted Golden Keys for all platforms (360, PS3, PC)

PC one worked for me a couple of minutes ago.

Worked for me on PC - thanks guys :D

I didn't like sniping in BL1 - yet here I'm loving it. Mostly because my current goto weapon is a sniper rifle that does extra crit damage and BURNS.

Head popping tastic :D

Loving this. The folk I usually play with are all on 360, but I got the PC version. Even just playing with randoms is great. Will need to get some games with people from here, most are well ahead of me though.

In the first game I played as the siren, this time around I fancied a change. Gunzerker it is. Man, it's like playing serious sam.

So I use the Shift key kindly provided on the last page and thought 'OK now I have 2 Golden Keys, let's use one of those babies now' Booya!

I continue my game and spawn into the world and am right beside the Golden Crate. I excitedly open and woohooo there we go, a great Assassin class mod and a great Commando class mod.

I play as Gunzerker.

Fuck.

First real complaint from me, pacing. Just had to give up on the mission "A Dam Fine Rescue" because it kept going on and on and on and on and on and on and on. I was enjoying the game immensely, don't get me wrong and I wasnt struggling at all (except for a few deaths on a boss called Mad Mike who seems to be an almost unfair difficulty spike, with his huge terrain advantage, adds and a one hit kill weapon) but I just wanted a bit of downtime. Maybe it's my age or something, but I find I cant plod through a couple of hours worth of content just to do one quest. I started to wilt and I had to save & quit. I hope it spawns me back at least somewhere fairly near where I left the game but I wouldnt be surprised if I had to trudge through it again.

This game got me back into gaming. Loving it so much.

Went through a dry spell of being bored gaming but this is just pure joy.

I killed a guy the other night and I'm sure I heard him say 'It's only a flesh wound'.

I have a Jacob sniper rifle with 120% critical damage and it's headshotagogo

Only at level 12 but it's fun. Some missions are overly long and you can't save in between without fighting your way through everything but that's ok. Just means I need to stay on the Xbox till it's done.

Just finished up 'the man who would be slab' - kinda wasn't expecting that reveal, but it made me smile nonetheless.

Afterwards, how many of you shot the bandit who came out and started slow-clapping whilst sarcastically congratulating you on killing all his comrades? I know I did. Lovely little touch, that.

Also, Vladof slag machine pistols are my new favourite guns. Good damage, tiny recoil - it's so satisfying to unload a full clip into a robot's weak points and watching all those critical hit numbers fly out. Also, I like how most of their guns have names in nadsat, aka the funny future-speak from Clockwork Orange. Real horrorshow 8)

What a fantastic game this is. I've been playing this a bit solo, but mostly in co-op and it's with friends I love to play games with this game really shines.

Last night I had more fun with BL2 and a friend, than I've had with any other game since, well, I dunno when. If the game can keep on being as good as the parts I've alredy played, this will be THE game of this greneration, for me.

Enjoying this, but had to switch it off after nearly an hour wasted, along with over $1k in cloning fees and I'm still no closer to killing

Doc Mercy

:(

I'm obviously doing something wrong: Zero, level 10, hitting him with a fire proc +120 crit damage sniper rifle, can get him down to about a quarter of life, but he just keeps on replenishing over and over and over :(

Enjoying this, but had to switch it off after nearly an hour wasted, along with over $1k in cloning fees and I'm still no closer to killing

Doc Mercy

:(

I'm obviously doing something wrong: Zero, level 10, hitting him with a fire proc +120 crit damage sniper rifle, can get him down to about a quarter of life, but he just keeps on replenishing over and over and over :(

I did him in co-op and he was easy as hell. We took turns in kiting him, while the other shot him from behind\backstabbed him. I'm guessing a good tactic would be to use your assassin special skill to stab him in the back for maximum damage

I've tried doing that Rayn, but the problem I've found is that his health just regenerates too quickly. I'm probably just crap, truth be told :(

And I can't do it co-op, because I'm billy no-mates (well, Spork is one of a massive two on my friends list but he's always playing Torchlight 2, the filthy harlot).