Advice on some games

So I've sold a load of Blu-Rays and am going to treat myself to some games.

Im already getting Descent and two expansions for Memoir 44, but would like to know about the following?

Rallyman

Rory's Story Cubes

Roll Through the Ages

Stone Age

Agricola

Which Descent? Which Memoir 44 expansions?

I only really know of Rory's Story Cubes. It sounds interesting but seems more of a creative toy for kids than a game.

I just noticed Rallyman today. I was going to research that once the missus relinquishes MY laptop.

All excellent, get the lot.

What? You want more info? OK...

Rallyman - incredibly underrated racing game with an interesting mechanic behind it, allowing you to really feel like you're controlling how you drive. Slow and steady or fast and reckless? Up to you. Comes with the world's teeniest cars.

Rory's Story Cubes - less of a game, more of an imagination engine. Brilliant with small people (or drunk large ones).

Roll Through The Ages - I *love* this one. Civilisation building in less than half an hour. Plus it's all made out of wood!

Stone Age - Really good entry-level Euro. I've kind of had my time with it, but don't mind busting it out for an occasional play.

Agricola - Divisive in the extreme. The game that all Ameritrash lovers point to in order to say how crap Euros are. The game Euro lovers point to in order to say how amazing Euros are. Personally, I like it, but I'm crap at it. Probably a good sign!

Stone Age still gets played quite a bit in our house. You use workers to gather resources, which are then used to get buildings (which give you benefits during the game) and civilization cards (which enhance your score at the end of the the game). You also need to make sure you gather enough food to feed your people each round, or you lose major points. It's a great gateway strategy game, and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous. The dice cup is made of leather!

I love Agricola but it doesn't get played as often as I'd like (wife and kids usually prefer to play something else). It has an immense amount of variation because of the sheer number of occupation and improvement cards in it. There are simpler rules for the 'family' version, and it plays well with any number of players (including solo, luckily for me) because the rules are modified based on the number of people playing. It's good fun, but can be a bit daunting to learn.

Stone Age still gets played quite a bit in our house. You use workers to gather resources, which are then used to get buildings (which give you benefits during the game) and civilization cards (which enhance your score at the end of the the game). You also need to make sure you gather enough food to feed your people each round, or you lose major points. It's a great gateway strategy game, and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous. The dice cup is made of leather!

I love Agricola but it doesn't get played as often as I'd like (wife and kids usually prefer to play something else). It has an immense amount of variation because of the sheer number of occupation and improvement cards in it. There are simpler rules for the 'family' version, and it plays well with any number of players (including solo luckily for me) because the rules are modified based on the number of people playing. It's good fun, but can be a bit daunting to learn.

In the end I got Quarriors, Agricola, Roll Through The Ages and Memoir 44 Eastern Pack

Along with Descent and Battleship Galaxies I have more than enough to keep me going

• Upvote 1