rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
strider

Quarriors

Contents you say?

CIMG0509.jpg

CIMG0507.jpg

It's very nicely produced, the tin is lovely and so is the art. The dice are well made but some of the numbers & symbols are super tiny

The missus has already taken issue with the "inferior" dice bags that came with the game (long story but she's pretty good with a sewing machine and has made me little baggies for game bits and Magic life markers over the years)

• Upvote 6

Yeah, they're the only slightly less than awesome component - Steph has a beautiful dice bag made by Dragon Chow and in comparison the bundled ones are a bit meh. The game is bloody great though :D

Feel free to merge it with Quarriors. I just wanted to make sure it gets seen.

If you have the primordial Ooze that has strength based on the quiddity in your active and used areas, does it die when you have no dice in your bag and have to add new ones? Surely it does as I can't see how it would die otherwise.

Sadly not.

This type of Ooze has attack and defense based on the amount of quiddity in your used pool and active pool.

Say you are about to draw 6 new dice and there are only 2 in your bag, does it die because you are putting the used die in your bag, or do the 2 die in your current active pool count? I'm guessing not because you haven't rolled them yet.

Sadly not.

This type of Ooze has attack and defense based on the amount of quiddity in your used pool and active pool.

Say you are about to draw 6 new dice and there are only 2 in your bag, does it die because you are putting the used die in your bag, or do the 2 die in your current active pool count? I'm guessing not because you haven't rolled them yet.

Why would it die? I think you're thinking of Magic the Gathering, where at anytime a creature is reduced to zero toughness it dies. I didn't see any such rule in Quarriors, I think it's simply a 0/0 creature (i.e. useless)

The rules of this game are super super simple, I think it's just this card and a couple of other that have strange "edge conditions"

Why would it die? I think you're thinking of Magic the Gathering, where at anytime a creature is reduced to zero toughness it dies. I didn't see any such rule in Quarriors, I think it's simply a 0/0 creature (i.e. useless)

The rules of this game are super super simple, I think it's just this card and a couple of other that have strange "edge conditions"

Nope. Here's what it says.

?= The number of Basic Quiddity Dice in your Used Pile and Active Pool (combined). If you have no Basic Quiddity Dice in play, Primordial Ooze is destroyed.

Edit LOL just by reading that I realise it means just the original dice (we were cuonting every Quiddity symbol, making him insanely powerful).

Managed one 2 player game last night with the missus. Didn't take any much nagging to persuade her to play it, as I recall shell might have offered :faints:

It's nice and quick to play without the normal slow ramp-up of other deckbuilders I've played (Dominion, Thunderstone and Resi), the rules are very simple and it's a lot of fun.

I know I've only played it once, but I'm not sure there's much in the way of tactical depth, I couldn't see any dice/cards that would combo well together or much in the way of neat strategies. Maybe that will come with subsequent plays.

Me and Paula played 3 or 4 games this morning and both found it FUCKING AMAZING. Portal+reroll burst (on the initial minion die) = hilarity. The combos are in there, you just need to get different types out to play with. it's fucking awesome.

Question: if you get an Assitant with a re-roll on it and a Portal die does that mean that once you've rolled the Portal for 1/2 extra dice you can use the Assistant re-roll to roll it again and get 1/2 more dice should it fall that way?

Question: if you get an Assitant with a re-roll on it and a Portal die does that mean that once you've rolled the Portal for 1/2 extra dice you can use the Assistant re-roll to roll it again and get 1/2 more dice should it fall that way?

No. I don't think so.

You spend the portal die to use it's ability, so it's in the discard pile by the time you draw the second assistant

Well that's how I've played it

EDIT: double checked the rules, page 3, it states you "spend" the dice to get the portal dice's draw effect

Sound the Quarrior alarm!

Paul at Boardgameguru just emailed me saying he's got more stock and has held a copy back for me in case I wanted it! What a nice chap! :wub: I'm half tempted to get it and sell it on on eBay. But I'm not a gouging bastard!

I'll let it go, but if you get in there quick you might grab it, or one of the other copies he's got.

paul@boardgameguru.co.uk