IGNORED

The Random Game Video Thread

Nespresso

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't like that his approach is "stop selling to kids, pander to meeee", it's incredibly shortsighted. Like there's fuck all for kids and shitloads of stuff aimed squarely at 35 year olds in this industry already, it's like a lot of people want to kick the ladder out of the treehouse so the dads can have it to themselves.

And it's not like Sega haven't absolutely exploited their older fans nostalgia through retro-callbacks like Sonic Generations, but it's no recipe for success as shown by Sonic 4. A kid-focused Saturday morning cartoon redesign like Boom was exactly what the series needed, it's just they fucked up the actual game development.

On top of that the animated series of Pac-Man helped bring the character to a new generation of people, a new generation who now get to play as him in Smash Bros. Animated films/series for kids is the way to go with those franchises because we are at the point now where most kids wouldn't have played the original Sonic/Pac-Man/Ratchet & Clank games.

If anything they could learn a thing or two from his approach to gameplay/combat which does sound a pretty good.

I'm not a fan of the redesign either (seems to me he's been playing Rayman an awful lot) but otherwise I think he's got some solid points.

• 2 weeks later...