Let's start the madness...

squirtle

FFX-2 has scored higher than X, because it is much, much, much, much more FUN!

And better, and prettier and ACE!

In typical girly fashion, you only like it cause it let's you change clothes mid battle like some kind of fucked up Christine Aguliera gig! :huh:

As someone said recently FF:XBV!

I just got a Beresrker dress sphere, it's like a little Viking outfit.

It's gorgeous.

Seriously though, it is excellent.

I just hope it isn't completely ignored by the crzay people that didn't like X.

Its the only PS2 game I definitely do want that I can think of at the minute.

The Counter Strike score is to high. I bought this game when it came out and was really excited about it. Imagine my disapointment. It really is (in no way) better than Rainbow 6 3. Its a badly animated, shallow, muliplayer shooter.

I disagree with EDGE now and then the same as everyone, but giving Counter Strike such a high score really does make me think their losing the plot. Anyone can see this game for what it is. A dated pc port that should have stayed where it was. Its a shame.

Cheers :::...

However, when you went on to describe it it seems the UK version (or whichever they reviewed) is VERY different to the Japanese version I've had for ages (which is Jetters - yes I checked the box!).

I think they have actually reviews the new Bomberman Jetters for the GBA that was released on the sixteenth of October, 2003. ) It's a shame, though, as it looked good...

Which issue is this? It's impossible to tell from the content of the threads...

I'm starting to believe this is more of a criticism on the quality of the posts in this thread rather than an actual question...

10/10 :o

I think the discussion about Edge has actually made me tired of the mag itself...no wonder they closed the forums down... I already know the scores, the basic content, and have already had any opinions I might have formulated expressed on ehre about five times to be met by oposing ideas, with an underlying theme of *ner-ner-ner-...can't hear you.....con't hear you*...

The Counter Strike score is to high. I bought this game when it came out and was really excited about it. Imagine my disapointment. It really is (in no way) better than Rainbow 6 3. Its a badly animated, shallow, muliplayer shooter.

i don't feel that way at all. it's much faster and smoother than RS3 (which i love too). it's more arcadey but not shallow. come up against a crew who really know their tactics and you'll realise just how deep it is.

p.s. i didn't agree with their RS3 score either, it's an 8 for me easily and much better than CS in single player. then again why would you buy CS for single player?

Anyway, mine turned up today with a free copy of OPS2M bundled with it.

I really hope mine doesn't. They did that once before and it really annoyed me. Are Future so desperate to shift OPS2M that they have to resort to sending free copies out to a blatantly unsuitable audience?

Yes, what on earth would the readers of a computer games magazine want with a computer games magazine??!?!?!

THE IMBECILES!!!

:o

In typical girly fashion, you only like it cause it let's you change clothes mid battle like some kind of fucked up Christine Aguliera gig! :lol:

I want it. :o

No really. It's the only FF game (apart from that Tactics Advance dullathon) I've been interested in for years.

It's brilliant, you won't regret it.

It's funny, charming, the story and structure is really good, and you can access the whole map right form the start.

The only bad thing is the new game, Sphere Break.

It's maths with a time limit!

But i'm ace at it now.

Say again?

And this is what you call, fun?

Teacher: You boy, Ikaruga - answer this question. What the square root of 10,456 minus the circumference in mm around pluto, times how many occasions in which i'm going to bum you in the gob today?

Little Ikaruga: Erm..erm...erm..err...

Teacher: Answer boy! We haven't got all day, Answer the question!

Little Ikaruga: *Passes Out*

NOT my idea of fun. Changing the clothes sounds cool though.

In typical girly fashion, you only like it cause it let's you change clothes mid battle like some kind of fucked up Christine Aguliera gig! :lol:

No really. It's the only FF game (apart from that Tactics Advance dullathon) I've been interested in for years.

It's funny, charming, the story and structure is really good, and you can access the whole map right form the start.

But i'm ace at it now.

Say again?

And this is what you call, fun?

Teacher: You boy, Ikaruga - answer this question. What the square root of 10,456 minus the circumference in mm around pluto, times how many occasions in which i'm going to bum you in the gob today?

Little Ikaruga: Erm..erm...erm..err...

Teacher: Answer boy! We haven't got all day, Answer the question!

Little Ikaruga: *Passes Out*

NOT my idea of fun. Changing the clothes sounds cool though.

well, you only have to do it once if you want!

Basically, you have a core sphere, with a number on.

Say, 8.

That number is surrounded by 4 numbered coins.

You have to start the game using one of these.

That, again is surrounded by coins.

You need to add coins together to make 8, or multiples of 8.

Each game has a set quota of coins to fill, and a set number of turns with a time limit.

For example, you have 15 turns, a time limit per turn of 45 seconds, and a quota of 50 coins.

You have to succesfully reach the required number each turn, or loose the game.

Coins disappear each round, and as you use them.

You can build up multipliers for your quota by using the same amount of coins each turn to make the core number.

It's a bastard when your opponent has one as his core sphere number, it knackers up your m,ultiplier and makes it much much harder to win.

I've really got into it now, and it can get quite tense.

You know, I can't recall any 'Horace in the Park' game.

Hungry Horace, check.

Horace goes Skiing, check.

Horace and the Spiders, check.

Horace in the Park..um..

Release the hounds Rygal. I couldn't recall it either.

To the best of my knowledge Horace has not frequented any urban play areas.

Hungry Horace, check.

Horace in the Park..um..

Horace in the Park draws a blank here too.

Tell me though, I do remember playing some Horace games. Did they ever grace the beige wonder that was the C64?

Hungry Horace, check.

Horace in the Park..um..

Tell me though, I do remember playing some Horace games. Did they ever grace the beige wonder that was the C64?

horacegoesskiing.gif

Horace goes Skiing: Beam Software

hungry_horace_01.gif

And Hungry Horace. I didn't know they appeared on the C64 until just know.

Hungry Horace, check.

Horace in the Park..um..

horacegoesskiing.gif

Horace goes Skiing: Beam Software

Marvellous! :o

Hungry Horace, check.

Horace in the Park..um..

Could it have been released with a different title? "Horace Goes Cottaging"?

Actually, I seem to recall that there may be another Horace game, although I'm not really sure. I will meditate over this tonight in my darkened "Interface 2" room, humming the music from Fairlight.

I am sure this is what it was called. On each level the gameplay seemed to change to a different style, with one level being a pacman stlye affair. :o

Re. the Manhunt thang:

Yes, the first 5 or 6 levels are rather tedious and consist solely of hide in shadow, wait for bad dude to turn his back on you, walk up and execute, repeat...

BUT

...once you get to the mall and get some handguns, the game starts becoming really frickin' tense and brilliant and basically turns into a playable John Carpenter movie. I was completely unimpressed at first but the atmosphere kept me (just) interested enough to persevere and it does become ace, with some of the best gunfights/battles in gaming ever. Plus Brian Cox is frickin' fabulous in it.

But yeah, it means sticking it out for several levels of dullness first, if you can be bothered...

Cheers for that, Ulala - I was getting a bit bored of Manhunt and was about to jump into the thread screaming, "A fucking 8 outta 10?!! Bollocks!".

Thing is, I've only got as far as that bit where you're dropping the fridge on scumbag's heads.

You've just convinced me to keep playing. Cheers! :o

But i'm ace at it now.

Suddenly I'm not interested.

Maths within a time limit. It can't be harder than what I do anyway, sounds fun.

This month's Redeye column would really mess someone up who was new to the magazine, they'd wouldn't know he is being hilariously (okay, 'quite funnily') ironic.

Trigger Happy is decent this month. It's about time people started saying 'OI I don't have time to play all this junk I'm fed, I have better things to do. And this doesn't mean I'm not hardcore'.

Thing is, I've only got as far as that bit where you're dropping the fridge on scumbag's heads.

You've just convinced me to keep playing.  Cheers!  :o

As you have too. This I've gotta see!

They got the manhunt score wrong.

It should have got ELEVEN.

spelt out like that as well.

I'll probably change my mind when the next ace game comes along though, but at the moment, manhunt is teh best.