IGNORED

StarFox Armada

Jack

To keep the earlier topic I made full of gushing admiration for the N64 classic, let's start a new topic about what we want to see in the GC update.

• Transforming fighters, Macross style. It was planned for StarFox 2, but nothing came of it. Who wouldn't enjoy speeding along, then dropping to the ground and blasting stuff with a beam rifle?
  • 8 player LAN, Star Fox versus Star Wolf. You know you'd love it.
  • A decent cockpit view.
  • Multiple routes through levels. StarFox 64 touched on this, offering different exits. I'd like to see more of this.
  • More intelligent enemy AI. The bosses in StarFox 64 followed set patterns, when some of them could have done a lot more. The end boss of Sector Y, with the twin mecha, could have been a lot better. One mecha acts a decoy, leading you around, whilst the second fires at you from behind.
  • More weaponry for the Arwings than just bombs and laser. I'd like to see micromissile launchers for taking out multiple targets (Still using the great lock-on system from StarFox 64, mind you), as well as a beam saber if the mecha mode is included.
  • The ability to give wingmen orders during missions. Stay back and offer covering fire, or act as a decoy to enemy troops.
  • More air force back up. The Katina level was great, with the air force there taking on enemy ships. I'd like to see this expanded upon, say with a tactical option to take backup fighters in with you to a level.

To keep the earlier topic I made full of gushing admiration for the N64 classic, let's start a new topic about what we want to see in the GC update.
  • Transforming fighters, Macross style. It was planned for StarFox 2, but nothing came of it. Who wouldn't enjoy speeding along, then dropping to the ground and blasting stuff with a beam rifle?
  • A decent cockpit view.
  • Multiple routes through levels. StarFox 64 touched on this, offering different exits. I'd like to see more of this.
  • More intelligent enemy AI. The bosses in StarFox 64 followed set patterns, when some of them could have done a lot more. The end boss of Sector Y, with the twin mecha, could have been a lot better. One mecha acts a decoy, leading you around, whilst the second fires at you from behind.
  • More weaponry for the Arwings than just bombs and laser. I'd like to see micromissile launchers for taking out multiple targets (Still using the great lock-on system from StarFox 64, mind you), as well as a beam saber if the mecha mode is included.
  • The ability to give wingmen orders during missions. Stay back and offer covering fire, or act as a decoy to enemy troops.
  • More air force back up. The Katina level was great, with the air force there taking on enemy ships. I'd like to see this expanded upon, say with a tactical option to take backup fighters in with you to a level.

So basically multi-player Macross + beam saber in Star Fox clothing?

• A decent cockpit view.

Chou-jikuu Yousai Macross - 8

Sorted.

The Katina level was great

Do you mean Sector X ?

If so, then NO NO NO. She fucking destroyed my chances of a gold medal every single FUCKING TIME.

If you meant the...err, toxic planet then that's fine.

I mean the Independence Day level.

DON'T FUCK IT UP!

please.

this is one series i really don't want ruining. :o

too late. unless the game has changed dramatically from the terrible footage.

Yeah, my wishlist involves ...

• Not looking like ass
  • Having .. ships, which you use to shoot each other
  • Not letting Fox get out of said ship
  • Did I mention not looking like ass?