IGNORED

Gregory Horrible Game

Elbo

What annoys me most about Gregory Horror Show, is that you have 1 puzzle per guest, and there are only 12 guests. Each puzzle is shockingly simplistic and listening in on characters gives you completely obvious advice. The game is over just when you think it should be getting more complicated. And an item box with limited inventory? Please kill this idea now.

Avoid like plague.

Whatever happened to good old point and click adventures?

Much as I like the idea of the game, it all feels a little flat. It's obviously aimed at kids (although there is some adult humour in there), and I'm sure that kids would love it (my daughter certainly does), but it doesn't do much for me. It's too simple, not at all engaging, and just a bit... vapid. I was so looking forward to it as well, after reading the Edge review :o

Much as I like the idea of the game, it all feels a little flat. It's obviously aimed at kids (although there is some adult humour in there), and I'm sure that kids would love it (my daughter certainly does), but it doesn't do much for me. It's too simple, not at all engaging, and just a bit... vapid. I was so looking forward to it as well, after reading the Edge review :o

Well, it is the game of a Japanese children's cartoon...

It's one of those games I feel I should like, but don't.

This ones going to be traded, it just isn't doing anything for me.

How much? :o

I only paid £18 for it at Play, but the numpty that works at the local Game will no doubt give me more at trade-in (I always wait for the gormless twat :lol: ).

..and not being able to work out where those figures are coming from in my room..

Definately worth the £20, and i'd imagine collectable later on?

I think the figures appear when you fill in a character's schedule to some degree of completedness (sorry to be vague, but I wasn't paying too much attention at what point *exactly* the figures appeared).

Agreed that it's not everyone's cup of char, but provided you're a fan of quirky puzzle/adventure games, I'd highly recommend this. I think you're right about the collectability too - the game might end pretty quickly but the memories of the lizard nurse changing me will stick around (no pun) for a lot longer! :(

This is how gaming should be... interesting and unique, promoting a good reaction (for or against), and cheap enough that even if you don't like it, you don't feel too upset :ph34r:

Me (to girlfriend): Ooh, I'd really like Gregory Horror Show for Christmas.

Girlfriend: Right, I'll go get it.

----------------------------------------

Girlfriend (to Game Employee): I'd like a copy of Gregory Horror Show, please.

Game Employee: Nah love, not out until March. Next!

Girlfriend: But it's on your website...

Game Employee: Nah. Next!

Girlfriend: You really are a fucking cock, aren't you?

----------------------------------------

The Lesson? There isn't one really. Possibly 'always buy online'. Anyway. I still want it.

Whatever happened to good old point and click adventures?

It's called Broken Sword 3, out now for PC, XBox & PS2!!!!

Except Broken Sword isn't a point 'n' click adventure at all. Block-sliding puzzles in a Broken Sword game... :P

Was Stupid Invaders the last true console Point 'n' Click game?