IGNORED

Rllmuk racing wheel thread

TommyG

They're seriously nice pedals, and seeing as Fanatec continue to offer compatibility with their wheels the demand amongst sim racers is pretty high. A heck of a lot of folks I raced (badly) against in iRacing use the Fanatec wheel/G25 pedal combination.

Plus, Logitech never sold them separately either, so if you want to get the pedals these days then usually you have to get the wheel too.

Nice one LeChuck, I am jelly.

In other news, I thought Id let you guys know how I got on with that MS Wheel bearing mod that I posted about a page or two ago.

Unfortunately it didn't go brilliantly - on opening it all up I soon discovered that my circuit board layout was different to the accompanying video that came from the guy who sent the new bearing. I got round this though with some screw removal and eventually fitted the new part (avec a splash of WD40) - it was snug and all was looking good.

Started putting everything back together and thought I would just get all the electronics hooked up and test the thing before putting the outer casing back on. Immediately I could sense there was going to be an issue though as the wheel wasn't turning easily at all. Sticking on a game and it was clear that the cogs were all now too snug up next to each other and the motor wasn't able to influence the movement of the wheel in the way that it would normally.

Anyway, long story short, after some faffing with loosening screws etc it became clear that I was better off with the old bearing so proceeded to undo all my hard work and go back to where I started :facepalm:

To be fair I think the guy will give me a refund, and the mod does seem to have worked brilliantly for others. On my wheel though it just made all the cogs squash up too closely to the motor for it to work and for the wheel to move smoothly. I think ive managed to get everything back together and working as it was before (actually this in itself seems to have firmed up the feel of the wheel - maybe it just needed some internals tightening) so nothing lost other than a couple of hours.

It has made me think again about a new wheel purchase though. I might be the next person on ebay hunting for G25 pedals. I've just been offered and accepted a new job today so a Fanatec could be a nice reward :eyebrows:

Now when did they say the CSR Elite was coming out again...

You get a free g25 adapter with the CSR, i asked them about this.

that's interesting, it says on their site you don't get one, so i've just asked them again for confirmation.

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=100&osCsid=432f9bfb24f03e1cc2fe66b4a5a08d26

getting fed up of having to change wheels to play different games so might order one of them. although they're about the same price as the rest of the forcefeedback wheels i've bought over the last 10 years put together, and they all had pedals! :unsure:

that's interesting, it says on their site you don't get one, so i've just asked them again for confirmation.

Yeah i spotted that the other day, it definitely said it was free when i ordered and they even confirmed it in an email, don't know why they've changed their tune.

What do you guys think that wireless 360 wheel will be like? I defo don't have the money for a better wheel or space for that matter. I would consider getting it but wouldn't want to be forking for it to end up being absolute shite. Plus I reckon it looks like it has the potential to wreck your arms having to hold it out for 30 or so laps of a race.

What do you guys think that wireless 360 wheel will be like? I defo don't have the money for a better wheel or space for that matter. I would consider getting it but wouldn't want to be forking for it to end up being absolute shite. Plus I reckon it looks like it has the potential to wreck your arms having to hold it out for 30 or so laps of a race.

Not much in the way of reviews out there yet, just clocked this one:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-20117453-48/xbox-360-wireless-speed-wheel-bridges-gap-between-casual-hard-core/

Seems positive enough. I'm still totally baffled by the lack of left and right bumper buttons though.

Edit: no headset jack too!? The fuck?

Hmm, not so positive after all.

Another review:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-xbox-360-wireless-speed-wheel-213215.phtml

Hmm. No headset connection, mangled arms/back from holding the thing and no bumper buttons to map DRS to. I may have to pass on this. Cheers for finding the reviews Geldra

Indeed, from the sounds of it it actually plays pretty well but the omission of the bumpers and headset jack is a killer.

^ look for the old MS one on ebay maybe?

Yeah i spotted that the other day, it definitely said it was free when i ordered and they even confirmed it in an email, don't know why they've changed their tune.

preorder bonus maybe! anyway yeah i got confirmation they're no longer included so ordered one separately even though they look pretty easy to make.

it'd be good to hear your impressions when it arrives :)

^

preorder bonus maybe! anyway yeah i got confirmation they're no longer included so ordered one separately even though they look pretty easy to make.

it'd be good to hear your impressions when it arrives :)

I wish! Got another email today saying they're sorry they gave the wrong info and they'll send me one for 15 euros, the cheeky gits. Looks like i'm getting a 250 euro paperweight delivered soon.

I wish! Got another email today saying they're sorry they gave the wrong info and they'll send me one for 15 euros, the cheeky gits. Looks like i'm getting a 250 euro paperweight delivered soon.

yeah that's pretty crappy, thay should have sent you a free one or something. there's a pinout diagram here which i was thinking of trying but the two diagrams on that site don't match and people mention it doesn't work so...bit risky maybe.

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=1412

Fanatec GT2 and Clubsport pedals mounted on a Wheelstand Pro. Obviously they are very, very good and work on all three main formats.

Before that I had a budget Logitech jobbie (Driving Force GT), which for the money I paid (around £50 from Argos) was a superb match to GT5.

Quoting a semi old post here, but I am curious... how stable the thing is when clamped to the Wheelstand Pro? Because it sounds like you're expected to screw it on. The clamp kinda sucks, and the wheelstand doesn't have mount points for a Fanatec wheel.