Rllmuk racing wheel thread

23 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Both @Meers and I have Fanatec CSRs we're looking to sell, this wheel:

image.png.c73cf8bf9643d5f820e8cb3f415d8996.png

Would make a nice upgrade if anyone has a T150 or equivalent!

Whats it compatible with?

Just now, SharkyOB said:

PC, XBox 360 and some PS3 games, so basically PC at this point (without an additional adaptor).

It's not compatible with PS3 games I don't think. However, it is compatible with PCars 2 on PS4 through the in-game menu.

Hello! Let's talk cockpits!

I am thinking of a more long term solution that isn't my Playseat challenge. Anyone got a T slot rig they like / dislike? Curious to hear some real word thoughts outside of YT.

I've been looking at the GT1-EVO from Simlab and the TR8020 from Track Racer. And (maybe) splurging on something like this to go with it.

https://www.corbeau-seats.com/product/corbeau-sportline-rxi-elite-low-base-reclining-bucket-seat/

Would be about a grand, which is a lot but pretty much the same as a playseat F1.

Just now, davejm said:

Fanatec and Thrustmaster have confirmed their wheels are, not sure about Logitech.

Whoa, and last gen we all had to buy new wheels! Back then the claim was that the frequencies of the new consoles were different (for XBone at least) causing the CSR to not be compatible. 

Hmm... something occured to me. We have 2 threads for sim racing - the racing wheel thread for, well, steering wheels and Sim Racing Central where rigs and games and everything regarding sim racing is being discussed.

Would it be handy if we merge the two or keep it as it is?

38 minutes ago, Meers said:

Come to think of it...do we know if the current wheels out there are or will be compatible with the XS S|X and PS5?

33 minutes ago, davejm said:

Fanatec and Thrustmaster have confirmed their wheels are, not sure about Logitech.

Just to confirm / elaborate, my CSL Elite works on both PS5 and Series X with the following things noticed (though I have yet to see if there is a new firmware available since I don't PC game, so not connected the wheel to a PC recently).

PS5 (well, PS4 games on PS5, I don't own any PS5 specific racing games)

ACC - PS4 games on PS5 works fine and feels great.

GT Sport - has a small issue I never experienced on PS4, where occasionally, it's like the game keeps sending a signal, and the wheel keeps turning.  It's only happened 2 or 3 times, and I've played maybe 6 or 7 hours.  Happens sometimes when a host changes lobby settings and you are forced out of the practice session and into the lobby, and once when I returned to the pits via pause menu.  It was resolved by rebooting the wheel (long...) or returning to track (shorter).

Series X

Forza Horizon worked perfectly, no issues.

ACC works, but the game has a bug and FFB is properly weak.

Forza Motorsport 7, couldn't get it to work with this, haven't gone back since to try to be honest.

If there is interest, I can try other titles, I have Dirt 5 on Series X (though I'll likely play it with pad!), and WRC 8 (I don't own 9) loaded on there to try at some point.

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Hmm... something occured to me. We have 2 threads for sim racing - the racing wheel thread for, well, steering wheels and Sim Racing Central where rigs and games and everything regarding sim racing is being discussed.

Would it be handy if we merge the two or keep it as it is?

Would be better to merge I'd say, and have a general sim racing thread.

Just now, davejm said:

Would be better to merge I'd say, and have a general sim racing thread.

I'm not sure, I think having hardware discussions in one place and software in another is useful, but there will always be crossover.  Seems to work fine as it is to me.

Well it's no major bother, because posting in two threads isn't a hardship... but I was merrily posting in the sim racing thread about hardware for a good while and now there seems to be this other thread about wheels... which I think existed from before the general sim racing thread and was bumped.  So there's similar conversations being had in two places.

8 minutes ago, davejm said:

Well it's no major bother, because posting in two threads isn't a hardship... but I was merrily posting in the sim racing thread about hardware for a good while and now there seems to be this other thread about wheels... which I think existed from before the general sim racing thread and was bumped.  So there's similar conversations being had in two places.

The Sim Racing Central thread was my doing when I came back from a hiatus. I didn't realise at the time there already was a racing wheel thread, so when I didn't find a sim racing thread after a bit of searching I decided to start started the SRC thread. And then the wheel thread was bumped indeed.

Oh well.

My racing seat has given up the ghost. It had a good stint and many a win was taken using it (including all my RLLMUK F1 league wins!).

So, I am looking at a Playseat. My head says this:

playseat-evolution-black_1__3.jpg.25739242c52e8fc3d3621b5b982b4b7b.jpg

My heart, however, says this:

playseat-formula-black-front.png.9d08c88936f188cd76f458d6b2f38344.png

My heart does usually win out when it comes to things like this...

On 03/12/2020 at 12:45, kiroquai said:

My racing seat has given up the ghost. It had a good stint and many a win was taken using it (including all my RLLMUK F1 league wins!).

So, I am looking at a Playseat. My head says this:

playseat-evolution-black_1__3.jpg.25739242c52e8fc3d3621b5b982b4b7b.jpg

My heart, however, says this:

playseat-formula-black-front.png.9d08c88936f188cd76f458d6b2f38344.png

My heart does usually win out when it comes to things like this...

2nd hand ones are cheap as chips so might be an option

Not easy to post so if you live close enough to go pick it up you could get a bargain, as a lot are collection only. 
 One of those F1 style ones went dirt cheap on eBay a few weeks ago, but was on the south coast so a bit too far for me

also I think the threads should be merged

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2020 at 16:51, Junker said:

Anyone with a t300 got an opinion on ffb settings? Specifically GT Sport and the detailed settings in game for Force feedback torque and sensitivity? Especially sensitivity as I honestly don’t know what  difference it makes

Having recently upgraded to the t300, I've just run it as is out of the box.

What I am wondering is if the bt led display is worth adding to the open wheel add on, or is it just a bit pimp?

2 hours ago, marsh said:

Having recently upgraded to the t300, I've just run it as is out of the box.

What I am wondering is if the bt led display is worth adding to the open wheel add on, or is it just a bit pimp?

That’s a no then

OK PC racers - looks like I'll have a chunk of cash post Xmas/Birthday.  Lucky me.

I'm considering upgrading my PC wheel and pedals.  I don't need it to work on Xbox or PS5, but if it did, that's a bonus.

I'm currently running a Logitech G29

I think my budget will be about £800.  I already have a dedicated seat/frame combo to mount stuff on... (a GameRacer Pro)

What would be a significant step up?  I'm finding the Fanatec site way too confusing - too many options.  Any pointers appreciated.

56 minutes ago, Valver said:

OK PC racers - looks like I'll have a chunk of cash post Xmas/Birthday.  Lucky me.

I'm considering upgrading my PC wheel and pedals.  I don't need it to work on Xbox or PS5, but if it did, that's a bonus.

I'm currently running a Logitech G29

I think my budget will be about £800.  I already have a dedicated seat/frame combo to mount stuff on... (a GameRacer Pro)

What would be a significant step up?  I'm finding the Fanatec site way too confusing - too many options.  Any pointers appreciated.

Nice!  I'd definitely recommend the Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer, absolutely love mine after spending a bit more time with it last night (and after @davejm had helped me fix an issue I'd caused with it :hug:).  I've tried @SANtoOos's Fanatec CSL Elite wheel, and I'd say the TS-PC is about the same level of wheel.

You'd be able to use your Logitech pedals with it via an adaptor too:

https://www.ricmotech.com/logitech-thrustmaster-pedal-adapter#:~:text=Your Logitech pedals will have,G27%2C G920 or G29 pedals.

I use a set of G25 pedals (with the rubber bung mod on the brake pedal) with mine.

You could also consider getting a HP Reverb G2 VR headset once they're back in stock :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Nice!  I'd definitely recommend the Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer, absolutely love mine after spending a bit more time with it last night (and after @davejm had helped me fix an issue I'd caused with it :hug:).  I've tried @SANtoOos's Fanatec CSL Elite wheel, and I'd say the TS-PC is about the same level of wheel.

You'd be able to use your Logitech pedals with it via an adaptor too:

https://www.ricmotech.com/logitech-thrustmaster-pedal-adapter#:~:text=Your Logitech pedals will have,G27%2C G920 or G29 pedals.

I use a set of G25 pedals (with the rubber bung mod on the brake pedal) with mine.

You could also consider getting a HP Reverb G2 VR headset once they're back in stock :ph34r:

Ta - I'll go take a look at that wheel.

I was wondering if a pedal upgrade with a load cell, might be my best first upgrade actually....  

My Rift does me well for VR - Im not hearing great things about the tracking for the G2, so I think I'll skip a VR upgrade for now.