Rllmuk racing wheel thread

24 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Thanks for the offer, I’m in Essex so not too far but no way to get anywhere. I was looking at a bundle thing as well and am still not sure on the wheel yet but will keep it in mind, much appreciated. 

No worries man. If you did want it, depending on whereabouts in Essex you are, I could possibly even run it over to you. 

Tag me in this thread or DM me any time if you did ever want to try to work something out.

No pressure. It's not going anywhere. Just folded up in a cupboard. 

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Thanks again, followed all this but not launched the game yet. Seems that you can launch the career from the mod program, is that okay to do if I've not even opened/started the campaign yet? Want to try that first but not sure which is safest to launch.

Yep, it's perfectly safe to start the career from the new UI. All the single player menus are there, with lots of bonus settings. It's amazing really. 

2 hours ago, jonathanhoey said:

No worries man. If you did want it, depending on whereabouts in Essex you are, I could possibly even run it over to you. 

Tag me in this thread or DM me any time if you did ever want to try to work something out.

No pressure. It's not going anywhere. Just folded up in a cupboard. 

Thanks again, I've decided to go balls deep though, as is the rllmuk way, and got a wheel and stand with some heft to it. I do appreciate the offer but thought I might as well go all in and spend the cash on one specific. When I had a wheel stand pro before I moved it about occasionally so thought if I'm gonna do it I should go all in.

I got Currys to Price match Box on the TX Leather edition wheel. Expect me to start veering into you all soon.

My T300 has developed a squeak. :angry:

Bought it from Amazon Marketplace pre Brexit from Slovenia. Don’t judge me- lockdown madness, the lack of UK stock and trying to keep competitive in MNRC made me do it!  

Don’t fancy having to return it, and that’s assuming they are up for replacing it, which I doubt. 
 So, I’m either going to try my luck with Thrustmaster direct, or I take the thing apart and try and fix it myself.

10 hours ago, Junker said:

My T300 has developed a squeak. :angry:

Bought it from Amazon Marketplace pre Brexit from Slovenia. Don’t judge me- lockdown madness, the lack of UK stock and trying to keep competitive in MNRC made me do it!  

Don’t fancy having to return it, and that’s assuming they are up for replacing it, which I doubt. 
 So, I’m either going to try my luck with Thrustmaster direct, or I take the thing apart and try and fix it myself.

I had a similar issue with my G920 so opened it up and sprayed some of this in, got rid of the problem straight away. It's effectively WD40 but lasts much longer  Looks like a good vid for it here:

Maybe its expensive because you dont seem to be able to buy the ps4 bases from fanatec any more?

which i guess has saved me some money because i was thinking about upgrading to a ps/xb compatible wheel from them.

41 minutes ago, Junker said:

Well this is not at all terrifying. Can’t find a video that goes all in to where the squeak is. 

Had it in bits, squeak fixed with a bit of grease. All back together and no squeak. All ok except now it doesn’t centre properly :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Junker said:

Had it in bits, squeak fixed with a bit of grease. All back together and no squeak. All ok except now it doesn’t centre properly :unsure:

Make sure that your racing wheel is perfectly centred ; while holding it in this position, press the START, SELECT & MODE buttons simultaneously (SE, ST & MODE buttons on the GT wheel; BO, WET & MODE buttons on the F1 wheel).

The racing wheel's LED briefly changes colour, then reverts to its initial colour.

When you turn it on and off again it should now be recalibrated to that position...

HTH

1 hour ago, Valver said:

Make sure that your racing wheel is perfectly centred ; while holding it in this position, press the START, SELECT & MODE buttons simultaneously (SE, ST & MODE buttons on the GT wheel; BO, WET & MODE buttons on the F1 wheel).

The racing wheel's LED briefly changes colour, then reverts to its initial colour.

When you turn it on and off again it should now be recalibrated to that position...

HTH

@Valver you saved me another google search and a grumpy mood as I’d got a bit bored and fed up with it.
Sincerely -Thank you very much :hug:

Is this a 'kit' like you assemble a kinder egg toy?? buy base unit, source wheel, get suitable pedals etc etc?? We've lowered the price as it's not complete.

Wheel came today. Still waiting on stand which should be any minute now. 

Had a little play and gone through the guessing game of how you’re supposed to get it all working and think I’m nearly there. 

Obviously haven’t had a proper go without stand but initial impressions, versus the 360 wheel I used to have, are that this could break your arm if it wanted. 

She drives super carefully but has better pedal control than me at the moment. I’m a bit all or nothing, adjusting from fingers on triggers. She can keep a consistent 45km/h.