Rllmuk racing wheel thread

She cleaned the oven while I was still in bed this morning so fair enough I suppose. 

Again, not a euphemism I’m afraid. The potential for those passed about 10 years ago. 

Just hit 30 hours game time on Dirt 4 without playing anything else :lol: That probably makes me a pro! Noticed that my G920 has developed an even louder squeak when I turn left and after a good hour of trying to work out what's causing it I've had to give up. Its not too noticelable when you are playing games but it will just wind me up overtime so probably starting looking for a new wheel set soon.

Something weird has happened since I coated this wheel in dubious mounts of GT85.. the handbrake just started working when I press the gear in. Made it to the end of a race and slammed the breaks on to stop but it started reving the engine and driving back. Tried it on several games and it's all fine :o I didn't even touch the pedals.

Been trying Project Cars 2 over and over but couldn't get anywhere in the races. The cars just seemed to stick an identical distance apart until.. I found the difficulty bar in the menu. Altered it down a little bit and suddenly able to enjoy the races, crazy how that was the default difficulty as I almost gave up on it.

There's such a wide range of abilities coming into the game it must be impossible to have a level that would suit everyone. As long as you remembered not to start in the go-karts, anyway, glad you found a way. Are you doing it from the in-car view yet?

16 minutes ago, milko said:

There's such a wide range of abilities coming into the game it must be impossible to have a level that would suit everyone. As long as you remembered not to start in the go-karts, anyway, glad you found a way. Are you doing it from the in-car view yet?

I thought it was broken as I tried a couple of practice courts and no matter how perfectly I drove it was like every other drive was the exact same distance away, felt like I'd need a turbo to get past them. I did start the karts but cancelled out of it, they were a total mess to control! I'm using the bonnet view as no matter which game I play I just can't do the in car one, far too limiting to what you can actually see. If it was VR and you could look around it probably wouldn't be as bad but the frame and dash takes up too much space for me to drive.

Installed AC Comp last night, was a bit worried ti would firce me to set up the wheel like AC but luckily recognises it all from the off. Spent a good hour practising to get used to driving but it's hard :lol: I've been playing rally games for far too long so I'm way to used to throwing the wheel around like there's no tomorrow. Kept crashing like crazy but hoping I will get used to it in time. Don't think I'll be doing any online races soon as I can't do a full race without spinning out.

15 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Installed AC Comp last night, was a bit worried ti would firce me to set up the wheel like AC but luckily recognises it all from the off. Spent a good hour practising to get used to driving but it's hard :lol: I've been playing rally games for far too long so I'm way to used to throwing the wheel around like there's no tomorrow. Kept crashing like crazy but hoping I will get used to it in time. Don't think I'll be doing any online races soon as I can't do a full race without spinning out.

I’m equally shit at ACC if you fancy any practice races. Where are you playing it?

I got PC2 on series X and thought I might get into it until my second race was in the rain at something like 30fps, in enhanced frame rate mode, so I got that shit refunded. 

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

I’m equally shit at ACC if you fancy any practice races. Where are you playing it?

I got PC2 on series X and thought I might get into it until my second race was in the rain at something like 30fps, in enhanced frame rate mode, so I got that shit refunded. 

Just the practice mode at the moment, haven't even started a career as I wanted to finish at least 5 laps without destroying the car :lol: but yeah I'd be up for a race at some point. Reminds me of when I first started playing Dirt 4, was all over the place but now I can skid round the tightest of corners like a pro.

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

I’m doing it the other way round. Done ACC practice until I can stay on the track, if slowly, and now trying to stay on in WRC 9. 

Just done another hour in practice where I was all over the show, was tending to try to keep as fast as possible but I started to realise as I went over it again and again and again and again.. that slowly does it on the corners. Not sure which track I picked but it was the far left one from the options where it has some nice long big straights and only a few short quick turns. Perfect place to learn how to drive properly, I started on Nuremberg which is a nightmare for sharp corners when starting out. Not really sure why it's plonked down as the first practice track as it's extremely difficult. Anyways after bombing around on the first track where I managed to do 5 laps without hitting anything I gave Nuremberg a go which felt a lot more approachable. Only managed a few laps without spinning off to the side but I'm still learning and it will come!

3 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I started on Nuremberg which is a nightmare

it is a bit of a trial, I agree.

Keep at it! Have you noticed your tyre pressures yet? Getting those in the 27-28psi range is like a cheat code for having grip. Except it's not a cheat, it's a really accurate simulation of what the real drivers need to do.

1 minute ago, milko said:

Keep at it! Have you noticed your tyre pressures yet? Getting those in the 27-28psi range is like a cheat code for having grip. Except it's not a cheat, it's a really accurate simulation of what the real drivers need to do.

I might have done.. are they the wheels/suspension in the bottom right that change colour over time? 

wheels and brakes, yeah. The colour is the temperature (green = good, blue = cold, yellow = hot - they'll tend to be a bit bluey at first). As you warm 'em up the PSI will rise a bit, takes about 3 laps usually. If the PSI is not in the 27-28 range you should go into your setup and adjust accordingly. It's a bit of a faff at first but soon becomes second nature.

In my limited experience, pump them all up by one.  I rarely get going fast enough consistently enough to get them there otherwise. 

I’m sure I’ve had them get colder after half a lap. 

On 08/04/2021 at 16:02, milko said:
On 08/04/2021 at 15:57, Lorfarius said:

I started on Nuremberg which is a nightmare

Listen lads, I'm not one to demand attention normally but I was really ever so proud of this one. Lorfarius made an innocent typo of "Nurburgring" and I made a hilarious reference to the post-WW2 trials of the Nazi regime in Nuremberg and I'm not sure anybody's noticed. One pos, and there's a danger that was for the genuine advice that followed. I am hereby resigning from the Committee in protest.

13 minutes ago, milko said:

Listen lads, I'm not one to demand attention normally but I was really ever so proud of this one. Lorfarius made an innocent typo of "Nurburgring" and I made a hilarious reference to the post-WW2 trials of the Nazi regime in Nuremberg and I'm not sure anybody's noticed. One pos, and there's a danger that was for the genuine advice that followed. I am hereby resigning from the Committee in protest.

I got it, don’t worry. 

I don’t always remember that’s pos-ing is a thing. I’ll address it if I hadn’t already. 

EDIT, turns out it was me that had pos-ed it already. It would have been less for the joke than the subtle delivery of it, which you’ve kind of ruined now. Tempted to take it back. 

no no, you were the one that possed it. I don't care about the pos thing at all really, but I was worried people were missing an excellent joke. And I'm totally quitting. 

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

At the risk of being all motorsport fan about this, he could just have been referring to the Norisring.

You leave Lando's ring out of this! 

image.png.dcb9afecd102593961bedc18bc285786.png

Chaos, CHAOS in here! The worst part is I typed it in Google and just copied the spelling over :lol: I should read websearches when I do them!

Sunk a fair bit of time today on Monza track in Italy trying to learn how to drive and to get through 10 clean laps without causing damage. Just done it with 2.02.60 seconds or so as my best lap time in a Lambo Evo. Think when I started it was 6 minutes so that's def an improvement. I've no idea how that compares to anyone else for a practice lap.

I saved the replay but can't figure out a way to export it as a video so will just have to talk through my biggest problem.. the first corner after the stand/crane that flicks right then an immediate left. I've been speeding up to that area at around 245mph then slamming the brakes on and shifting to 2nd then trying to roll around the two corners followed by my speeding up then flying off for the rest of the track.. but watching my own replay it looks ssoo slow whereas everyone else on the AI is flying around there like mad men.. how do I even do that?

I tried a quick practice race against some other cars but the buggers kept hitting me or pushing me off the track into a spin. Didn't think I was ready so went back to my practice laps.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Chaos, CHAOS in here! The worst part is I typed it in Google and just copied the spelling over :lol: I should read websearches when I do them!

Sunk a fair bit of time today on Monza track in Italy trying to learn how to drive and to get through 10 clean laps without causing damage. Just done it with 2.02.60 seconds or so as my best lap time in a Lambo Evo. Think when I started it was 6 minutes so that's def an improvement. I've no idea how that compares to anyone else for a practice lap.

I saved the replay but can't figure out a way to export it as a video so will just have to talk through my biggest problem.. the first corner after the stand/crane that flicks right then an immediate left. I've been speeding up to that area at around 245mph then slamming the brakes on and shifting to 2nd then trying to roll around the two corners followed by my speeding up then flying off for the rest of the track.. but watching my own replay it looks ssoo slow whereas everyone else on the AI is flying around there like mad men.. how do I even do that?

I tried a quick practice race against some other cars but the buggers kept hitting me or pushing me off the track into a spin. Didn't think I was ready so went back to my practice laps.

If you're still talking about ACC times then you could take a look at some of our races at Monza:

Our timings are here for comparison

https://simresults.net/210121-f5g

Come bring this chat to that thread - there will be loads of people there to give you tips/pep talk :-)  Some of the faster guys will even sit in on some of your laps if you do a practice run on the rllmuk server, and give you advice.  Its a super friendly group.