Rllmuk racing wheel thread

28 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Cool, I still have the box so I’ll have a look. Do you have any recommendations for decent cable straps?

In my experience, M6 bolts are almost always the standard for sim racing construction. 

Decent cable straps = tie wraps.

17 hours ago, rafaqat said:

So I managed to get a second hand Thrustmaster TMX Pro.  Comes with a 3 pedal setup off ebay  125 quid.  Not bad.  Anything I should check out when I get it to make sure it's not fooked?

bucket seat setups look quite nice....

Great price! Hook it up to a PC first to update the firmware. In the driver software you can test the wheel's functions as well.

I've just ordered a Playseat challenge which should be with me to tomorrow. Can anyone tell me whether it's packaged with bolts to affix the wheel base or will I have to buy my own? Also, I have a T3PA pedal set and @Junker mentioned that the packaged straps aren't really up to the job of securing them to the frame. Can anyone recommend what cable ties / straps are good to use with the Playseat?

42 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

I've just ordered a Playseat challenge which should be with me to tomorrow. Can anyone tell me whether it's packaged with bolts to affix the wheel base or will I have to buy my own? Also, I have a T3PA pedal set and @Junker mentioned that the packaged straps aren't really up to the job of securing them to the frame. Can anyone recommend what cable ties / straps are good to use with the Playseat?

I’ve got t-lcm pedals so it might be a bit different.
 You do get a big Velcro strap with the Playseat, that might be sufficient? I’d have a look on YouTube and see what you think. If you get the biggest tie wraps you can find, and if they’re not long enough you can daisy chain them to the right length.

50 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Can't the pedals also be hard-mounted with M6 bolts? There are threaded bushings on the bottom of the set if I'm not mistaken. Much better than strapping them, I think.

image.thumb.png.acef9eefd28039b5ab0f7d63c6dfda7c.png

1 hour ago, Count Buffalos said:

It definitely should do, both the stands I've owned came with bolts for attaching the wheel.  The Box listing for the seat mentions they are included and reading online people say they are as well:

https://www.box.co.uk/Playseat-Challenge-Easy-Foldable-Racin_1826752.html

It's weird that the manual doesn't seem to have a list of the contents you should get in the box though!

So the Playseat Challenge arrived and it's actually a decent feeling bit of kit. Despite some online reviews it feels relatively sturdy despite being a slot-together sort of design. The level of adjustment is quite good for what it is and I'm able to find a comfortable position at 6'2". For future reference, 4 M6 bolts are included, as well as a couple of allen keys. Although the pedal set can't be bolted to the frame, the included strap does a good job of keeping the pedals secure enough. However, the strap on its own isn't long enough to wrap around my T3PA pedal set, which is a bit annoying. The manufacturer are obviously aware of this and have included a couple of bits of velcro which can be used to extend the length rather than respec the strap. It's a bit messy but it works ok. The whole thing folds away quite nicely, which is cool if space is at a premium. 

2 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

So the Playseat Challenge arrived and it's actually a decent feeling bit of kit. 

Pics of it all set up please.  Do love a good "here's my sim rig" shot :eyebrows:

55 minutes ago, Valver said:

Pics of it all set up please.  Do love a good "here's my sim rig" shot :eyebrows:

complete with realistic "can open the driver's side window for ventilation" cockpit setup

PXL_20210506_083917126.thumb.jpg.b7616d1797529f203cf5eb6927c87e73.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

looks about as fast as me playing ACC last night :lol:

In other relevant news, I've just finished doing the first coat of black paint on my wooden reinforced pedal box for my sim-rig. 

IMG_20210514_153009-01.jpeg

Looking very good, Valver.

I am thinking of doing something like that with my pedals as well. The CSR elite set is very hard to keep clean, so I want them out of their base and onto a separate plate on my rig base. 

5 hours ago, Valver said:

looks about as fast as me playing ACC last night :lol:

In other relevant news, I've just finished doing the first coat of black paint on my wooden reinforced pedal box for my sim-rig. 

IMG_20210514_153009-01.jpeg

Nice. I use Red springs on the load cell as well. Have you got all the spacers in? I think I’ve left one out. 

Wheel stand PRO and slight wheel upgrade arriving next week 

I ordered a TX, the Ferrari cheappy one. Looking forward changing the Ferrari emblem for a Dacia one.

I'll put my  T150 on the marketplace once I'm happy with the new gear.

On 14/05/2021 at 16:36, Meers said:

The CSR elite set is very hard to keep clean, so I want them out of their base and onto a separate plate on my rig base. 

High five CSR Elite!  F1 2010 vintage.

I took the footplate off recently and found things under there no human should ever see. Naaaasty!

8 hours ago, mexos said:

High five CSR Elite!  F1 2010 vintage.

I took the footplate off recently and found things under there no human should ever see. Naaaasty!

It's still going strong after all those years! Got a CLS Elite wheel now, but I combined the CSR pedals with it. 

And aye regarding the amount of muck it collects over time. Forensic experts would have a field day with it.

TX Arrived, I am very happy with it, it is the Ferrari one, even though reviews say the actual wheel feels cheap I am quite happy with it coming from a T150 which was also fine. Pedals are not impressive, as I expected, but they do the job. Eventually I guess I can upgrade them if I really get into simracing. 

I cant be bothered to set up the PC for now but I am having a great time playing both Assetto Corsa and ACC on the XBOX Series X.

I like that I am perfectly fine and happy playing AC, even though the graphics are outdated and all that. It feels great. 

This week i will receive the Wheel Stand pro similar to @milko's 

28 minutes ago, daifuco said:

TX Arrived, I am very happy with it, it is the Ferrari one, even though reviews say the actual wheel feels cheap I am quite happy with it coming from a T150 which was also fine. Pedals are not impressive, as I expected, but they do the job. Eventually I guess I can upgrade them if I really get into simracing. 

I cant be bothered to set up the PC for now but I am having a great time playing both Assetto Corsa and ACC on the XBOX Series X.

I like that I am perfectly fine and happy playing AC, even though the graphics are outdated and all that. It feels great. 

This week i will receive the Wheel Stand pro similar to @milko's 

The TX is indeed a great wheel; same innards as the T300 which I owned for years and was really happy with.

AC is so easy to mod on PC, you should defo try it out.  Some of the mod cars/tracks are insanely high quality and I can point you towards some really good content if you're interested.

I'm absolutely loving my TX. A workmate might buy my T150 so now I'm start thinking to update the pedals to the T-LCM.

Some reviews say that the pedals feel wobbly. But in Amazon there's so many positive reviews. I wouldn't mind to wait and then get some fanatec.

What do you think of the T-LCM? One positive thing of the thrustmaster pedals is that they are compatible with the Xbox and for the time being I'm happy there to be honest.Learning with  good old vanilla AC and then messing up with ACC

57 minutes ago, daifuco said:

I'm absolutely loving my TX. A workmate might buy my T150 so now I'm start thinking to update the pedals to the T-LCM.

Some reviews say that the pedals feel wobbly. But in Amazon there's so many positive reviews. I wouldn't mind to wait and then get some fanatec.

What do you think of the T-LCM? One positive thing of the thrustmaster pedals is that they are compatible with the Xbox and for the time being I'm happy there to be honest.Learning with  good old vanilla AC and then messing up with ACC

Love my T-LCMs, so glad I upgraded to them a while back. The pedals do move side to side a little bit but you don't notice it while driving, even when using heel and toe. The brake pedal is amazing and has loads of adjustment too. 

I've got an endurance racing team mate now.  Might need the mechanic (who is standing behind) to move the pedal box forwards quite a bit so his feet can reach the pedals.   

IMG_20210522_161309-01.jpeg

12 hours ago, daifuco said:

I bought the leather edition TX but I think it’s the same otherwise. If you want to give it a good run out I recommend Dirt Rally 2. Can be found pretty cheaply. 

AC and ACC are great sims and WRC 9 is good fun and looks nice, but if I want someone to see what the wheel can do and really feel like you’re driving then Dirt Rally 2 is best I find. Let me know if you decide to try it and I’ll send you my settings as it does need adjusting. 

I’m mainly playing that while all the ACC guys are messing about in undriveable GT4s. #bringbackGT3

6 hours ago, Pockets said:

I’m mainly playing that while all the ACC guys are messing about in undriveable GT4s. #bringbackGT3

What?!? Cant hear you over the flat 6 😁

9 hours ago, Pockets said:

Its GT3 week! Grip! Acceleration! The ever-present chance that pressing ‘go’ too hard or too soon will lead to snap oversteer into the nearest wall!

After a few weeks of exclusively driving the GT4 it does seem incredible how well these things go around a corner. They’re just terrifying when it goes wrong. 

9 hours ago, Pockets said:

Come over to the ACC thread and show us what you got in a GT3 this week.:hug:

I’ve got that ->

All that nothing. 

I can at least make them stop though, unlike the GT4s which feel like driving a bus down a hill in the snow at 90mph.