IGNORED

Rllmuk racing wheel thread

TommyG

On 22/05/2021 at 11:33, daifuco said:

I'm absolutely loving my TX. A workmate might buy my T150 so now I'm start thinking to update the pedals to the T-LCM.

Some reviews say that the pedals feel wobbly. But in Amazon there's so many positive reviews. I wouldn't mind to wait and then get some fanatec.

What do you think of the T-LCM? One positive thing of the thrustmaster pedals is that they are compatible with the Xbox and for the time being I'm happy there to be honest.Learning with  good old vanilla AC and then messing up with ACC

Had mine since Feb, really good. Solid build quality- the shell is plastic but it’s got a metal chassis underneath.  Lots of adjustment for the load cell, and also dead zones etc on all 3 pedals. @McSpeed has got them as well. 

I got the TLCM!!!

The break is quite stiff I guess I'll get used? The feel is fantastic but it is quite had to reach the limit. 

I have to put the office chair castors on old trainers because I keep pushing myself backwards 😅

some more info on the new fanatec wheel, the bigger power supply to upgrade it 5nm -> 8nm is pretty expensive ~150 euros, or less if you get it with the wheel, other than that it sounds good (well i'll be waiting for a ps version anyway).

So has anyone pre-ordered a CSL DD then?  The "Wave 1" invites to pre-order have gone out.

I've just had an email saying I'm in Wave 2 for pre-order opportunity. No date on when that might be though.

I think I'll wait for loads of reviews before I do anything though.  I've only recently upgraded to my TS-PC and I'd love to see some comparisons first to know if it's an upgrade or a side-grade.

Just now, Valver said:

So has anyone pre-ordered a CSL DD then?  The "Wave 1" invites to pre-order have gone out.

I've just had an email saying I'm in Wave 2 for pre-order opportunity. No date on when that might be though.

I think I'll wait for loads of reviews before I do anything though.  I've only recently upgraded to my TS-PC and I'd love to see some comparisons first to know if it's an upgrade or a side-grade.

I also had the wave 2 email, so against my better judgement I'm going to pre-order.  I really want to try direct drive, and early impressions seem to suggest they have the same fidelity as a DD1 but without the torque (which is fine for me).  It's the added fidelity that appeals.

In preparation, I've ordered this...

image.thumb.png.5abaec730fdc8f1a6c2c054aeaee93bf.png

I'm stupid really, as my TS-PC is great.  I'm just a sucker for the new gear, and I can afford it... so decided to treat myself.  So hopefully I can get on in the CSL DD second wave.  Worse comes to worse and the lead times are really far out, or I change my mind I'll just sell the wheel separately.

9 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

Fanatec really want me to order one too, but I think I'll wait. I'm only just getting used to my ClubSport 2.5, and the weak part of my set up is still.... me :)

I look forward to your review though @davejm !

I suspect that going from a Clubsport 2.5 would be even more of a side-grade than it likely is for me, coming from TS-PC.

Dunno what I was thinking really!  I can always sell one or the other setups though, so no biggie.

28 minutes ago, Valver said:

Pre-orders are being taken for October delivery arent they @davejm  ?  That's going to be an agonising wait

It said September when I placed the order, but now showing as 19th October.  Need to just forget about it really!

4 hours ago, mexos said:

Yeah me too - I assume you got the second reminder email. Maybe take up hasn't been as mega as they hoped?

Yep, got the “you’re still allowed to order one” email. 

You could be right about the take up. Given how scarce their stock has been recently I would have thought people would be dead keen. 

I think I'm going to wait.  I love my TS-PC and the thought of having to use a different rim (and pay stupid money too) is not appealing at the moment.

The rims are way too expensive for Fanatec's wheel bases!!

How good a supplier is Fanatec? Is this new DD going to be like anything by Analogue and they'll make 5, sell out in preorders, deliver them 18 months later and then forget they ever announced the product?

Or will they be buyable for RRP next day delivery in the same decade as they launch?

I've never owned but don't they usually dodge this by putting the "Licencing" in some other part of the set. 

Eg - the DD will never be PS5 licenced but will totally work on one with the PS5 wheel rim.

They will be releasing a PS4/PS5 version of the DD wheel base.  Sony charge a lot more for the licensing chip than MS, which makes it cost ineffective for Fanatec (and thus the end-customer) to put that chip in wheel rims; hence why it is included in the wheel bases.

I guess sony/ms probably dont allow one product to have compatibility with both systems, so they get round this by selling the wheels with xbox compatibility separate from the bases with ps compatibility.

im another waiting for the ps base. only just got an email for phase 3 preorders so looks like anyone can order now estimated for nov. Looks like the fanatec pedal adapter i have is so old it wont work with this so will probably get the new pedal set too.

36 minutes ago, spatular said:

I guess sony/ms probably dont allow one product to have compatibility with both systems, so they get round this by selling the wheels with xbox compatibility separate from the bases with ps compatibility.

That was my theory.

Another 2 emails from Fanatec today. Calling it now, the whole thing is an exit scam.  :blah:

Hoping they drop some new high end pedals before the end of the year. V3s are ancient now. If I am going to go new DD, then I might as well get new pedals to replace my CSR Elites.

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Another 2 emails from Fanatec today. Calling it now, the whole thing is an exit scam.  :blah:

They did say there would be 3 opportunities to preorder, as existing customers we were included in all 3 email drops.