I'm an indie developer, looking for people to try out a multiplayer flash game I've made called Tiny Tanks

ChazR

Hi everyone! As the title says I'm an indie developer and I've recently got into the multiplayer side of browser based flash games. For a while I've been working on a game called Tiny Tanks, I'm constantly updating it but I think it's at the stage where it's ready for the masses.

To try and get people playing it I've put together a trailer and done my best to send it off to as many news and blog sites as possible, and a friend recommended I start a thread here.

It's a 4 player, top down strategic shooter, if you're interested the trailer does a good job of showing the game off:

And if you'd like to play, head on over to http://www.tinytanks.net

Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well either the network code is a little "creative" or it's just plain old internet l...a...g.

Syncing takes for ever and once in the other tanks are stuttering and repeating moves all over the place.

Also can't see any of their bullets, and no matter how many times they are shot nothing happens.

On the plus side the handling was fun and the music enjoyable.

May try again later.

I've not played this because I'm in work, but it definitely looks like my kinda thing. I loved combat. It broke my heart that the approximation of it in Wii Play was pretty slow and dire. This looks great though. I'd mostly want to play it on single screen maps, one hit kills. with four players on one television. Then I would love it most.

Also, I used to love this combat/asteroids hybrid Gravitation on PSone's NetYazore disc that came with the official playstation magazine:

Looks nice, I'll check it out over lunch.

Also, I used to love this combat/asteroids hybrid Gravitation on PSone's NetYazore disc that came with the official playstation magazine:

Not enough +1s. Gravitation was fucking amazing, we got more fun out of that one game than most full price PS1 games of the time.

:wub:

It irritates me because it's like a scaled down version of a game I worked on at Uni (it was my idea), made all the lovely little sprites for it and everything but I had the laziest, shitiest team-mates and it never got made... :(

Seems to have a bit in common with Tank Trouble? http://www.tanktrouble.com/

The "tiny" idea and improved graphics do look a bit nicer than Tank Trouble's but the slidy control scheme makes it more confusing than calculated. Going for premade maps means you might be able to design them in some way but Tank Trouble's generated mazes might make for better replayability.