IGNORED

TOP 10 rare/most valuable 32bit games in existence

Old Dear's Menu

What was that other PSX puzzle game that had blocks and stuff? They'd kind of flip over and you had to select and deselect the square they landed on when they hit it. 'Kurushi' or something was it?

What, you mean the one at number 4 in the original post?

:(

Ah shit, yeah there it is! :ph34r:

I'll go and sit back in the corner now and pray for a portable version of Kula World soon.

I've sold two copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga, both for over £100. Not becuase I believe it's worth that, it's becuase of the price people were willing to pay. I had one original copy, which I bought a few days after the original launch, and then I bought another copy in for £25 in gamestation a few years back. There is a mint sealed copy of the game sitting in the same gamestion for £100. It's sitting in the window though, so it'll probably be light damaged. The fools.

The only games I actually own which I believe are worth the price I payed for them are Ikaruga (£60 at launch) and Radiant Silvergun (£110 from an indie in leeds a while back). They're not only fantastic games, but bloody legends - the cases, the obi strips, the manuals - all mint and mine, grarrr!

If you want to talk rare pal games though, you're best looking at the price tag of a European NEO-GEO AES 'Kizuna Encounter'. Only 2 copies have ever been recorded, and the price tag at the moment is in the region of $11,000 (£6,211). Grarrr indeed.

Gotta agree with Auditor. I think the rarest games (in the low print run sense) are all on the PSOne.

I guess one to watch will be Castlevania Chronicles as I think it'll be in demand in a few years time.

I own Burning Rangers. It's OK but as Goaty said, it's aged terribly and it ain't that rare.

So how much is devil dice worth then? My local indy has it but with no price on it and i didn't ask. I know it's worth a bit but wanna be able to see if how much it's going for is how much you guys say it's worth. Also, do you think it will lose value now that it's sequel is out on PS2 with the original included (if i'm not wrong...)?

Also, i'm really after Kula World a it sounds great! How much should i be expectinh to pay? Cheers

Those 10 games listed are certainly worth owning, but I doubt they are a definitive top 10. Mainly because I own most of them.

By the way, there are multiple versions of Kurushi. Do you mean Kurushi Final? Or the other one (which I believe was just called 'Kurushi', or 'Kurushi World'). I'm a very big Kurushi fan.

There are many, many PAL PSX and Saturn games that had smaller production runs than any of those.

Great. Then why not list some? That is kinda the whole point my dear bum friend!

Maybe the old dear is merging rarity with desirability...

My memory isn't what it used to be... The curse of old age strikes again.

Gotta agree with Auditor. I think the rarest games (in the low print run sense) are all on the PSOne.

Maybe my hearing aid is on the blink, or my recent stroke has rendered me less than stupid. But if you know some rare games, then why don't you list them? You know, in like a shopping list kinda way. The fun we'll have!

Those 10 games listed are certainly worth owning, but I doubt they are a definitive top 10. Mainly because I own most of them.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I didn't do any research or anything. I was hoping other folk would contribute (or do the research...).

:ph34r:

Bust a Groove 2?

Fuck me. WANTWANTWANTWANTWANT.

Me too. I've never seen a proper boxed copy of it though.

All the ones on eBay are just the disks in standard CD cases:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3060706794

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=11054

I certainly was under the impression BaG2 was never a PAL release.

Correct me if I'm wrong. (Please be wrong!!)

Bust-A-Groove 1 must be my most played game ever. There was about 2 years of my life where I played through it every day. Proper good. The only other to get to me as much is Puzzle Bobble (something about the name Bust-A-Move perhaps?)

Bugger, last month I gave away shedloads of old PSOne games to a colleagues kid

included in those were:

Kula World

Devil Dice

Kurushi

SoTN Collectors Edition

Tombi

Suikoden

/gasp.

No you didn't. You can't have done. That's just bad taste if nothing else. Plus you just got them off the list already gathered.

Hmm, how rare are the PlayStation versions of X-men Vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel Vs. Street Fighter?

I own both now, but only after about a year of looking for them

Just wondering, is Tempest X3 meant to be a rare game? It took me a while to find it, I tell you.

There is a mint sealed copy of the game sitting in the same gamestion for £100. It's sitting in the window though, so it'll probably be light damaged. The fools.

Hmm... is it truly mint or have they just done what my local GS did and shrink wrapped a shitload of battered old games? I swear some of them will just fall to bits as soon as you get the wrap off.

Hmm, how rare are the PlayStation versions of X-men Vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel Vs. Street Fighter?

I own both now, but only after about a year of looking for them

Just wondering, is Tempest X3 meant to be a rare game? It took me a while to find it, I tell you.

Dont think do as I see it quite regularly. Its a good version though.

...and that the N64 should be included because it was part of that hardware generation, regardless of that the marketing department says its number of bits was.

No, no, no. Psx and Sega Saturn ONLY. That is the law.

That's a shit rule. My A1200, and the ill-fated CD32 were 32-bit.