IGNORED

TOP 10 rare/most valuable 32bit games in existence

Old Dear's Menu

The upshot was that gamers who wanted to play the game but had no interest in owning an original SNES cartridge could do so at a bargain price. However, its interesting to note that there was only a very small effect in the price of a Chrono Trigger SNES cartridge: proving that the reason the prices for the originals were so high was because collectors wanted to own the original cart- not simply play the game.

This could also be because Chrono Trigger has still not been released in the PAL territories.

If Square were smart they'd release a double pack in the PAL territories of Chorno Trigger and Chrono Cross. They'd clean up big time.

Copies of the magazine Personal Computer Games Sir, Chris Andersons original magazine - Evcery few Years He releases a new multi format mag, first pcg, then Ace then Edge....

At one time I NEVER thought I'd find copies of the magazine but thanks to Ebay I've completed that and my TV gamer collection, 2 things I gave far more of a toss about than "rare" games.... Sentimentality you see...

Good luck in finding that infernal machine on pal, I went to the Us last year and picked up Hawks 3 for the N64, still shocked that came out on the N64....

Thanks for the reply

I just didnt realise that Infernal Machine ever got a PAL release ( was it in Oz?? )

I'm off to the States in November and will be keeping a look out for an NTSC version.

Yeah Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine definitely got a PAL release but in EXTREMELY limited numbers (I only ever saw it in GAME, in the UK). This was around the time that Paper Mario and Star Wars: Episode 1: Battle for Naboo came out on N64.

It was also available in the US but I believe was a BLockbuster exclusive and designed only for Rental (although inevitably some found their way into retail/Ebay etc). You could also buy it directly from Lucasarts' web-site.

I've lost or given away almost every game I've ever bought over the years...until I realised how stupid this was around the time I picked up my PS.

I recently gave away my 3DO. That's pretty dumb in retrospect.

Anyway, my cousin has SOTN with all the artwork and stuff. He's also got Rez & ICO (with the postcards) which I think are relatively hard to get hold of. The funny thing is is that he's not overtly into games - he just buys the odd thing he likes.

The only ones mentioned here that I still actually have are R-Types and Rainbow Islands on the PS1. I would have thought that Vandal Hearts is pretty hard to get now too. But I know nothing about this kind of stuff.

I've never knowingly bought a rare game. Not because I have some moral objection to collection - but simply because I've never found one I wanted. I want SoTN, but can't find it. I could play it on emulation, sure, but I like to have a copy. Might have to borrow my brothers.

And I do not know of any car boot sales near me. Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

Grrrr suikoden 2 in there too.... :( thats cheap as chips, i think personally for my own collection Suikoden 2 is gonna be the HARDEST game to find.

A few more wee hard to find classics for me again personally, these one i found just recently on psone and both alternative psone square releases.

Bushido Blade and Tobal No 1.

After playing Bushido Blade i wondered why it had never recieved a ps2 version, it would look lush and be very playable in link up mode too, ach well.

Wow, digging this thread up for about the 4th time  :(

I'm confused by all this bust-a-move/groove 1/2 business, anyone care to explain things to me?

And is this one worth anything?

Bust A Move is what the dance game was called everywhere where Bust a Move was called Puzzle Bobble. Where Puzzle Bobble was called Bust a Move (inc the UK) they had to name it Bust a Groove.

I don't know if Bust a Groove is worth anything but it sure is a great game! I love Kitty N and Heat's music!

Gas-Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Kitty Ennnnnnnnhhh! ;)

I'mm pretty sure that I got £55-60 for mine. :(

Not bad as I got my SF Alpha 2 in a swap for Diddy Kong Racing.

If you really love a game, £60 is not a lot is it? I don't see the big deal, that sort of money against the enjoyment is peanuts, like when the people on the antiques show get a £10 profit (ooh well done love you spent 3 hours trawling through shit for a tiny profit)

No I mean it's not a lot if you're selling it, rare games certainly aren't a good way to make money so I don't see why people get hard-ons saying that they managed to get a game for a tenner after getting up at 7am and trawlingthrough crap at a bootfair and then sell it for £60 on Ebay, especially if it's a classic game you should keep it and cherish it.

Again like on Antiques Roadshow when they have a lovely painting and its valued at £200 and they say they're going to sell it to help buy a pc (thats going to depreciate rapidly in less than a year). Why? What would you piss that relatively pilfering amount of money on that is better than the nice painting?

Smartarse response: to buy more rare retro games

Ahh i see it all now....still agree though :blink:

I love finding games that i personally want or have wanted since i first saw them and never bought them orignally, i personally NEVER simply go out looking for games to find to specifically sell. Its only if i stumble apon them, perhaps i will consider selling them on.

I'm glad this thread was ressurected as I picked up some great PS1 bargains on Friday.

Kurushi Final - £3 gamestation

from game

Bust-a-groove

Broken Sword

Broken Sword 2

Suikoden II

All for £24.

£24 each or all together £24 !!??

If £24 all together, what a fucking deal!

Think i'l bee getting a copy of Bust-a-groove tommorow! Just cos it sounds like it's a really good game, and not cos it might be worth something. If it's good i'll buy it and if it aint (even if it's r@re) i won't, simple.

from game

Bust-a-groove

Broken Sword

Broken Sword 2

Suikoden II

All for £24.

hmm, really unlikely or they're complete donkeys. any proper gamer knows that suikoden 2 is TEH R@@@RE and they would have picked it out as soon as someone traded it in

hmm, really unlikely or they're complete donkeys. any proper gamer knows that suikoden 2 is TEH R@@@RE and they would have picked it out as soon as someone traded it in

I know why you say that but it is true. All of them for £24 total. The staff in my local game aren't big gamers. They just do it for the work. I've picked up loads of games from their pre-owned section. When I handed Suikoden 2 over they didn't even recognise it's value or collectability at that point. I had to do a double take when I saw it.

My mate had 10 mins on it on Friday and it doesn't look a bad game at all. The music seems great as well. A few months back I bid on a copy for £40 on ebay and missed out.

Game can be a great place to get cheap PS games. My local one is rubbish but the Game in the next town is excellent. I have bought loads of good games for £2.97, including Tombi 2, although I was a little disappointed that it wasn't as good as Tombi! :(

No I mean it's not a lot if you're selling it, rare games certainly aren't a good way to make money so I don't see why people get hard-ons saying that they managed to get a game for a tenner after getting up at 7am and trawlingthrough crap at a bootfair and then sell it for £60 on Ebay, especially if it's a classic game you should keep it and cherish it.

Ah but it's not like many of us go to boot sales looking purely to buy to sell. I go looking to add to my collection and anything cheap I can pick up along the way is just a bonus.

B)

I recently sold Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon Saga!

to be fair, they look well shit these days, and well over hyped.

Panzer Dragoon Sega still remains as one of the best games ever created. It was miles ahead of all the other Role Playing Games including Final Fantasy VII.

The storyline and gameplay were much deeper and masculine.