Pullblox - Fallblox - Pullblox World - Fullblox

Keyboard Koala

Confirmed for a 3DSWare release this December, is Intelligent Systems' (Advance Wars, Fire Emblem) Pullblox (aka Pushmo in the US, or Hiku Osu in Japan).

JCAP_Pullblox_Title_a_SPA.jpg

The storyline finds a short, pudgy boy named Mallo (formerly: Maro) who has discovered that his hometown has been covered in blocks. He then takes it upon himself to climb up these giant structures to claim flags placed on their peaks...
Pullblox is all about moving blocks in order to reach those flags. As the title implies, you pull (or push) blocks and create a path to climb them and navigate the stage until you reach the goal. The game's supposed to have over 250 courses.

The game's also leveraging old-school Nintendo nostalgia by using classic 8-bit NES sprites as levels. There's even a level editor included so you can make your own old-school homages.

Official trailer/tutorial video:

Gameplay:

miiverse-malo.png

I'm only about ten levels into the Japanese game, but it's great, and probably the first game where 3D is a genuine honest-to-goodness benefit to gameplay, as opposed to something that looks nice for a while and then you switch off because it's making your eyes go a bit funny.

I'm only about ten levels into the Japanese game, but it's great, and probably the first game where 3D is a genuine honest-to-goodness benefit to gameplay, as opposed to something that looks nice for a while and then you switch off because it's making your eyes go a bit funny.

That's good to know.

Make sure you give us your impressions on Nimble Sakura Warrior too, if you'd get that one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out this Thursday :)

And only € 6.00/£5.40! Frankly, for a Nintendo produced puzzler with over 250 levels, and a level editor, this is surprisingly cheap.

Excellent. Downloaded Zen Pinball for £4.50 last night, so this'll take me 10p under the £10 I had to top up. Win. :D

... it's great, and probably the first game where 3D is a genuine honest-to-goodness benefit to gameplay, as opposed to something that looks nice for a while and then you switch off because it's making your eyes go a bit funny.

Oh, absolutely! Just played it for a bit, and this is hands down the one title where the 3D effect adds the most to the gameplay. Apart from Super Mario 3D Land , maybe.

It looks like a cracking little puzzler too :)

Goodness gracious! But what a fun game this is.

From the excellent use of 3D, through the adorable little characters, to the basic-yet-yummy controls. And the little touches (eg. the way Mallo starts every puzzle by doing a cute sumo routine) that give it all the sheen of a traditional craftsmanship Nintendo title. At less than the price of a copy of Edge, this is an absolute steal and a must-have for any 3DS owner!

... have to be careful not to shoot all this gaming crack at once ...

Even though I've got Mario 3D Land and Mk7 this last week I've bought Catrap, Mario Land 2, Zen Pinball and this off the eShop. I promised myself not to get more stuff whilst I've lots to play. They're all great though (except Mario 2 seems to have run and jump on the wrong buttons).