IGNORED

Final Fantasy XV

Broker

30 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

I scraped through by the skin of my arse at about the same level as Varsity. Thought the dungeon was excellent. Proper old school JRPG feel to it.

Aye it is a very good one, I refuse to use guides so the 2nd time I got a bit further through before hitting a wall against a boss and dying. I'll try going back again later and giving it another whirl.

22 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Dog tags tho

Don't forget the frogs.

But yeah, most are fetch quests, or kill stuff and collect a drop which is a combination of the two. There are also some unmarked "quests" in the game too, which you have to stumble upon. I don't mean the broken down car or injured person either (neither of these are randomized quests either btw, there is a finite amount of them, and a lot have unlock requirements.).

One involves having an artist sketch your party for instance]

They cap at 10 I think.

They arent the best way to get cash btw. The best way to get money in the game is (spoiler, later game location mentioned below)

to play Justice Monsters 5, and get 99 of the gold bars/chests. You get a Wind-up Lord Vexxos for that which sells for 500k. They arent one off, despite the flavour text stating as such, so you can keep playing it for more of those to sell. You have to play the 10k pinball machine in Altissia (its the right most one in the cafe where the guy sells stuff for Oracle Ascension coins) though, the other ones only cost 10 gil, but the rewards are nowhere near as good.

4 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

The controls during combat are driving me up the fucking wall. Also, parrying seems to work randomly. 

It will click . It was a mystery to me at first but once you crack it , it really works well. The left stick is key as is holding buttons down and not tapping , and of course warping and blink and blindsides . Oh and combine elements with items in elemancy .

Parrying is hold square to block at the prompt then circle at the next prompt  . As for Noctis running off .. did he have a gold halo around his head? If so he was confused , there's mindflayers in that section .

You cant block all attacks, holding the block button (block button is the wrong term btw, its the dodge button really) will make Noct dodge everything at the cost of MP. You only get to block when the big icon appears on screen telling you to block (its usually above Noctis' head). Circle afterwards will usually attempt a parry, or sometimes something else (such as the bit in the trailer with the Iron Giant, where Noctis runs up the giants sword).

Just finished the Pitioss dungeon. I had to beat the hardest boss in the game before I could even enter it though......that being landing the Regalia! That bit of road is way too small. I ended up landing the car upside down. How it didn't explode is anyone's guess.

"Man this place is hot!"

"Just take your shirt off"

"Like you?!?" No way!"

"What? Too scared to show your scrawny body?"

"Hey! I got muscle! You...just cant see it"

"If you say so..."

That'll be ingrained in your brain after visiting Lestallum a few times :P

Wah, wah, wah.

Puny, just like yours.

Talk about backseat fishing!

We're supposed to be getting the Chocobo carnival today btw. No idea when, and it may even be out right now.

Oh, and I checked last night, and all the "pre-order bonus" stuff is now available to purchase for the grand amount of 39p each. Some of them are a waste, but you can buy that suit for Noctis, the Platinum Leviathan, and the travel pack, among others. Pretty cheap considering it used to be pre-order stuff.

Edit: Chocobo carnival is live! (although the usual "preparing to download..... is ridiculously slow, so god knows how big the patch is)

Annoyingly it is a time limited event until 20th Feb, I am going to need to buy this game now aren't I?

Aargh !!

I wanted to wait until I had purchased a PS4 Pro to play it but do not want to miss out on an event.

4 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Speaking of Chocobos. What's everyone named theirs? I used the first name that entered my head.

Ralf.

Yeah, I have no idea.

I haven't actually used a chocobo yet....I'm trying to level up Gladio's survival (currently halfway through level 8), apparently it only counts steps taken on foot...when I get to 10 I'll be using them though. 

Found this yesterday as well, might be of interest to other post game people, complete list of stuff you can do (there's actually a few hidden bits I didn't even know about) :) Should keep me going for a while ^^ 

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5jdwvh/the_true_complete_endgame_checklist/

Also, the Nixperience band you get as part of the DLC is useful, it stops xp points being tallied at camp, so if you're banking xp to try and get a few levels up together you can still make use of camp meals/skip to daytime without worrying your wasting xp. 

Not sure if this is well known, but you can get a certain someone to turn up during battles and help out, but they're only a temporary addition to the party (though they are in the party screen, you cant do anything to change their equipment/techs/etc). Thing is there is a way to permanently add them to the party, though they cant use the Regalia and you cant fish while they are present, for some reason. Most people who have finished the game will know who I mean, but I'll spoiler it below for the way to do it.

Obviously, dont click the spoiler if you havent finished the game!!!!!

Funny thing is, she can be in all photo ops, has dialogue and pretty much everything else a normal party member would have. Bit strange considering she only joins you the once in the story.

1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Speaking of Chocobos. What's everyone named theirs? I used the first name that entered my head.

Ralf.

Yeah, I have no idea.

I called mine "Assbox", assuming that my rental chocobo would be a precursor to a purchased one, and now I like him and don't want to change him.

My favourite but if dialogue is "Eyes peeled, mouth closed", used as though it's a common phrase.