IGNORED

Final Fantasy XV

Broker

I'll give it another look tomorrow but from visiting it before, the carnival was a bit pants, the items you can get from trading in the choco-mog medallions hardly seem worth the effort and once you've done all the attractions don't really see the point...might be missing something obvious but first impressions are a bit meh. 

On a different note, finally used my banked xp earlier at Galdin Quay and went up about 5 levels so I'm now at 61...time to revisit Crestholm Channels I think.

Best thing to use the medallions on are, for me anyway, the various colour crystals, ores and shards to colour the car. That may sound odd, until you realise there are 2 (or more) secret colours you don't get access to until you have all the rest. I cba to drive around mining, and they are reasonably cheap at the carnival, so....

The various quests and mini games dotted around Altissia are meant to just be fun side stuff, the medallions are just the in game reward for doing them. Its free content, so it was never going to be amazing and blow your mind stuff, but considering its free its actually quite good.

1 hour ago, Mr Ben said:

Best thing to use the medallions on are, for me anyway, the various colour crystals, ores and shards to colour the car. That may sound odd, until you realise there are 2 (or more) secret colours you don't get access to until you have all the rest. I cba to drive around mining, and they are reasonably cheap at the carnival, so....

The various quests and mini games dotted around Altissia are meant to just be fun side stuff, the medallions are just the in game reward for doing them. Its free content, so it was never going to be amazing and blow your mind stuff, but considering its free its actually quite good.

Fair enough, you could argue that its also kind of an unnecessary addition and the dev could have been spent on more story stuff whether that be DLC or otherwise. 

...because you've wandered into an area that spawns level 47 Magnetek Assassins. They'll keep coming too, after you kill them they'll respawn. You should prob be in an area that this doesn't happen, I'd recommend that. Or maybe your copy of the game has become sentient and decided it hates you?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Had this arrive yesterday, really want to finish The Last Guardian before starting it but I do have a couple of questions. I've seen some mention of a timed event, when does this end? And how early in the game can I access it?

5 minutes ago, wev said:

Had this arrive yesterday, really want to finish The Last Guardian before starting it but I do have a couple of questions. I've seen some mention of a timed event, when does this end? And how early in the game can I access it?

It is until 20th Feb & you can access it from the main menu apparently.

See http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/welcome-ffxv-moogle-chocobo-carnival

9 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

I'm not out in the sticks or anything, they spawned on a road, forcing me out of my car. In the daylight. If I was out at night, I'd say fair enough.

I couldn't get back to my car without engaging them again, as they just hung around there. 

That's cheap as fuck. 

Don't run to the car? Run away fron the threat, then map and go to most recent rest point and call the car back. Honestly you're being a total fucking girl in this thread, mate ;)

33 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

It's shit, U-1. You can either take a picture from Noct's perspective, or take a pic with Noct in the middle (the camera pans around him). There is no free roaming camera.

You can add filters, but they don't apply when you choose them. You have to take the pic, then look at the pic you've taken to see how it looks with the filter.

I am sad :( 

1 hour ago, U-1 said:

I am sad :( 

Remember, this is LeChuck talking :P

Its nowhere near as bad as he's saying it is, although its main use is for the Chocobo Festival where Prompto is absent, and there are multiple quests and mini games requiring you to take pictures.

1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

@PeteBrant :lol: Perhaps.  But you just highlighted an issue. I didn't want to go back to my last rest point as it was all the way across the other side of the map. 

The game forced me into an unfair fight (the drop ship spawned above the road, forcing my car to stop and the guys to get out of the car), and then prevented me from continuing without inconvenience. 

That's not even the worst part. The game doesn't pause when in photo mode. So you could be lining up the perfect picture, when suddenly the lanky twat Ignis walks right into your shot. <_<

I hate to admit it but I'm kinda with him on this one, I remember throughout my playthrough they dropped on me in areas where I was questing and considering when I finished the game I was only level 43, I must have been mid 20's myself. The only difference being that I just ran away from them and carried on lol, I just put it down to the Empire being evil bastards and chuckled rather than bitch and moan about it :P 

1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

@PeteBrant :lol: Perhaps.  But you just highlighted an issue. I didn't want to go back to my last rest point as it was all the way across the other side of the map. 

Oh for gods sake man.

Run away

Map>Go to last rest

Map>Return to car

:P

Only the one time did I encounter those lvl 40+ assassins when I was lower level. I just ran away. If you run far enough away the enemies de-spawn, or at least they did for me.

I was over-leveled for the majority of the game. Finished the main story at 85, which is obviously a bit ridiculous, however I did do far too many side quests in between the main story missions. I think the above was the only time in the game apart from a boss battle (Quetzalcoatl) that I had trouble.

5 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

This is the unique thing with video-games, in order for them work, they require the interaction of a human being.. and sometimes this element can be utterly bamboozling, prone to constant error and extreme emotional re-activeness. 

Indeed, I suppose it depends on the person as with anything. Despite any bitching/moaning I do here about things, they are normally after the fact. I properly got into this game and when playing/encountering problems didn't default to "oh this is shit", I instead went "Bloody empire peasants, they'll pay!" I like my rpg's....get into em a bit much aha.

They dont regularly throw them at you though. Its usually the normal axe wielding ones that are really easy to kill.

If your having trouble now, wait until the drop ships start dropping off the large mechs later in the game :lol:

Oh and on the subject of "bits of the game we hate" the controls for Chocobos and later, the

Regalia-F

, are ridiculous. No idea what the guy was smoking who did the controls for these, but they are awful.

2 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Indeed, I suppose it depends on the person as with anything. Despite any bitching/moaning I do here about things, they are normally after the fact. I properly got into this game and when playing/encountering problems didn't default to "oh this is shit", I instead went "Bloody empire peasants, they'll pay!" I like my rpg's....get into em a bit much aha.

Oh yes, myself too. I loved playing through this game.. and my reaction to an element in a game that causes a little friction is to consider why this has been implemented like this. That often leads to better understanding and a better experience. Open-mindedness. 

Also, a bit of friction is often a good thing. You don't want placid, unchallenging game experiences all the time. 

Strange. They do keep respawning, but only if you stay in the area for any length of time. I was usually constantly on the move, so perhaps thats why I didnt encounter them as much. After that one time, I only started encountering them after I was lvl 40+ or whatever it is, and could take them on with little to no issue.

1 minute ago, Mr Ben said:

Strange. They do keep respawning, but only if you stay in the area for any length of time. I was usually constantly on the move, so perhaps thats why I didnt encounter them as much. After that one time, I only started encountering them after I was lvl 40+ or whatever it is, and could take them on with little to no issue.

Yea the Regalia F controls are horrid, literally used it once, just use the car now...will need to try again though for that dungeon...

Nothing more satisfying than evading the assassins for ages cos they 1 hit kill then coming back powered up and wiping them with one Gladio tempest move. 

Just now, Mr Ben said:

Only time I went to that dungeon I

Reveal hidden contents

landed upside down. No idea how I didnt get a game over. Everyone just got out the can and then the car was the right way up

:lol:

Think I'm still a way off it yet, finished Crestholm Channels last night, took a while to work out what was where, still got Balouve Mines/Castlemark to do and a shit tonne of hunts. Finished most of the sidequests now so levelling up seems a bit slower, gonna have to bank more xp or I struggle to see how I'm going to get up to 80/90 without grinding somewhere.

Just now, Mr Ben said:

Do all the hunts with the 50/100% XP buff. You'll be rolling XP and cash, then go to Altissia and spend 30k to get 3x XP in the hotel. Easy levels.

Oh shit forgot about that Altissia hotel! Been using Galdin Quay, could have gone up shit loads more last time, cheers!

If you play through all the content you should hit level cap with ease. I did so before I'd even started the unlockable post-game dungeons (though maximising use of the decent hotels when you're flush was part of that). It's the AP you'll struggle to max out - don't know if it's even possible, but at max level I'd say I had a minority of the skills unlocked. Exp alone will only take you so far, and it's not really that far.

Edit: as Myth said.

Edit edit: I loved the design of the dungeon Ben's referring to, but the controls are a bit shown up there which does introduce some frustration. And they are indeed useless for chocobo racing and the other thing.

Just now, Gorf King said:

If you play through all the content you should hit level cap with ease. I did so before I'd even started the post-game dungeons (though maximising use of the decent hotels when you're flush was part of that). It's the AP you'll struggle to max out - don't know if it's even possible, but at max level I'd say I had a minority of the skills unlocked. Exp alone will only take you so far, and it's not really that far.

Edit: as Myth said.

Yea I didn't really capitalise on the xp hotel bonus until recently, AP wise some of the ascension grid helps you gain more as you play, I'm getting a decent stream at the moment from fishing/setting up camp/long car journeys. You also get 1 every time you kill an enemy with a warp strike, got about 20 last night just from that big pack of mobs outside Crestholm as they were all level 3...just kept warping to and from the warp point. It's possible because there's no finite source of AP, it'd just take a very long time.