IGNORED

Final Fantasy XV

Broker

Best way to get AP is go to Leide, and one shot the dog type enemies with warp strike. You'll get 1 AP per kill, which doesnt take that long. I did a bit of grinding by using the monster whistle and doing this using the shield of the bold or whatever its called, that does AoE damage on warp striking. Boring, but its the most effective way of actively gaining AP. The other option is getting the AP gaining ability in the Ascension grid for Chocobos or the Regalia, and taping the trigger down and going to bed or whatever.

There are little grindy farming 'exploits' that'll help max AP per second - such as spawning enemies with the dedicated command and the 'AP on warp strike' ability active and dispatching the whole pack with a single instant warp strike using the shield, then respawning them before the battle animation finishes - but I cba with farming that for hours.

Edit: slow response day today - what Ben said. Obviously he could ba with that.

Yeah, it didnt take that long to get the abilities that didnt cost more than 99 AP using that method to be honest. It gets really tedious past 99 though, and I really think they should have baked in those AP gaining accessories into the A+ result after combat ends. Would make AP gain far more consistent.

Not far if you progress the story.

I've only got the endgame dungeons to do now. Took me about half hour or so to smash "it", and get the last trophy.

Also done everything at the Chocobo Carnival except get me a Moogle lure, which refuses to be snagged. Used the medals to buy my way to every Regalia colour, including the 2 secret ones. Best one is the Starbright Silver colour though in my opinion, which isn't even that hard to get. Far easier and less time consuming getting the ores/shards/crystals at the carnival as you can buy what you want/need, whereas collecting them around the world is time consuming plus the drops are random, so you likely wont get the colour you want.

What level should you approximately be when you do the last section of the game?

Spoiler

I went into the city in the future and there were loads of tough bosses in there that made pretty quick work of me. I beat a few but I'm thinking I'm a bit underpowered around the L45/47 mark. I've done quite a lot of quests but maybe not quite taken advantage of food/AP bonuses to level up properly.

Does it take long to beat the game from there? Not sure if I'll pick the game up again and finish it.

Certainly some quality moments in this game, but also some curious design decisions too.

16 minutes ago, Jonathan_Kerr said:

What level should you approximately be when you do the last section of the game?

Hide contents

I went into the city in the future and there were loads of tough bosses in there that made pretty quick work of me. I beat a few but I'm thinking I'm a bit underpowered around the L45/47 mark. I've done quite a lot of quests but maybe not quite taken advantage of food/AP bonuses to level up properly.

Does it take long to beat the game from there? Not sure if I'll pick the game up again and finish it.

Certainly some quality moments in this game, but also some curious design decisions too.

Those enemies are way tougher than the final boss(es).  You can run past them if you don't fancy the fight.  Once you do so you are in the final sequence, but can go back do routine stuff and post game dungeons after.

I killed everything in the Crown city, as I was around the same level as some of those bosses. One of the optional bosses only appears after you

clear all the enemies upto the last but one boss, then use the elevator, then run all the way back to the start where you entered the city. Its a lvl 84 or so Psychomancer, that when killed drops Nyx Ulric's daggers, which are the best in the game up until post game, and even then have ridiculously good stat bonuses.

2 hours ago, cassidy said:

Is the post game worth it then?  Considering I'm now in a position to finish the story and get the plat?  L88 as well.  

I'm enjoying it, I'm only a couple of achievements away from 1000/1000, just need cooking, fishing and survival at level 10 but I plan to still keep playing once I'm done. Currently sat at level 71, with 100k xp banked from killing the turtle, still have 1 dungeon to explore, legendary weapon quests to do as well as all the extra "end game" dungeon quests. Only level 5 in the hunts so want to get that finished as well, also want to do a NG+ playthrough when I've maxed everything out as I really did enjoy the story and want to go in again, knowing what I do now about certain parts...there's definitely content there though if it's your cup of tea.

The carnival is great :)

There's all the pre order DLC for sale for 40p per item now too. Does anyone know what the camera kit and angling thing and stuff do? The clothes, weapons and decals seem obvious (I bought Noctis a fancy suit for 40p), but I don't understand what those items do.