The Last Of Us

Moz

Are there multiple retail versions of this game? I ordered through Flubit not really worrying about getting it delivered a few days later. I've now discovered the gf is away for the weekend so I have to get it on Friday now. The plan is to buy one in-store somewhere and return the Flubit copy to that store.

The demo is authorised via the disk, but you could share it once it's tied to your account. The game's only a week and half away, mind, so personally I wouldn't bother.

If you still feel like spoiling yourself, you can always

; it isn't very long.

OPMUK review being reported as saying:

"A work of art in which amazing sights and sounds fuel an emotionally draining, constantly compelling end of days adventure. This is Naughty Dog pushing the PS3 to its limit. Over to you PS4"

Can't wait...

It's a very short demo, 5 mins or so. Mainly clambering about the inside of a building. Really has the Uncharted feel through it, and although you can tell it's extremely polished, it's limiting due to the location you play through.

edit: I should add, I've not actively looked out trailers etc for this, infact hadn't even heard of it until people asked what the demo was like when I bought GoW (it's locked was my reply). :-) So I can only pass judgement on the short bit I played. I'll be picking it up though.

In amongst all the hype around the next gen it's sometimes easy to forget that some of the best games often come out right at the end of a console's lifecycle, when engines are optimised and everyone's so comfortable with the architecture and it's limitations that they know exactly what they can get out of it. Maybe it helps to set realistic boundaries for the designers so that they don't overstretch their designs, I don't know.

I might need to take a day off for this one, just so I can really savour it. Curtains closed, surround sound up, phone off. God that sounds good.

I'm booking the Friday off, I want a good, long go at this.

The MP is looking interesting as well, I like how Naughty Dog really support their franchises with the content they pump out post-release, certainly Uncharted 3 has had loads and I expect LoU to follow suit.

I'd wager this and GTAV will most likely be battling it out for Game of the Year for me in all likelyhood.