Best. Redeye. Ever.

Alex W.

I don't know what I was talking about before. I've just re-read it. It's absolutely fantastic. The rubbish jokes, the fast paced, read-it-here-first, sequel after sequel prose is just brilliant. It's totally ironic. Total mainstream micky-take. I love it. I just read it too quickly at first to understand it.

I don't know what I was talking about before. I've just re-read it. It's absolutely fantastic. The rubbish jokes, the fast paced, read-it-here-first, sequel after sequel prose is just brilliant. It's totally ironic. Total mainstream micky-take. I love it. I just read it too quickly at first to understand it.

Oh yeah. Shit. I get it now.

And it get even funnier the more times you read it... :unsure:

Oh yeah. Shit. I get it now.

And it get even funnier the more times you read it... :unsure:

Yeah. YEAH!

What?

I seriously do not believe it was written by the usual downhearted cynic we get every other month. I also believe the Mario Kart "know-nothings" remark was a jibe at the outgoing team from the new writer.

The cheesey gossip-mongery slant was cringe-worthy, and totally out of character too.

Biffo was good as always though, but AV-Out needs to be scrapped - yesterday.

I really liked it too. But I should read it again, since it sounds even better the second time. Nagoshi's column was sweet this month. I love how he ends it justifying that his story may or may not have a gaming meaning.

I burst into a fit of laughter at the end of the column when he revealed that there was absolutely no meaning behind the whole story whatsoever. Amazing. :unsure:

So was this the last Redeye?

I thought it was awful.

Really?

Seems like most people in the thread did.

I think he was sound so far, but I havent bought EDGE yet, and is it really his last acrticle in EDGE or is he just taking a break?

It was slightly funny in the bile filled way that red eye loves so much but it was a bit of a lazy column considering the joke got old within a column and red eye has talked about his hate of fanboys/"the hardcore"/web game geeks so many times in the past.

On another note: have you noticed how everyone nowadays does that redeye thing of Stating. Everything. In. Staccato. Rhythm.

When he first did it in his column a year or so ago it was funny but now it crops up in every bloody rllmuk thread. Please stop.

And before you claim you were doing it long before redeye's column let the minutes state: fuck off you weren't

On another note: have you noticed how everyone nowadays does that redeye thing of Stating. Everything. In. Staccato. Rhythm.

When he first did it in his column a year or so ago it was funny but now it crops up in every bloody rllmuk thread. Please stop.

And before you claim you were doing it long before redeye's column let the minutes state: fuck off you weren't

Huh?

I can quite honestly say it was the worst Redeye I have ever read. I never laughed once, I cringed a few times at the writing style and just basically sat reading it and re-reading it attempting to 'get it' - and all I got was that it was shit.

Biffo was funny though and I know exactly how he feels. Great stuff Mr Biffo ;)

Huh?

as in the topic thread line with the full stops after each word i'm guessing

Huh?

I refuse to believe that anyone is crazy enough to think people do that to copy Redeye. That's bizarre. What next? Have you noticed how people discuss videogames now that Edge does it?

Huh?

I refuse to believe that anyone is crazy enough to think people do that to copy Redeye. That's bizarre. What next? Have you noticed how people discuss videogames now that Edge does it?

Not to copy him... Its more an observation that that particular rhythmic technique of written word has been employed all over this forum since his column demonstrating its use debuted.

That's an entirely reasonable assumption based on the fact rllmuk is full of edge readers who are influenced by what's in the magazine. It was just a small observation; one I can't prove but also one that your inexplicably weak counter point fails to refute.

Anyways- on topic.

I felt the whole issue was laced with a subtle ironic undercurrent given the fact 5/6 th's of the staff have resigned due, amongst other things, to the fact that James Binns was pushing for a more mainstream tone. Redeye's column simply augmented the irony in his own imitable way.