Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Harsin

http://i.joystiq.com/2011/12/10/tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-announce/

We cornered skateboarding figurehead Tony Hawk on the red carpet at this year's Spike Video Game Awards to get the skinny on that big announcement he has planned for the show -- as it turns out, the announcement is ... a Tony Hawk game! "Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD" will apparently take "select" levels from the first two Tony Hawk titles, HD-ify them, and wrap it all up in a neat digital package for "digital platforms" sometime in the first half of 2012.

Hawk told our man on the ground, Mike Schramm, that classic levels "School" and "Downhill" would make appearances, but didn't let on any more. The game will assuredly get a blowout tonight as the VGAs commence, so stay tuned! Or, uh, go watch old trailers of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2. Either/or.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD will be the first entry in the series after an ambiguously worded shuttering of the franchise by publisher Activision late last year. Clearly the series isn't quite dead yet!

Presumably an XBLA/PSN style release, which is fine by me.

I'd definitely buy them on XBLA, far too long spent on Dreamcast Tony's 1, classic game.

I even played them all again on the GBA version which was surprisingly good.

The 'Superman' song by whoever it is is still a fave between my mates and I cos of that game.

hopefully they'll keep the original music. No matter how much RATM I listen to Guerilla Radio will always be a song about fucking skateboarding to me :)

I'd say it's unlikely, but not a big problem anyway. Custom soundtracks make it trivial (or just fire up Spotify through some nice speakers).

I made a playlist of as many songs as I could find from the first 4 games. THUG onwards don't have the same nostalgia for me. There are only a few from the first game on Spotify, sadly. Also there are a couple of bad songs, but it's amazing how consistently fantastic the soundtracks were for those games. It really was a golden era for that aspect of gaming.

Personal faves: Superman of course. Agent Orange: Bloodstains is so perfectly suited to those games, though.

There's a place where everyone can be happy.

It's the most beautiful place in the whole fucking world.

It's made of candy canes and planes and bright red choo-choo trains,

And the meanest little boys and the most innocent little girls,

And you know I wish that I could go there.

It's a road that I have not found.

And I wish you the best of luck, dear.

Drop a card or letter to my side of town.

Because there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend,

But baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send and

You... painted my entire world.

But I... don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled.

And I won't forget it.

There's a place where everyone can be right,

Even though you remain determined to be opposed.

Admittance requires no qualifications:

It's where everyone has been and where everybody goes.

So please try not to be impatient,

For we all hate standing in line.

And when the farm is good and bought, you'll be there without a thought,

And eternity, my friend, is a long fucking time.

Because there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend,

But baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send and

You... painted my entire world.

But I... don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled.

And I won't forget it.

Yeah man. Bad Religion THPS2

These games came out when I was 15-17 in the height of my punk music love in, so Pennywise, Bad Religion, Propagandhi, Strung Out etc were already on full rotation in the stereo.

What a game. The ultimate 'just one more go' factor that I didn't rediscover until oddly, Arkham Asylum's challenge rooms.

I loved the first 3 games but hated the music so I always switched it off :lol: All these screaming men and wailing guitars annoyed the shit out of me.

Not sure about this, I've played the first few Tony Hawk games and the 2X 'remix' to death back in the day, so I'm not sure if there's still something for me in it. I guess if it's a cheap XBLA/PSN download I might give it a shot. They were amazing games though, I fondly remember getting Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 as one of my first PS2 titles, I was totally blown away by it.

Yes! I've been wanting this for years, loved this series. I would even go as far as to say the first four are enjoyable, THPS4 at least tries something different without being awful, but THUG was the gaming equivalent of The Phantom Menace. And then they kept going.

I wonder if they'll add anything to those old levels though as the ones from the first game are incredibly barren-looking now, great though Warehouse and School were in 1999. One of the later games had levels from the first couple in it (THUG maybe?) and Warehouse was a two-minute nostalgia trip never to be repeated, there's just nothing in it.

20-odd replies and still no Police Truck? Fuck you guys.