Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S7 Invasion

gospvg

28 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Not really feeling this season so far :(

The crafting just adds an extra layer of faff for me, and an extra set of resources to gather that I can’t usually find. Bows just aren’t doing it for me; even if I manage to make a decent one, and upgrade it, it never seems to be worth it. They’re so much less useful than a sniper; less accurate, less damage, you’re more exposed while using one.. just give me snipers back please :(

It doesn’t feel quite as bad as the season with the brutes - that was a real misstep - but it’s the first one since then where I’m just not enjoying the new stuff. Maybe it’ll get better as I get more used to it, but for now it’s frustrating.

I've crafted maybe twice dude, don't get hung up on it, i find the normal weapons much better than primal as the accuracy is better but other than that i much prefer the map this season.

Other halfs daughter has finally taken the plunge after everyone else at school has been playing it. 

Was getting a little emotional when I was guiding her through the initial game.

So proud watching her go from Roblox to Minecraft to this. 

I do predict Robux will be replaced with Vbucks as she plays more.  

11 hours ago, Pistol said:

Not really feeling this season so far :(

The crafting just adds an extra layer of faff for me, and an extra set of resources to gather that I can’t usually find. Bows just aren’t doing it for me; even if I manage to make a decent one, and upgrade it, it never seems to be worth it. They’re so much less useful than a sniper; less accurate, less damage, you’re more exposed while using one.. just give me snipers back please :(

It doesn’t feel quite as bad as the season with the brutes - that was a real misstep - but it’s the first one since then where I’m just not enjoying the new stuff. Maybe it’ll get better as I get more used to it, but for now it’s frustrating.

I don't bother upgrading like you said you are lucky if you get the parts you need although killing animals will get you bones and destroy any vehicle for the cog wheels. I don't bother picking up any bows unless they have a fire, explosive or stinkbomb mod. These are good fun.

Saying all that I am over the moon when I find a normal AR gun. I'm just playing this season now like a Tomb Raider game, Lara croft is a great skin.

I’ve not played that much yet but although I agree that the bows are a waste of a slot, the stink one is murder to deal with in the endgame! It fires and reloads quicker than you can build away from it!

I was minding my own business, fishing away until the circle decided to come to me.

Got my first solo win, I usually tend to play Squads or Trios and we have had a few victories this season already (I am carried by everyone else).

I’m still not feeling this season, I don’t like the guns much and the crafting is another faff that is necessary with only bows not being in short supply. I’m getting used to the guns but primal shave bloom worse than season 0 that lead to them introducing 100% accuracy so seems an odd backwards step even if the 3 bullets in a clip land with heavy damage it’s just not fun for me...

What makes it worse is this constant colour flashing I’m getting, it’s not in anything else and only since the new season patch - it’s bloody annoying and shows in this vid...

I mainly play this to have fun chatting with mates but the having fun part is dead to me at the moment, I hope they turn it around but at the moment it’s the first time I don’t think I will bother with it for much longer and I’ve even started playing other games :o 

I had that flashing on my Series X, restarted the console etc but it was still there. I thought my console might be faulty so no offense but i'm glad it's not just me!

It doesn't happen on PS5 at all, or switch.

We've (myself, missus and kids) have went from winning one in every 3-5 games last season to hardly ever winning this season. Was there a reset to SBMM or do you think we've simply jumped up a bracket, if thats even how it works? We seem to be pairing off against more and more pc players too.

I've not wrote this season off yet. I won't be rushing with the hidden skin because fuck over paid football players being secret skins.

That flashing must be next gen thing as it don't do it on my four systems.

The Primal Shotgun is the killing machine of the season until they nerf it. 

I'm happy sticking with my bow which sets shit alight.

Cleanse everything with the flame! 

3 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

I had that flashing on my Series X, restarted the console etc but it was still there. I thought my console might be faulty so no offense but i'm glad it's not just me!

It doesn't happen on PS5 at all, or switch.

We've (myself, missus and kids) have went from winning one in every 3-5 games last season to hardly ever winning this season. Was there a reset to SBMM or do you think we've simply jumped up a bracket, if thats even how it works? We seem to be pairing off against more and more pc players too.

Glad to hear it’s not jut me I a way! I’ve only had a few sessions on it this season but think the second sesh it didn’t do it - it’s bloody annoying and I can see anything about it being reported.

5 hours ago, gospvg said:

The Lara Skin is decent & I'm looking forward to the Chicken Skin.

Just switched to it and we have back to back duos wins, first to duos on today... going for the match ball now....

1 hour ago, ulala said:

I get the colour flashing too, thought console was faulty for a while.

Series x?

I did a full power down and didn’t get it tonight when I played, well I didn’t see any and it was really bad yesterday.

6 hours ago, gospvg said:

Do you always hire a NPC if you can? My daughter hates it because she says they give away your location?

It’s a mixed bag for me. They are usually shite but make a good distraction 

Can anyone give me any help please ? 

My son plays Fortnite religiously with his mates but everytime he goes into a game the audio on his headset goes all crackly at first I thought his headset was faulty but it works perfectly on every other game and even In  the lobby on fortnite and his moaning is driving me mental 

4 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

It’s a mixed bag for me. They are usually shite but make a good distraction 

A few times I've found them useful at distracting other players and I can get in a few free shots. I don't really use my gold for anything else so i always recruit.

1 hour ago, kittygotwet said:

My son plays Fortnite religiously with his mates but everytime he goes into a game the audio on his headset goes all crackly at first I thought his headset was faulty but it works perfectly on every other game and even In  the lobby on fortnite and his moaning is driving me mental 

try reinstalling ? 

3 hours ago, kittygotwet said:

what platform?

5 minutes ago, kittygotwet said:

It's on the Switch mate 

Is it in low performance mode?

I noticed that if i ever have issues when on the switch version if you look under settings when the game is running its because its in that mode.

8 minutes ago, kittygotwet said:

It's on the Switch mate 

Bluetooth or wired headset? a google seems to show a handful of results at varying times over the last couple of years about crackly audio on fortnite on switch, but it doesnt seem like it's a systemic issue.

Have you tried checking the port for lint or other debris? blow hard into it, see if the crackling is worse if you spin the headphone jack while it's connected.

Doesnt seem like Fortnite has any other audio options, on PC you can turn the audio quality down, i assume switch doesnt have an equivalent setting?

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S7 Invasion