Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S7 Invasion

gospvg

9 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

@gospvg how you getting on so far? I’m level 62 at the moment and stress free!

I'm sitting at 71 and already started to see some Alt colours for The Spire Assassin or whatever the level 100 skin is.

Besides don't pretend you're not counting down for the Neymar Jr skin like the rest of us. 

On 01/04/2021 at 23:50, Kryptonian said:

@gospvg how you getting on so far? I’m level 62 at the moment and stress free!

Same as you on level 62. Much more easier to level up now that I have the experience from last season.

26 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Same as you on level 62. Much more easier to level up now that I have the experience from last season.

Yeah! All those quests that sit in the background make a big difference :) Ta for the heads up

So, so close to a solo hat trick this morning, first, first, second. Killed by a bow as well just as an extra poke in the eye.

Also had an odd finish a few days ago where me and third place killed each other simultaneously with rifles so you’d imagine hitscan. Handing the win to a bush creeper sat minding their own business. I’ll upload it when I work out how to do that...

Need a bit of help sadly.  Decided it was time to let the kids start playing fortnite as they've been well behaved in lockdown and some of their mates play it

We setup on the xbox first, went online to epic and created the epic account and its 'connected' ok to xbox, then the bought the battle pass each. All good.

Then downloaded it on the switch and I guess we didn't fully connect the accounts properly, we thought we did. So i guess they've had an headless epic account created based on their nintendo details. 

Kid A  - we've went to epic website and tried to connect the nintendo account, get message 'sorry this nintendo account has already been associated with another epic games account'

Kid B (separate switch) same error when i login to epic and try and associate.

When i try and login to epic site with the nintendo credentials, it asks for details like name etc as if setting up account from scratch

I see something about unlinking accounts on Nintendo website but also something 'ONCE YOUVE LINKED NINTENDO ACCOUNT YOU WILL NOT BE ABL TO LINK A DIFFERENT NINTENDO ACCOUNT' which is a bit full on scary.  do i try and unlink / add?

Any advice?

All i can think of now is create a new nintendo account on the switch and try and add that via epic site -  any digital purchases are done via me anyway.  They just want their battlepass stuff to be there. I somehow managed to do it properly form my own xbox/nintendo account of course!!

Are you saying Kid A & B have separate accounts?

When Kid A goes onto the Epic website and clicks log in via Nintendo Switch it should log in then he can see what other "accounts" are linked etc.

Spoiler

2056207010_fortnite2.thumb.jpg.65e877c36499b9b99ef4144235ccd7df.jpg

Edited by Arn X Treme

7 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Are you saying Kid A & B have separate accounts?

When Kid A goes onto the Epic website and clicks log in via Nintendo Switch it should log in then he can see what other "accounts" are linked etc.

Hide contents

2056207010_fortnite2.thumb.jpg.65e877c36499b9b99ef4144235ccd7df.jpg

yes, 2 separate Microsoft and Nintendo accounts.  when i click on Connect on the page youve show me, it goes thru the whole progess until the end where it spits out the already associated error

pic.jpg

2 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

How did you log into the Epic Games site?

Using what platform or a straight epic log in?

Account originally created on xbox, then login on laptop to epic games using xbox credentials. Rest of account completed at that stage and I see the xbox connection Ok. 

Both xbox and epic games account shows same epic ID.  the switch has a different ID.  

I wonder did they create some basic epic account when they played rocket leagues after christmas?

Just now, fattakin said:

Account originally created on xbox, then login on laptop to epic games using xbox credentials. Rest of account completed at that stage and I see the xbox connection Ok. 

Both xbox and epic games account shows same epic ID.  the switch has a different ID.  

I wonder did they create some basic epic account when they played rocket leagues after christmas?

And there is nothing under the Nintendo Switch section? Not a disconnect button like on mine?

What happens if you log in via the Switch account in question? On the Epic Site i mean?

Was Rocket League part of Epic back at Xmas?

5 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

And there is nothing under the Nintendo Switch section? Not a disconnect button like on mine?

What happens if you log in via the Switch account in question? On the Epic Site i mean?

Was Rocket League part of Epic back at Xmas?

Connect button fails with the error above

when you login with switch account, it tries to create an epic account, asking for user/name etc.

I've just removed connected accounts from kid a's nintendo account
created a new family member on switch

launched fortnite 

connected account to his epic account
went to browser and activated

working!

going to try kid b's but just delete any save info on the switch and see if i can use his proper nintendo account. 

I managed to accidentally connect my son's Epic games account to my own Xbox gamer tag rather than his (I didn't realise my PC would automatically sign me in to my own gamer tag). After much wailing and gnashing of teeth (mostly from me) I emailed Epic Support, explained the situation and 24 hours later they responded and unlinked the accounts so I could reconnect them properly. They were really helpful and friendly so I would start there if you're having any problems at all with your Epic accounts.

I’ve opted for a 2nd account on Kid B’s switch also, allowed him to connect to the Xbox/epic account ok and can see his battle pass etc. Couldn’t see an easy way to clear any cache on the switch to get it to re-run that setup screen, even after a full delete/download. No biggy it’s a simple solution that will do well. 

I've found this season to be a lot better for solo and duo wins. 

I like the bows especially the "cleanse it with flame" & "fuck off into the corner cunt" versions.

Primal shotgun is just plain lovely in Mythic and Legendary flavours and really pack some punch for your trigger pull.

Not been enjoying the stink bow as much as every other team that i seem to come across, And i find the primal rifle just a waste of time, so it doesn't get picked up often. 

Upgrading the guns seems to be what the issue most people have with it but i find that if you put the tiny bit of effort in you reap the rewards.

Challenges are on the easier side at the moment, but I reckon they are waiting to release footballer Neymar Jr's challenges *snigger*.

Anyone going to go for one of the three Anime girl characters? I will so long as they are release separately and not one of those stupid £22 packs as i don't card for the Schoolgirl or Hoodiegirl. 

Odd season but with fast approaching level 90 i cant see me playing much past getting my Rachel Roth skin. 

19 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

I've found this season to be a lot better for solo and duo wins. 

I like the bows especially the "cleanse it with flame" & "fuck off into the corner cunt" versions.

Primal shotgun is just plain lovely in Mythic and Legendary flavours and really pack some punch for your trigger pull.

Not been enjoying the stink bow as much as every other team that i seem to come across, And i find the primal rifle just a waste of time, so it doesn't get picked up often. 

Upgrading the guns seems to be what the issue most people have with it but i find that if you put the tiny bit of effort in you reap the rewards.

Challenges are on the easier side at the moment, but I reckon they are waiting to release footballer Neymar Jr's challenges *snigger*.

Anyone going to go for one of the three Anime girl characters? I will so long as they are release separately and not one of those stupid £22 packs as i don't card for the Schoolgirl or Hoodiegirl. 

Odd season but with fast approaching level 90 i cant see me playing much past getting my Rachel Roth skin.

I'll stick around for the Neymar Quests but after that yeah I think I will be done for the season.

Is Naymar a good footballer then?

Is he the new Alan Shearer?

My nephews tell me he's going to be in it as he's been streaming Fortnite loads and basically kisses their ass.

He's not that great at Fortnite they say, but at least he's got his football career.

I still don’t like this season even with several wins under my belt... obv none in solo yet as I just don’t play it anymore due to sbmm and my general ‘meh’ at the whole thing - I’m only level 40 and that shows the decline in my playing.

Ive often thought is this the season I finally get bored of the game and maybe this is it... I actually only really play it to muck about with mates so hope they can improve it and lure me back in.

2 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I still don’t like this season even with several wins under my belt... obv none in solo yet as I just don’t play it anymore due to sbmm and my general ‘meh’ at the whole thing - I’m only level 40 and that shows the decline in my playing.

Ive often thought is this the season I finally get bored of the game and maybe this is it... I actually only really play it to muck about with mates so hope they can improve it and lure me back in.

Oh damn my other half started her first season a "fortnite" ago (sorry) and is already lvl 42 so you must really hate it.

Without scrolling back what is it that puts you off? Primal? Crafting? Wolves? Neymar Jr? Frogs?

I don't enjoy the characters this time round besides being a big DC Comics fan so the Teen Titans / Titans Raven is ok. And i feel that makes a difference to how i feel about seasons, looking back at previous seasons i can see the character hate which is what is stopping me from playing. 

When does this season end? Trying to figure out how long I've got left to grind. My son and i have both hit a bit of a wall with it after rinsing last season - Ive restarted RDR2 and he's back into Roblox but would like to get some more of the skins before it finishes

5 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

When does this season end? Trying to figure out how long I've got left to grind. My son and i have both hit a bit of a wall with it after rinsing last season - Ive restarted RDR2 and he's back into Roblox but would like to get some more of the skins before it finishes

June 8th acording to the dash. 

22 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Oh damn my other half started her first season a "fortnite" ago (sorry) and is already lvl 42 so you must really hate it.

Without scrolling back what is it that puts you off? Primal? Crafting? Wolves? Neymar Jr? Frogs?

I don't enjoy the characters this time round besides being a big DC Comics fan so the Teen Titans / Titans Raven is ok. And i feel that makes a difference to how i feel about seasons, looking back at previous seasons i can see the character hate which is what is stopping me from playing. 

I don’t care for the theme but mostly the weapons are awful - makeshift are only there to be an upgrade path to the old ‘normal’ guns with Scar still king, primals could be amazing but have no 100% accuracy so you have pot luck with bloom but the real killer for me is no sniper rifles and while I don’t mind the bows they are no replacement and have a history of not being very good in this game and there isn’t a hugely compelling argument to say they are good here.

SSBM is a mess at the moment so that’s a bit shite  but the whole game is at odds with itself on the one hand removing the skill of an amazing sniper shot and yet promoting hold down and fire and you could get lucky with massive damage so no point trying to control your shooting :( 

Honestly is still rather deal with mechs...

Some good games at the weekend @Shimmyhill, nice to finally get a four man squad together for a bit! And topped off nicely with a win; can’t believe I missed norfolktoon’s card at catty corner though :blush: I often can’t find things under my nose :lol:

In other news, I put Fortnite back on my iPhone, purely out of curiosity to see how well it ran (it ran very poorly on my old 7). It was surprisingly fun revisiting season 3! Old locations, tac shotties, bosses, burst ARs, henchmen, heck even the marauders raised a smile!

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Some good games at the weekend @Shimmyhill, nice to finally get a four man squad together for a bit! And topped off nicely with a win; can’t believe I missed norfolktoon’s card at catty corner though :blush: I often can’t find things under my nose :lol:

In other news, I put Fortnite back on my iPhone, purely out of curiosity to see how well it ran (it ran very poorly on my old 7). It was surprisingly fun revisiting season 3! Old locations, tac shotties, bosses, burst ARs, henchmen, heck even the marauders raised a smile!

Bow powah for that win!

Im still not feeling it solo but have fun with chums so will stick with it but defi looking at some warzone action soon I reckon!

Got my first VR of the season playing solo, with help from a hired NPC. They are great as a distraction at the end. Followed that with a few 2nd and 3rds in duos.

Screenshot_20210417-092438.thumb.jpg.316dfd82adf0ee20c998a73503dcb3da.jpg

I'm quite liking this season, though I've only been playing since Monday, love the bows.  I must say the balancing they've done in the last few days has helped. 

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S7 Invasion