Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S7 Invasion

gospvg

2 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Can I gift other items? So if my son wants anything from the store, can I buy it then send it to him? It's the only way I can think to make use of this now.

Yeah, just buy stuff for him from the item shop, but make sure you select gift rather than purchase, as if you purchase it you cant then gift it.

I meant to say that I thought you could only buy the pass with cash; assumed that since no one else mentioned it that it had changed! Sorry!

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

Tac shotguns are back!! And infantry rifles. Plus even more crafting materials.

Yeah, was super chuffed to get the gold combat shotgun from a blue chest last night.

I remember hating the infantry rifle before but really enjoying it this time round, the other half got a guy through the windshield of a truck with about three hits. 

Oh, god, how fun are the big Optimus Prime trucks with chunky tires on them, they bounce through the building like they are made from butter.

Had what I think could be my best ever win last night!

I was playing random squads, and had a match with the typical behaviours - one dropped out before we got on the bus, one landed the other side of the map, and one landed with me at Lazy Lake. Got swamped but somehow managed four eliminations off the bat; my companion got eliminated, and by the time I’d cleared the threat, healed up, armed myself with more than a pointy stick and harsh language to go and get his card, he’d quit :seanr:

Since I’d done well on my own I decided to soldier on. To my surprise the other guy had made it over to me - I had 7 eliminations by this point, so maybe he decided to get in on the action :lol:

The zone was kind to us and I picked up a few more elims. Ended up on high ground outside Lazy with only two opponents remaining; took one out from my hill, spotted the last one heading into a building. I was able to break his shield with my splodey bow before he got into cover, but as he was going to have to come to us, I played the waiting game. My companion didn’t, he rushed in and got himself knocked. No point giving up my advantage to try and rez him in a deathtrap about to be swallowed by the storm so I let the last guy show himself first, peppered him with my bow before he started rushing me; dropped down while he reloaded and took him out :D

11 eliminations, all mine. Not quite a solo squad win but it damn well felt like it!!

y4mudVmi5_y_gLfGnAjIQKtVYreb1VIGyEgligr4

y4mgEwDLkOnCZAXOaXo0JRtqOI72x2b2z5dQ75Ky

Well played@Pistol.

Had a ton of shite games with the other half last night all top ten finishes but nothing to write home about. 

The other half had a fantastic kill by flipping a truck with the explosive bow, but other than a really lucky grenade bounce that was about as good as it got.

Match making on this is so random when it comes to paring us up me (141) & her (89). One game we took down two gold season skins but then got took out by a lucky shotgun shot to the back of the head by a solo player. 

We then ended up against a clear bot team as i ran out of shells and managed to bob and weave and then bludgeon the player to death with my chicken drumsticks.

I'll be on late tonight if anyone is about?

5 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

Well played@Pistol.

Had a ton of shite games with the other half last night all top ten finishes but nothing to write home about. 

The other half had a fantastic kill by flipping a truck with the explosive bow, but other than a really lucky grenade bounce that was about as good as it got.

Match making on this is so random when it comes to paring us up me (141) & her (89). One game we took down two gold season skins but then got took out by a lucky shotgun shot to the back of the head by a solo player. 

We then ended up against a clear bot team as i ran out of shells and managed to bob and weave and then bludgeon the player to death with my chicken drumsticks.

I'll be on late tonight if anyone is about?

I don’t think it’s changed but there is no skill based match making on duos and squads only solos, bots are just to fill space if not enough hoomans are about - Duos does seem to have a fair chance of really good players being in every game where squads feels the easiest to farm dubs should you wish.

I had a duos game yesterday I think that I was about to report for cheating but turned out they were Faze and just that bloody good!

14 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Hopped on for a quick lunch break game, hooked up with @Shimmyhill and we got a duos dub :D

Did panic a wee bit that we weren’t going to make it out of the storm near the end there!

One game won dub, it’s how we roll 8-)

The drama in that game tho, I had my headset on but as you had no mic I took it off, then my mum rang so I played that game talking to her on an AirPod with failing charge and mum thinking I had the washing machine on :lol: I think you revived me at least twice in the storm as as I came out of the storm two bloody enemies were next to me - how they didn’t kill me I don’t know! Has to be the most chaotic win I’ve had but they all count :D 

(Not to mention the game before that I got a solo dub with a delicious grenade kill at the end!)

Lol yeah it was so hectic there, I hadn’t been keeping an eye on your health and was planning for us to ride out of the storm in that whiplash, it looked as though you were having trouble getting in and I panicked thinking there was an enemy hiding in the passenger seat when you went down :lol: carried you to the water, realised I wouldn’t be able to get you out while swimming, managed to fit in a revive and just made it out on about 2 health myself! Another quick floating revive then we were right back into it on that hill! Everything after that went smoothly by comparison :lol:

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Lol yeah it was so hectic there, I hadn’t been keeping an eye on your health and was planning for us to ride out of the storm in that whiplash, it looked as though you were having trouble getting in and I panicked thinking there was an enemy hiding in the passenger seat when you went down :lol: carried you to the water, realised I wouldn’t be able to get you out while swimming, managed to fit in a revive and just made it out on about 2 health myself! Another quick floating revive then we were right back into it on that hill! Everything after that went smoothly by comparison :lol:

I can’t seem to ever get in a vehicle if someone is in it already :( 

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

I can’t seem to ever get in a vehicle if someone is in it already :( 

Love that video :D

I keep meaning to figure out how to clip stuff on the PC, but I never get round to it!

26 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Love that video :D

I keep meaning to figure out how to clip stuff on the PC, but I never get round to it!

Just use windows+g if you've got the Xbox thing logged in, and you can record from there. 

Or can you scream "xbox record that" like i do everytime something i want to clip happens. 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

You know what, I feel like I’ve been neglecting the flame lately - no gas can shall go unexploded!

I lost a potential dub due to the flame, I had a flame bow + flare gun - everything was on fire and blowing up…..unfortunately so was I :facepalm:

I did also do dis…..

I got a good solo win after dicking around seeing fire to stuff. The last guy was at the bottom of that big waterfall and I was up top, he was hiding at an angle that meant I had to jump and fire my explosive bow. I think the storm might have trapped him if I didn't hit him anyway. I hope they keep the bows next season. 

Embrace the bow!

I’m not saying they are the same as snipers, because they’re not at all, but while we don’t have snipers, they are the best ranged weapon and sooo much fun.

One thing that settled it for me, was the realisation that whilst I was frustrated at not having a sniper, neither did anyone else. Changes the way you play when you’re not having to worry that you could be sniped at any moment.

I miss the snipers but love the bow, mainly the bounce bow as it’s so much fun and great for getting out of a pickle in a build fight or just moving around the map when the storm is on you!

Having said that, man I wish I had a sniper and I’m sure the heavy should be able to propel me around the map!!! 

Hats off to Epic tho as they have tweaked the balance of lots of things and now it’s definitely not as bad a season as the mechs even if it’s still not a great one IMO.

I have been living under a rock for how knows how long and just picked up this game to pootle about in with my son about 3 weeks ago.

Spoiler

I am now level 144. 8-)

A lot more fun than I was expecting.

7 hours ago, hub2 said:

I have been living under a rock for how knows how long and just picked up this game to pootle about in with my son about 3 weeks ago.

Hide contents

I am now level 144. 8-)

A lot more fun than I was expecting.

144 means nothing round here it's about how far you are with your Neymar JR skins :P

Joking aside welcome to the club, it was my Nephews who got me into it and now I play with the other half who's never been a gamer and she's already level 98.

It's such a good game both simple and complex at the same time. 

57/60 Epic quests completed to get the final skin! Although I did a bunch of Raz quests yesterday but the total did not update, so I'm a little confused what counts.

29 minutes ago, hub2 said:

60/60, level 155 (I think)

I think I may give it a teeny tiny break until season 7. ;) 

Yep I'm basicially done only doing the weekly quests to unlock the skin variations.

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S7 Invasion