Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S7 Invasion

gospvg

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

So it looks like I'm installing Fortnite. My kid is suddenly desperate to play it with me. 

Welcome! It's great. 

Bit disappointed by the lack of map changes this season. Hope there's more next time. 

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I just watched a stream and the minute anyone gets shot at, they just start building the Eiffel tower then there's some long, convoluted build and destroy cat and mouse. Is that how this game plays out? 

Unless you’re my age and just don’t bother with building 👀

Yeah I've won plenty and I can't build for shit. Just play how you want to play. 

My tactic is to keep out of trouble until absolutely necessary. The problem with that is, you don't get much practise shooting so it takes a while to get confident at that. Use team rumble to practise shooting. 

When you first start, there's plenty of bots in solo mode. They pretty much count as target practice, and they're so useless you can probably win the first game you play. 

It's only after the first game or two that proper matchmaking gets introduced. 

11 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I just watched a stream and the minute anyone gets shot at, they just start building the Eiffel tower then there's some long, convoluted build and destroy cat and mouse. Is that how this game plays out? 

You shouldn’t come up against that kind of opponent too often, the skill based matchmaking should pit you against players of a similar skill level.

As mentioned, Team Rumble is good for practicing without worrying about getting eliminated as you just respawn immediately.

In solo mode (or duos, with your son) edge camping can be a good way to get a decent length game, keep the storm to your back and sneak about. Remember that the longer the distance to the next zone, the faster the storm will move; so, try to keep to the narrow side where the storm moves slowest. Figure out the lay of the land, pick off unguarded opponents.

Stick your epic ID in this thread and see if you can get in a game with some of us lot some time. It’s loads of fun :D

Teasers are coming in fast for the new season. With what's been leaked in-game so far they've got a real opportunity to make something special with the game storyline this season Tie-In character aside. 

Although this seems a little silly to me!

Could they make that clue anymore obvious!!

723C220E-7896-4C1F-ACA3-11FD2B526588.jpeg

Just got a 10-kill solo squad win! Last guy was a proper cranker too, editing all over the shop but I got him low and kept the pressure on when he tried to heal. He tried a last ditch edit shot but I got him first :)

44 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Just got a 10-kill solo squad win! Last guy was a proper cranker too, editing all over the shop but I got him low and kept the pressure on when he tried to heal. He tried a last ditch edit shot but I got him first :)

Yeah well we won a duos earlier and I fired about 5 bullets from my scar and won the game 😂😂😂

I feel like my butt is not attractive enough :(

I even headed to risky reels when I was as low as the soles of my shoes, hoping for a bit of friendly alien abductery, but nada.

Didn’t even bother with the season pass this time, and still have the v-bucks from the last one, plus the free ones from this one.  Will see how the Battle Pass looks before deciding if it’s worth it.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Indeed, good games as ever but you need to sort your mic out before next season starts ;) 

I’ll take this as the final game of the season…

spacer.png

I’ll do my best 😅

See you all next season!

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S7 Invasion