IGNORED

Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 ends 4th December

gospvg

• 1 month later...

Looks great.  I'm quite happy to pay up for a founders pack for something that looks as fun as this, there'll no doubt be some benefits when it goes F2P for those that stumped up at the start. Standard argument, but when I think of the money I've spent on games I've ended up not liking, £35 is fuck all.  

This has a real whiff of Orcs Must Die about it, which is a series I've sunk hundreds of hours into.

16 minutes ago, Dinobot said:

I heard this wasn't actually out for 2 weeks?

13 minutes ago, Revival said:

It's out today at 3pm going by the store page:

:coffee:

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Ah well, when it's free to play I guess I'll just download two versions. It's always a shame when the only way to play with my kids is to fork out for two consoles and two copies of a game :( 

Why not just gameshare a digital copy across the two consoles?

3 hours ago, Broker said:

You generally can't play co-op or online together from one copy on the same PSN profile. 

Someone can use a different profile on the PS4 which is set as the primary console for the account which owns the game.

They don't even need to have PS+ so long as the main account has it.

This is tremendous the sheer scope of the upgrading/looting/scavenging combined with the skill trees and extremely tight combat with a big nod to Borderlands graphically/aesthetically and in the mission design in a lot of places is joyous. This is everything I wanted from the Division and more - so far People Can Fly have pulled it out the bag.

We spent 50 minutes at unlock (3pm) today stuck in a queue trying to login before giving up for half an hour to let it settle then once enough missions were finished struggled to all party up but everything is running absolutely effortlessly now.

I do like this. Rather ocnfused by the menus and such. I am sure the game explained it some time but:

- how do I equip a weapon I built?

- weapons that break, can they be repaired? If yes, how?

- what resource is needed to craft ammo?

- what is the purpose of the additional teams I can set up? You know, like the Resources one.

What's the deal with the lamas though. Are they different from loot boxes?

1 hour ago, df0 said:

I do like this. Rather ocnfused by the menus and such. I am sure the game explained it some time but:

- how do I equip a weapon I built?

- weapons that break, can they be repaired? If yes, how?

- what resource is needed to craft ammo?

- what is the purpose of the additional teams I can set up? You know, like the Resources one.

What's the deal with the lamas though. Are they different from loot boxes?

I'll try to help out here. 

1) When you press back or whatever button accesses backpack, you should have in the left column schematics and then in the middle more schematics. The ones in the middle are the ones you physically possess as weapons, the left column is what you can make. As soon as you craft from the left column it should appear in the middle. Be sure to take note of the various tabs in the backpack for different types of weapons. 

2) There is no current way to repair weapons. At the moment we figured the best thing to do was to recycle them when they are near breaking to at least get some reusable materials back. 

3) It depends on the type of ammo, I wasn't too sure on this myself last night to be honest and found myself with no ammo and no mats to build new weapons either at the end of our session. 

4) It essentially looks very deep. From what i could see you can assign each squad a leader that will have certain traits. The one I had was pragmatic so I then put any other defenders that had pragmatic in with that leader, haven't worked out exactly what it's all for yet but that's part of the fun for me at least. 

The llamas are essentially loot boxes yea, you can find loot out in the world or in chests from finishing the missions but for those who want to splurge real money on llamas they may unlock more heroes/weapons faster. Bear in mind though that to use certain heroes you need a certain skill in the skill tree and some weapons you will be too low level to use so it's less pay to win than people will likely moan it is! 

All in all, had a blast last night, my only issue is the fact it seems you all have to be on the same quest to do it together in a group. It doesn't appear like you can go back and do old quests if someone in your group hasn't advanced as far...essentially means I'll only play it when the full gang is on so no-one gets ahead/left behind. 

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 - Kevin is back
  • gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 ends 4th December