Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 - Kevin is back

gospvg

Just watched my son get a 14 kill solo win on the Switch.  He normally plays on PS4 as he doesn’t like the switch joycons when playing Fortnite.  It was something else to watch.  He said that some kills were bots but I was still impressed.

Plus, it was on my account so I get that career badge :D

What the fuck was up with partying last night?

After spending two games with harsh rubber banding with the other half, I tried joining you a few times @Pistol only to be told there were errors with the party.

A reboot didn't change anything, so I put it down to a privacy setting your end. 

However, as soon as I tried to jump into another party with a couple of mates I had the same error message.

I really hope they get this shit figured out before the BB Comp this evening, if not they'll be some really pissed off people including myself. 

Ah shit, that sucks @Arn X Treme! I know my son was complaining about the new system so maybe there are troubles with it?

I only stopped on for a bit last night to do a few challenges, ended up getting a solo win though which is always a bonus :D

It was brutal yesterday, I went into 5 games and died off spawn everytime with people building way above my skill level.

They have to do something about the matchmaking, i shouldn’t ever be put into lobbies with these people, it puts me off playing.

It was in complete contrast to the night before where I got a solo win and the other players were putting walls up to protect themselves but not ramping over me and editing.

3 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

Quite proud of this one, air sit with an explosive bow, not quite enough to finish off but finished him before he landed. Only finished 4th after that. 

That was sweet!

So, fire week has ended, to be replaced with... fish week.

Except, they’ve retained the extra damage done by fire. So, fire bows still the killer weapon, just harder to get one (well, not that hard - just need bones and a gas can..)

1 hour ago, Mike1812 said:

And if you're lucky there won't be 30 others trying to do the same :lol:

Team Royale for the win

1 minute ago, carlospie said:

Has this been upgraded on series X? Looks amazing now 

It was one of the first games to get a native Series/PS5 version it supports 120fps and runs at much higher settings, it really is impressive visually.

Anyone had a go at the Impossible Escape mode? I had a quick attempt at lunchtime, it seems bloody frustrating. Probably a lot better if you team up with mates, but in solo you just spend bloody ages trailing around the whole island with hardly any weapons, looking for stuff that’s spread to the four winds, if you do meet one of the whole 15 other players they kill you on sight rather than teaming up, or someone else escapes in the chopper and you lose. Also my son got betrayed and eliminated on board the chopper just before they escaped which made him mad as hell, there is literally no point in doing that other than to grief players who’ve just spent ages helping you to get the darn umbrella! Some people are just pricks.

So. Anyone having a better time with it than me? I have a full umbrella complement thus far, so I want to get this one too, but it feels like it’ll be annoying!!

21 hours ago, Pistol said:

Anyone had a go at the Impossible Escape mode? I had a quick attempt at lunchtime, it seems bloody frustrating. Probably a lot better if you team up with mates, but in solo you just spend bloody ages trailing around the whole island with hardly any weapons, looking for stuff that’s spread to the four winds, if you do meet one of the whole 15 other players they kill you on sight rather than teaming up, or someone else escapes in the chopper and you lose. Also my son got betrayed and eliminated on board the chopper just before they escaped which made him mad as hell, there is literally no point in doing that other than to grief players who’ve just spent ages helping you to get the darn umbrella! Some people are just pricks.

So. Anyone having a better time with it than me? I have a full umbrella complement thus far, so I want to get this one too, but it feels like it’ll be annoying!!

My nephew (who is now officially an esports player) was saying its hard as nails and full of backstabbers.

I'm off tomorrow so can play in the day if you want to have a stab at it together if we can?

I'm still going through the season i am now sitting at 169 or around the mark (just got Kevin the cube raptor skater-gurl) and i'll just go through motions while i do the NBA challenges.

Always feels empty once you've done the main battlepass and challenges. 

@Arn X Treme unfortunately I won’t get to play during the day - if you see me online, I’m just AFK Creative XP farming! (Wasn’t going to bother grinding levels for the extra styles, but I do love me some Kevin so may as well.)

Will carry on giving the mode a go, but I can only give it so many attempts before I get fed up! :lol: Bloody completionist umbrella hoarder that I am, I won’t sleep easy if I fail to get it :lol:

If anyone wanted to get the Batman Zero Point comics, but couldn’t get copies, Amazon have a good price for the collected edition which includes all the codes for the items. Costs less than buying the comics individually, though you will have to wait until September to get it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/177951056X?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Also, if you play on PC, there’s a free skin pack in the store at the moment. If your PC isn’t up to playing Fortnite, it doesn’t really matter; as long as you can install it to claim the skin pack, it’ll then be available on your account on whichever platform you do play on.

15 hours ago, Pistol said:

Also, if you play on PC, there’s a free skin pack in the store at the moment. If your PC isn’t up to playing Fortnite, it doesn’t really matter; as long as you can install it to claim the skin pack, it’ll then be available on your account on whichever platform you do play on.

Thanks for this just when I thought I was done with this season!

Added the quests will finish them off this evening.

Yeah that was a great couple of games there! Especially satisfying to win after all the running the storm made us do :lol:

Still can’t believe I hadn’t looked at my friend request list, goodness knows how long yours had been sitting there 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I also managed to get the impossible escape umbrella last night - that was stressful! Think that mode finishes tomorrow? So if anyone’s wanting to try and finish it off, better get cracking!

I got lucky, managed to get a vehicle with chonk tyres and nab a chopper part, when I took it to the chopper there was a squad of three there and luckily they accepted me onto their team. I then realised we were the last four remaining, which took some of the pressure off as at least we wouldn’t have to worry about other players (unless one of us was a dirty backstabber!). 

One of the three marked a part, but the other two set off in another direction, on foot despite vehicles being available - so I took my car and followed the guy going for the part. We got that one and were heading back when one of the others got knocked; unfortunately we were now too split up to reach them in time and he got eliminated, the other guy on his own didn’t last much longer either. I felt bad about that but sticking together, or at least pairing up, and using a vehicle is definitely wise.

Now down to two and with one part left to get, night descended again... we got the last part but were set upon by ghosts, I got knocked and thank heavens Deadpool kept his head and his honour and revived me! I repaid the favour in kind when we got mobbed at the chopper site after our car finally blew up, day broke just in time, fitted the final part, took off and made for the exit! The fuel warning started going when we had still 700m to go, hair raising stuff but I had 25 fuel left in the gas can I’d been carrying all match and it was just enough!! Umbrella get, now to never play that mode again :lol:

To be fair it’s actually quite good, but there are too many frustrations with it:

1. There’s just too much to do for you to have much chance unless you’re in a squad, and with only 16 players spread out over the whole map, and people being selfish/dumb, it’s hard to squad up.

2. The ghosts are too op.

3. It takes too bloody long. If you spend 40 minutes on a game only for it to go down the toilet, that’s not good fun.

4. There should be consequences for leaving a squad; or, you can’t leave a squad whilst on board the chopper. Too many backstabbers.

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 - Kevin is back